PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat muzzle brake set screw removal?

statusman
10-13-10, 23:23
Has anyone removed a Wilson Combat muzzle brake? It has an allen key set screw on the underside that is a little big for a 1/16" key but too small for a 5/64" key. Any idea what size it is? My BattleComp is going to be here soon and I'd like to pull this one ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

wilsoncombatrep
10-16-10, 08:30
Statusman,
I just saw this question as I breezed through the General Discussion forum( I usually monitor the Wilson Combat subforum daily), and it being Saturday morning, I'll have to get an answer monday. Just curious, does your current comp look like this?.....
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/images/TR-MB.jpg

statusman
10-16-10, 08:48
My comp does look like that one. I've been talking with a tech rep at Wilson for a couple of days and it seems that it is 1/16" but mine was just stuck.

I ended up rounding out a bunch of allen keys and then the set screw itself so I had to drill it out. My drill bit broke but I think I had drilled enough of the set screw to loosen it up. Thankfully the barrel is harder than the set screw and it ended up coming off with little thread damage.

I was able to install the new comp without any problems.

Extremely happy with my UT-15.

Range shot from yesterday (50yds with Federal XM193)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/statusman/photo.jpg

Family pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/statusman/group_shot.jpg

Patrick

wilsoncombatrep
10-16-10, 08:58
Glad the guys in the shop could help, and glad you like your carbine:) In the future, if you need online help, stop by the WC industry forum, and I'll be able to help faster;)

Nice group...and thanks for being a customer!

OutlawDon
10-16-10, 10:46
My comp does look like that one.

How did you like the Wilson comp, and how did it compare to the Battlecomp for you?

statusman
10-16-10, 13:26
The Wilson Combat comp worked very well. The muzzle control is similar to the BC 1.5 that I have on there now (impression from just 1 range session). The BC is slightly better in this respect but not by much.

The only downside was more flash in the sight picture from the vertical slot on the top of the comp. I think it may have slightly more concussion but not sure there.

OutlawDon
10-16-10, 16:48
The Wilson Combat comp worked very well. The muzzle control is similar to the BC 1.5 that I have on there now (impression from just 1 range session). The BC is slightly better in this respect but not by much.

The only downside was more flash in the sight picture from the vertical slot on the top of the comp. I think it may have slightly more concussion but not sure there.

Thanks for the info....I'd figure that the Wilson comp was going to be somewhat similar to the BC in performance. Their design and size has some similarities in some respects. Are you selling the Wilson comp? :)

statusman
10-16-10, 19:10
I wasn't thinking about selling it since there is some damage due to the stuck set screw. PM me if you're still interested.