PDA

View Full Version : Cerakote Patriot Brown

se7en30
10-12-10, 15:57
has anyone seen this color in person? i really can't find any pics how it looks sprayed on(except for one pic of a nikon scope) , gear sector has some pics of their gear but those look more computer generated

Lucky Strike
10-12-10, 19:56
I haven't seen it but when I was trying to figure out what color to cerakote the slide of my handgun (ended up with sniper grey) I went on their website (NIC industries) and they'll send you little metal plates in any color they have free of charge

Stickman
10-12-10, 20:43
I've talked to Jason about it, and the color sounds good, but I don't have any pictures to show of it.

JTrusty
10-12-10, 21:57
gear sector has some pics of their gear but those look more computer generated

I will try and get some outdoor pics tomorrow with a comparison between Dark Earth and Patriot Brown. In the interim, think of Patriot Brown as an extremely close match to Daniel Defense Dark Earth rails. It is a very nice middle / dark brown a few shades lighter than a Hershey Bar. :D

Ak44
10-12-10, 22:26
I will try and get some outdoor pics tomorrow with a comparison between Dark Earth and Patriot Brown. In the interim, think of Patriot Brown as an extremely close match to Daniel Defense Dark Earth rails. It is a very nice middle / dark brown a few shades lighter than a Hershey Bar. :D

MMMM Hershey bar :happy:

se7en30
10-13-10, 00:51
Thanks, this is awesome

WEC
10-13-10, 00:58
From the few pics I've seen, patriot brown looks very nice. Indeed, I was thinking it would be very similar to DD's FDE, and reminiscent of LWRC's MRE. I'm seriously considering doing my next build (a recce) in patriot.

se7en30
10-14-10, 18:07
Did you get a chance to take any pics Jason?

JTrusty
10-14-10, 18:38
Did you get a chance to take any pics Jason?

Not yet brother. I have been swampped in the shop. I will try and get some taken tomorrow.

se7en30
10-14-10, 19:13
Thanks bro

JTrusty
10-24-10, 13:28
Ok, here's a quick pic with a few Patriot Brown components. I haven't had time to put a complete PB build together yet, but until then, this will have to suffice. :D

http://www.gearsector.com/img/misc/forum/gsr/sbr/14.jpg

Lighting isn't perfect, but all three items are the exact same color.

WEC
12-07-10, 23:37
Thread necrophilia.

Was wondering, Jason, if you have any comparative pics of patriot brown to DD's FDE? I know you say it's extremely close but pics would definitely help. Thanks if you manage to get some!