PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Design Labs holster????

jmoore
10-13-10, 10:49
Anyone have any feedback on these? Looks like an offshoot of the Serpa - with a rather interesting (bulky?) "tunnel" to cover the release button. Vids show that it appears to be hell-bent-for-leather tough in the retention department.

Any feedback/input appreciated.

john

patrol120
10-13-10, 12:22
TDL has been around a lot longer then the Serpa.

Entropy
10-13-10, 14:43
I first tried out the TDL Professional in 2004. It is a pretty solid design, with better retention and durability than the Serpa. However, I'm not a big fan of the trigger finger locking release. It's a funny thing how muscle memory works. There have been officers that have mistakenly fired their weapon when drawing from the holster using a Serpa. The trigger finger tends to drag along the holster and into the trigger guard when drawning under stress.

Keebsley
10-13-10, 16:22
TDL has been around longer than the Serpa. The company and design is made by a former BPD and SWAT officer. A good number of local departments here use his duty belt and holsters. Great retention because unless somebody knows how to get the pistol out, they aren't going to get it out, tugging, pulling, yanking etc.

If you aren't proficient in the draw, it can hinder things but just like any other holster with multiple retention, you have to practice at it to be effective. I'm not a fan of the bulkiness of the unit but it's still a great holster.