PDA

View Full Version : Tavor Bullpup Rifle

gadget
10-13-10, 02:06
My Tavor Bullpup with 20" barrel, and a Canadian designed and built rail system.

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk422/gadget6819/Tavor.jpg
http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/kk422/gadget6819/Tavor2.jpg

gadget

GermanSynergy
10-13-10, 05:46
Very jealous I am....:D

Kchen986
10-13-10, 07:10
Do Want!

Very nice gun there, sir. :D

Any range reports? I'd love to see what type of groups it shoots, any complaints, reliability, how it manipulates (i.e. reloads, malfunctions).

:)

Moose-Knuckle
10-13-10, 11:54
I'm green with envy! Congrats sir. . . :cool:

BushmasterFanBoy
10-13-10, 12:04
Very cool, but I think it needs a MARS sight for the full effect. ;)

LJNoobicon
10-13-10, 16:57
I didn't think these were available to us common folk ?

TOrrock
10-13-10, 17:04
I didn't think these were available to us common folk ?

Canadian.

AR's are restricted up there, but Tavors are not.

lloydkristmas
10-13-10, 19:10
Whats the limit on mag capacity for yall up there? 10?

Thats a sweet rifle

Basically you guys get SBR's and SBS's, but limited mag capacity, with certain guns being unavailable, right?

Ray T
10-13-10, 19:16
Very NICE !!! I would love to shoot your rifle !!

LJNoobicon
10-13-10, 21:12
Canadian.

Seriously, that is a weird set of laws. I knew they could get SBSs.

Can a Canadian explain this "loop hole"(excuse the term) to me ? Why an AR is a no no but the Tavor is good to go ?

EDIT: Never mind I got off my lazy ass and googled it...I wish our import laws were more like Canadas, they can get Chinese goodies like the Type 97(QBZ-97) and the Polytech M1A. Not that I want ether one but variety is the spice of life you know.

I also read that you don't have to be Canadian to take the test and apply to own a firearm in Canada(granted I only read this I have no real source) but it must stay in Canada, so I guess some of you guys who might live near the border might be in luck. Buy a Tavor and go visit it on the weekends.

crazymoose
10-14-10, 01:33
In 5.56, I always thought that a long barrel on a bullpup made a lot of sense. You get M16 velocities in a package shorter than an M4. The 21.5" barrel is one of the few good characteristics of Bushmaster's defunct M17.

TY44934
10-14-10, 13:20
Canadian.

Since Tavor is not restricted up there, do the Canadian owners get to use full-capacity magazines in them? Or is 10 the limit?

TOrrock
10-14-10, 13:37
Actually I believe it's a 5 round limit.

E-izzle
10-14-10, 13:39
In Canada, semi-automatic long guns are limited to 5 rounds, whether or not it's restricted (with an exception to the Garand, where we're still allowed 8). But since handguns are limited to 10 rounds and we can get AR-pistol mags here, we can get away with 10 rounds in our guns that take AR mags as long as those mags are labeled as being for pistols.

bondmid003
10-15-10, 15:56
:confused: Canadien laws are definitely better in some aspects and worse in others. SBR's are ok as long as they were manufactured that way but compact pistols are not

Rhutch
12-08-10, 16:25
The biggest problems getting decent AR's in Canada is not our laws but the US State Department wont let them be exported to Canada, they even are stopping things like scopes and ACOGS.

AR's are restricted but that just means you need a restricted Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) just a quick test (class if you need it and $75). They can be used at restricted ranges (pretty common) and can't be used to hunt.

The Tavor isn't really a short barrelled rifle the barrel is actually 20 inches, it is produced as a true semi (not converted from full auto) so it doesn't fall in the restricted class.

Our laws are stupid because when you guys had the assault rifle ban our government went through catalogs and basically said that's a scary black rifle it should be prohibited.

I just got my first AR, don't get mad its a Norinco CQ-A made in China, I'm actually impressed with it. It has a nice trigger,the upper and lower have a good fit, the finish on this batch is greatly improved from their first batch of painted lowers (these are actually hard anodized), mil-spec buffer tube, staked gas key, 14.5 inch barrel chrome lined barrel 1in 9 twist, flash hider, bayonet lug and it was just $700. I've got about 1000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. Accuracy was good right out of the box. It makes a nice companion to my Tavor.

So I've now been bitten and am looking to get good AR, my dealer who is a Noveske dealer in the US as well and is trying to import some, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For comparison a Rock River Operator was going for $1800 a few months ago. The good news is since these Chinese AR's have hit the market in Canada the prices have dropped $300 or more.

alaskacop
12-09-10, 06:16
It sure would be nice to own SIG (actual sig rifles) and Tavor's but....

...those odd Canadian laws, its like owning a Ferrari but only being allowed to drive it two blocks at a time. Even during the AWB you could still own hi-cap mags (well in most states).

Rhutch
12-09-10, 08:37
The mag cap rules are silly, I have all sorts of 30 rnd mags that are pinned to 5 rnds with a pop rivet. So if SHTF all I need is a 1/8 inch drill bit and I'm back in business. In the mean time I use 10 round LAR pistol mags and just get very good at mag changes.

In general most gun laws are stupid because they only effect the law abiding citizen not the criminal that they are aimed at.

warnerd
12-09-10, 23:49
The mag cap rules are silly, I have all sorts of 30 rnd mags that are pinned to 5 rnds with a pop rivet. So if SHTF all I need is a 1/8 inch drill bit and I'm back in business. In the mean time I use 10 round LAR pistol mags and just get very good at mag changes.

In general most gun laws are stupid because they only effect the law abiding citizen not the criminal that they are aimed at.

I couldn't agree with you more bro.

TinMan556
12-10-10, 23:57
I would love to have one but I will settle with my SBR'ed Ps90