PDA

View Full Version : Gen 3 Glock 19 Barrel

Six oh Nine
10-13-10, 00:50
Hey guys, I currently own and operate a Gen 3 Glock 19, and am in the market for an aftermarket barrel.
Main reasons are only because:
1) I would like to shoot lead based reloads, and I fear damage to the stock barrel
2)I would like to preserve the stock barrel, merely because it has the firearms serial number on it, and I would like to keep it in near stock condition.

I understand that there wont be any serious increase in accuracy increase so I guess mainly what I am looking for is a barrel that will shoot lead, and also one that people on hear have had good results with.

Thanks for your help!

m1a_scoutguy
10-13-10, 00:57
If you just need (:confused:) to spend the $$$$,,get one of the Wolf BBLs I quess !!!! I have shot over 2K of Lead through my #19 with no ill effects !! I have a buddy that has shot waaaaay over 20/25k through his Mod 19,,99% lead reloads,,,Hmmmm,frame cracked,,got a new one from Glock,,,put the same BBL back in,,,,:eek: Spend the $$$ on Ammo or Training,,LOL !!! :D

Six oh Nine
10-13-10, 01:05
my goal wasn't just to spend money, it was actually hoping to save money in the long run by purchasing lead reloads, I have noticed a pretty good price difference in the ammo

GermanSynergy
10-13-10, 04:36
For an aftermarket barrel, Lone Wolf is a good choice.

m1a_scoutguy
10-13-10, 10:09
my goal wasn't just to spend money, it was actually hoping to save money in the long run by purchasing lead reloads, I have noticed a pretty good price difference in the ammo

Sorry Man,,I hear ya,,,,it's just that I have access to lots of lead bullets & pretty much shoot them exclusivly out of my Mod-19 and never had any problems. (My buddy casts them & they are pretty hard.) Didn't see the need to buy the other BBL I guess. The lead shoot great out of my 19,,,are accurate and the leading really isn't bad at all. The Lone Wolf BBLs are great BBLs & would be a good choice for what you want. :)

Code3Patriot
10-13-10, 16:28
Can't go wrong with Lone Wolf. I have several of their threaded barrels and they shoot great.

JGM
10-14-10, 23:02
I've had good luck with the Storm Lake barrels. I bought them specifically to shoot lead. I have one for my G19 and another for the G34.

Argus
10-15-10, 22:37
I use a Lone Wolf barrel in my G19 for shooting lead reloads, and have been happy with it. I do switch back to the factory barrel for carry/HD.