PDA

View Full Version : Group shoot near Salt Lake?

MarshallDodge
10-13-10, 19:21
Would you guys would be interested in doing a group shoot locally?

I have access to a 100 yard range that can host up to 10 shooters comfortably. The first shoot would be pretty basic and would cover things like sighting in, shooting from different positions, and just getting to know your carbine and gear.

chadbag
10-13-10, 19:38
Would you guys would be interested in doing a group shoot locally?

I have access to a 100 yard range that can host up to 10 shooters comfortably. The first shoot would be pretty basic and would cover things like sighting in, shooting from different positions, and just getting to know your carbine and gear.

Depending on when I could be game

500grains
10-13-10, 22:00
I never pass up an opportunity to have fun! Pls put me on the list of interested persons.

Rated21R
10-13-10, 22:28
I'm always down for some range time.

YVK
10-14-10, 01:00
Depending on location and date...

Zhurdan
10-14-10, 08:31
Sure. Saturdays are best.

"Say when..." Doc Holliday

96 SS
10-14-10, 11:17
Ditto.

Zhurdan
10-14-10, 11:28
I forgot to mention... I've got a couple pieces of pistol steel and 6 target stands if needed.

MarshallDodge
10-14-10, 17:52
I am thinking November 20 or 27. Let me know what works for you guys.

Zhurdan, I was thinking of just carbine stuff on this outing but you could bring the pistol steel if you want to play around with them.

Zhurdan
10-14-10, 17:56
It wouldn't be much to bring it along... just in case! :D

Where you thinking about having this shindig?

variablebinary
10-14-10, 17:57
I might be able to get in on this. Where?

YVK
10-14-10, 22:05
Out of town for thanksgiving. Have fun, be safe.

Preferred User
10-14-10, 22:38
If you do one another weekend, put me on the list.

chadbag
10-14-10, 23:54
I'll put in my preference once the wife gets her next work schedule. Current one only runs through the first week of Nov.

MarshallDodge
10-18-10, 11:26
I sent a PM to everybody with more details. Let me know if you did not receive one.

althor
10-18-10, 12:52
I would be interested. Please send me the details.

B52U
10-24-10, 15:32
WSA range, Kaysville, or Parley's Canyon?

chadbag
10-24-10, 17:39
Ok, wife came home with work schedule on Saturday.

I am good on Nov 27. Not good on Nov 20.

Whatever day works best for everyone is fine by me but the above is my preference.

MarshallDodge
10-24-10, 21:22
OK, based on some other people I have spoke with the 27th seems best. If anyone else has not heard from me or has any questions then send me your email via PM for more details.

MarshallDodge
11-14-10, 01:29
A couple people have emailed me asking if we are still on for the 27th and the answer is YES!

I will be sending out another email in the next couple days with the full details so let me know if you do not receive anything. While our get together is going on my wife will be hosting a ladies handgun event. If there are any gals that would like to shoot with her then let me know via PM.

belayoff
11-18-10, 11:55
please invite me. still not sure which end the bullet comes out. no really, my gun doesn't run good.

MarshallDodge
11-18-10, 12:46
please invite me. still not sure which end the bullet comes out. no really, my gun doesn't run good.

Check your private messages.

MarshallDodge
11-28-10, 12:52
Well I had a really good time. You just never know what might happen when you throw an open invitation out on the interwebs to a group of unknown people but as usual, gun guys are typically good guys, and M4c people are definitely good people. :)

I tried to keep this as informal as possible and leave it to the shooters to figure out how they wanted to run it and I think it worked out really well. My biggest concern was that we ran things safely and that everybody would gain something from the day. The safety part was excellent (good job guys) and I know I gained a few things from the drills and knowledge base. I want to set this up again but will probably wait for a good day in February to get past the cold months.

The weather turned out to be colder than expected but it wasn't raining or snowing so I had to be thankful for that. Thanks to all who braved it and ran the guns and drills in a safe manner even though traction was limited. A special thanks to Brian G and Zhurdan for helping out with drills, and Reed for taking some photos.

Here are a few snapshots of a good time:

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew3.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew4.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew5.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinew6.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~train2live/training/carbine1/carbinegroup1.jpg

B52U
11-28-10, 15:29
Looks like a good time was had. Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to the next scheduled event.

96 SS
11-28-10, 22:15
I missed it? Darn.

Zhurdan
11-29-10, 08:42
Fun day. It was a bit nippy out, but we kept moving around enough so that it wasn't unbearable. Speaks to me a bit about gear. Especially on the lower body. Need to get some better cold weather gear for my legs and feet.

Thanks again Kirk for putting this together. I thought some of the group had a few learning moments and that is always a good thing. I know I did.

Running the FAL, even in the relatively low round count that we did, woke me up a bit and let me know that my weekend outings with the FAL aren't really very realistic. Definitely needs some work there. Getting used to the TR24R is coming along nicely, but the recoil management of the .308 is going to take a while.

It was very nice to meet the folks I've never seen before and great to see Mark and Brent again. Looking forward to a carbine class this May!

Brimstone
01-10-11, 00:32
I would like to be on the mailing list for any future events. :D

MarshallDodge
01-10-11, 09:12
I would like to be on the mailing list for any future events. :D

Please PM me your email address.

Our next event should be in March.

DeputyMend
01-14-11, 18:07
Let me know for the shoot in March and I will be there.

YVK
01-14-11, 20:34
Gents, I don't want to pollute this thread too much, but just give all interested parties heads up on upcoming Pat Rogers classes (pistol and carbine) in April and May. I decided to mention it here rather than in "Training" as I am not affiliated with neither Pat nor people who are bringing him here. So, I didn't feel at liberty to make formal announcement. I also asked Michael D. to forward this info via email since I don't have everybody's emails. PM me for a contact info for class organizers.

Brimstone
01-14-11, 21:09
I would love to get in on the Pat Rogers course, but it doesn't look like the funds will allow it this year.

Brimstone
01-14-11, 21:11

MarshallDodge
02-22-11, 12:33
The next workshop/get together is on March 19th.

If you did not get my email and would like to join us then please send me a PM.

Zhurdan
02-24-11, 10:18
I'll be there. Should be another fun day of shooting.

B52U
06-05-11, 12:49
How did march go? Any plans on a summer event?

MarshallDodge
06-06-11, 18:30
March went well and we are having another one July 30th. If you have not been getting the emails then send me your email address via PM. I had to switch email programs a while back and may not have gotten all the addresses transferred.

B52U
06-06-11, 21:41
March went well and we are having another one July 30th. If you have not been getting the emails then send me your email address via PM. I had to switch email programs a while back and may not have gotten all the addresses transferred.

PM sent. Thank you.

BigHate
07-06-11, 01:52

Where will this be held?

B52U
07-06-11, 22:54
Where will this be held?

Send a PM over to MarshallDodge with your email address and he'll send you the official invite email with all the necessary info including pics of the last workshop.

B52U
07-30-11, 21:56
Just wanted to say thanks to MarshallDodge and crew for a great time at the carbine workshop today. It was well worth the time and ammo!

Zhurdan
08-01-11, 09:00
Sorry I couldn't make it this time guys. Twisted the holy living shit outta my ankle while getting stuff into the truck to head down there. Yay for stupid dog toys!!

B52U
09-30-11, 14:21
Just wanted to say thanks for the last shoot (Sept 17th). I thought it went really smooth. I only stayed until noon and had to take off, but I got a lot out of it and saved some ammo for next time.