PDA

View Full Version : HK45 Trigger Question

Shade
10-14-10, 00:30
I was wondering how the light weight 4 pound LEM trigger system compares to the single action in the da/sa trigger system?

Edit: Specifically in the HK45 but I assume other models would also be similar.

VolGrad
10-14-10, 07:05
I was wondering how the light weight 4 pound LEM trigger system compares to the single action in the da/sa trigger system?

Edit: Specifically in the HK45 but I assume other models would also be similar.

Better ... but I still didn't like it.

I really wanted to like it too. I took a 1911 course with LAV this summer and after discussing the HK45 during breaks and such I really wanted one. I dry fired the DA/SA models a bunch as that was all I could find locally to try out. I hated it.

A buddy bought one anyway and them bought the light LEM kit and installed it. I shot it at the range afterward. It was better but still wasn't for me. Sucks too as I really wanted one.

CyberM4
10-14-10, 09:32
Better ... but I still didn't like it.

I really wanted to like it too. I took a 1911 course with LAV this summer and after discussing the HK45 during breaks and such I really wanted one. I dry fired the DA/SA models a bunch as that was all I could find locally to try out. I hated it.

A buddy bought one anyway and them bought the light LEM kit and installed it. I shot it at the range afterward. It was better but still wasn't for me. Sucks too as I really wanted one.

I had Bill Springfield work on the trigger on my HK45. Great job. Mines not LEM

kyrin88
10-14-10, 09:37
I am also seeking a better trigger in my usp .45, but does doing trigger work void the manufacturers warranty?

SWATcop556
10-14-10, 10:35
Most weapons, yes.

I am also seeking a better trigger in my usp .45, but does doing trigger work void the manufacturers warranty?

PD Sgt.
10-14-10, 11:16
The LEM trigger will be different from the SA pull in that the LEM will still have the full length of travel initially, although this is very light. It will then break at the heavier weight.

Once the shot breaks, assuming you follow through (or ride reset), the trigger will be similar to the regular trigger system reset. I can't remember for certain if it is substantially lighter/shorter, it has been a while since I installed the LEM.

The way I usually describe the LEM is that it is similar to a two stage trigger. Light, long initial take up, with a slightly heavier break. Personally, I really like mine and have installed it in all my HK pistols.