PDA

View Full Version : MI Sling Adapter Wont Install on MP-ORC

Mac5.56
10-13-10, 17:13
Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a MCTAR-30 Sling Adapter from a store in the area. I went to install it on my MP-ORC (c stands for compliant I live in a restricted state). It is an easy enough install the two pieces are supposed to slide over the buffer tube then clamp down. Problem is they don't fit at all. Am I missing something here? The circle for the tube seems to be extremely smaller then my buffer tube.

You can see an image of the product on the link below:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25007/Product/MIDWEST_INDUSTRIES_AR_15_MCTAR_30HD_SLING_ADAPTER

Mac5.56
10-13-10, 17:18
Should there be flex in the aluminum (IE should I expand the hole slightly while torquing down the allen screws)?

ghostman1960
10-13-10, 17:29
It sounds like you have a commercial buffer tube. They are slightly larger in diameter than the milspec tube. The problem is if you switch to milspec buffer tube to fit your sling adapter you will need to also change your stock. I hope this helps.

Iraqgunz
10-13-10, 17:31
What is a MP-ORC?

Two thoughts come to mind. Is your buffer tube a commercial or milspec tube?

I have never used this type of sling mount, but do the two pieces have to be flush?

Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a MCTAR-30 Sling Adapter from a store in the area. I went to install it on my MP-ORC (c stands for compliant I live in a restricted state). It is an easy enough install the two pieces are supposed to slide over the buffer tube then clamp down. Problem is they don't fit at all. Am I missing something here? The circle for the tube seems to be extremely smaller then my buffer tube.

You can see an image of the product on the link below:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25007/Product/MIDWEST_INDUSTRIES_AR_15_MCTAR_30HD_SLING_ADAPTER

Mac5.56
10-13-10, 17:51
Sorry, I forgot the 15. The gun is a Smith and Wesson MP15 Optics Ready model. It has a pinned stock onto a buffer tube that is longer then traditional carbine tube in order to keep me from re-pinning it.

ghostman1960
10-13-10, 18:38
MY Smith has a milspec tube so I don't know.

sevin8nin
10-13-10, 19:50
I'm gonna guess that along with the longer tube and the pinning that they also used a commercial diameter tube.

End of story; see if you can return the sling adapter