PDA

View Full Version : bolt action rimfires

Robb Jensen
07-21-07, 07:19
Anyone like .17HMRs?

I have a CZ 452 Varmint but I've only put about 300 rounds through it. It shoots REALLY flat out to 100yds. And don't shoot it on .22 steel. I did on a buddies, it dimpled it pretty bad just from shear velocity. I used the spring kit available here http://cz452.com/springkit.html to get the trigger down to a very nice and crisp 1.5lbs. I'm running a Leupold Rifleman 4-12x 50mm scope on it in Burris rings and a Harris bipod.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/769df75e.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/470efc1d.jpg

Alpha Sierra
07-21-07, 10:47
No experience with the 17 HMR or some of the newer 17 cal rimfires, but I do have about six years running a basic CZ 452 Standard (Lux with beech stock).

It's accuracy is amazing. I've left my trigger stock but adjusted its pull down to about 2.5 lbs.

9DivDoc
07-22-07, 23:17
I run a Ruger 17/HM2 with a GM fluted 16" SS sporter in the factory walnut and a 4X Leupy
for various varmints around 'the yard'...run Ely & Remington (same company)
happy with the dead varmints (grackles) it takes care of (shoot this inside 35 yards)

I also run a 10/22 mag had the receiver 'Metacol'd added a Magnum Research CF barrel in a Hogue stock with a leupy 6X42 on top for larger vermin..on possum
coons skunks groundhogs it works well (only shot inside 100 yds with it)

Wouldn't want to give up either one...both fun to shoot

rhino
07-22-07, 23:24
I have a CZ 452 "Scout" in .22LR with a Pentax 1.5-5X scope. It's incredibly accurate, especially with Wolf Target. You'd be hard pressed to find a .22LR any more accurate for less than five times what this thing cost me ($199 a few years ago).

I've learned a lot about rifle marksmanship with it, especially about trigger control and follow-through while shooting offhand. Those are a lot easier when shooting from a support position, but not so much when you're shooting offhand. It's a good way to experience for yourself that trigger control and follow-through are more important than a perfect sight picture or being able to hold rock steady.

And they're cheap to feed. Firing 200 rounds of .22LR through a bolt gun is a LOT of shooting for an afternoon, especially if you're making each and every shot count.

Alpha Sierra
07-24-07, 04:57
+1 on Wolf Match Target and Wolf Match Extra. They are the made by SK Jagd in Germany. SK is Lapua's German subsidiary.

My Anschutz prone rifle loves Match Extra.

TOrrock
07-24-07, 09:21
I've been wanting to pick up a CZ 452 in .22lr for a while now, but other stuff keeps coming up....

Nice set up man!

R Moran
07-24-07, 10:55
I've got a Remington 541 T-HB with a VXII 6-18x in Burris posi rings.

Has abolt like a Remington 788, witht he lugs in the rear.

I really need to get it out and shoot it more.

Bob

rhino
07-24-07, 12:40
I know it's fun to shoot self-loading rimfires, but to me the bolt action really connects me to the act of shooting more so than using a self-load. I suppose it's related to the pace of the shooting where you're shooting just one shot at a time instead of knowing you're going to be doing many more with just a press of the trigger.

I can work the bolt pretty fast, but the actual shooting is far more deliberate for me when I use my CZ 452 Scout. Perhaps that's why 200 rounds feels like a lot of shooting to me, because I spend so much mental effort on each shot. I realize I could do exactly the same thing with a self-loader, but it just wouldn't feel the same to me.

Gunfixr
07-24-07, 12:41
Got a Remington 513-T with Williams match sights on it that's a dream to shoot. Incredibly accurate.

Alpha Sierra
07-24-07, 18:24
I know it's fun to shoot self-loading rimfires, but to me the bolt action really connects me to the act of shooting more so than using a self-load. I suppose it's related to the pace of the shooting where you're shooting just one shot at a time instead of knowing you're going to be doing many more with just a press of the trigger.

I can work the bolt pretty fast, but the actual shooting is far more deliberate for me when I use my CZ 452 Scout. Perhaps that's why 200 rounds feels like a lot of shooting to me, because I spend so much mental effort on each shot. I realize I could do exactly the same thing with a self-loader, but it just wouldn't feel the same to me.

Precisely why I enjoy competitive smallbore prone shooting. It is very mentally demanding.

Gunfixr
07-25-07, 01:50
I use the Remington for Smallbore 3P. I'm usually pretty tired after that, also.

rhino
07-25-07, 15:40
Precisely why I enjoy competitive smallbore prone shooting. It is very mentally demanding.

I probably should look into trying that. All of the games I do have a lot of running and other movement. I'm much better suited to laying on the ground. :D

Trumpet
07-25-07, 20:27
No experience with the 17 but I have a 452 varmint in 22lr. I can't say enough good about it.

This gun is made the way American factory guns used to be made. Quality parts, adjustable trigger (gasp!....think of the children! get the lawyers!!!), nice walnut stock, nice bluing,....and ACCURATE.

I love mine.

MX5
07-25-07, 20:43
Savage Mark I, .22 LR single shot bolt action with Accu-Trigger, Bushnell 4X, Harris bipod, Gemtech Outback II & Remington Subsonics.

Alpha Sierra
07-25-07, 22:06
Speaking of Wolf Match Extra, if I can do this with an Anschutz prone with a sling and irons, then the ammo is damned good.

http://shutter08.pictures.aol.com/data/pictures/10/005/6E/FB/EC/03/iQNoq6OfSM1pFJClWi7TWcajXn6wHrQi0300.jpg

Sam
07-29-07, 08:38
I was at the rifle range yesterday shooting my AR and another club member was shooting an old Remington bolt .22LR with a Weaver 4-16X scope using Eley Tenex ammo. We chatted about our rifles and he let me fire his .22. He told me to pick out a small rock at the 200 yds line (yep, 200 yards measure) and shoot at it. My first shot was yanked off because I wasn't used to the light trigger. I was just shooting my AR with at least a 6lb pull, his trigger was probably 1.5lb or less. My second and and the next few chipped away at the poor little rock. I was amazed at the accuracy of that set up.

I caught the bug. I'm in search of my next rifle and scope.

QuietShootr
08-08-07, 17:17
I have a Ruger 77/22 stainless w/synthetic stock that was cut to 16.1", beadblasted, and 1.5# trigger installed by AWC..with an AWC Archangel III can. It makes little bug holes at 50 yards with RWS Subsonic.

armakraut
08-10-07, 23:40
I have a Tula TOZ-78-1. It's just about the best deal out there if you just want a minimalist .22 bolt action plinker.

The CZ's would be a higher grade and most likely more accurate. Really nice IMHO, but more expensive. Czech firearm designers don't mess around, they build a mean brick shithouse.

For what I wanted out of a .22 plinker, the TOZ fit the bill.

techieugy
08-16-07, 20:38
I had a Marlin 17HMR for about 5 years or so... It my go to rifle for squirrels and other small vermin. Out to 150 yards its deadly for anything I shoot. I've worked the trigger to 2.5lbs 3/8" groups are too easy off the bench :-)

Charles

ccoker
09-19-07, 15:30
I had a CZ Varmit model in 17HMR a few years ago
great gun, just wasn't using it to it's potential and sold it and bought a 452 american 22lr and it's setup with a Weaver 3-9 rimfire classic
I too did the trigger spring setup and made sure the barrel is freefloated
it's a fantastic shooter, I use PMC moderator subsonics in it

I bought my son a scout when he was 7 with the single shot adapter in it for the first year, then got him a 2-7 Weaver Rimfire classic scope and the 10 shot mag

I bought one for my dad as well for the pesky little varmits out back that tears up mom's flowergardens :)

great guns

Hootiewho
09-19-07, 17:44
You cannot beat the CZ rifles for bang for the buck. I bought an 452 American and had Patriot Arms cut the barrel back to 16.25" and it now sports my Prodigy suppressor. The thing is one ragged hole accurate and crazy quiet, even thought that can isn't the quietest .22lr can on a pistol, it works great on the rifle. I was at the range this past Saturday, rolling tin cans one shot after the other at 150 yards, and it was no louder than a pellet gun.

***A note of caution, the CZ bores seem to run real tight. This can be a problem if you try to shoot anything like the Aguila Colibris & Super Colibris through them, for I have not been able to get either one to make it out of the bore. The Supers make it about 12" and the regular Colibris make it about 8". So if you shoot these bullets, you might make sure that they didn't hang up. All the one's I have tried, I have had to hammer out with a cleaning rod.

akuser74
10-04-07, 22:44
I have a savage 17HMR and I can take black birds out at over 150yards away s I love it.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/akuser47/savage.jpg

AngeredKabar
02-22-11, 21:23
Just the thread i was looking for.

I'm going to have to snatch up a CZ 452 Lux before only used ones are left on the market.

longball
02-24-11, 00:24
I had a Marlin 17HMR for about 5 years or so... It my go to rifle for squirrels and other small vermin. Out to 150 yards its deadly for anything I shoot. I've worked the trigger to 2.5lbs 3/8" groups are too easy off the bench :-)

Charles

+1 for the Marlin 17HMR. I've had a 917VR for 3 years now have lost track of how many rounds I have shot through it. Dead nuts accurate to 150yds as long as the wind isn't blowing. They are hell on small varmints and almost like cheating if you use one squirrel hunting. :D

longball
02-24-11, 09:42
I have a savage 17HMR and I can take black birds out at over 150yards away s I love it.
Those Savages are great little shooters. My dad has one in 22mag and it is a tack driver!

maximus83
02-24-11, 16:21
My Dad has had both CZ and Savage 17 HMRs, and while the CZ had the nicer single-set trigger, they were both highly (and equally) accurate. I also had a CZ American 17 HMR, extremely accurate.

Recently my Dad picked up one of the new Browning T-bolt rifles in .22lr. These things are incredibly accurate, and from trying his, as well as observing the discussions about the T-bolt at Rimfirecentral.com, these are now a a strong contender for rimfires in the "under $600" category. If I were looking for a rimfire bolt action in 17 hmr, I'd seriously look at the T-bolt offering.

rojocorsa
02-24-11, 19:57
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8310/cz001.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7638/cz003.jpg

This is my standard beech stocked CZ-452 Trainer. I bought it for general purpose marksmanship practice, and it is what I mainly shoot these days. It's in the classic .22 LR, of course.

So far, I've run two brands of bulk ammo through it. Winchester 36gr Super X copper plated HP HV, and CCI Blazer, 40gr LRN.

I seem to have better results with the CCI stuff, at least the last time I shot it.

I also have 475ish rounds of RWS R-50, but I haven't had a chance to really see what my rifle can do with these, as I spent most of my time shooting the bulk stuff.

I bought this rifle, because I am for all intents and purposes a "semi" noob to rifle shooting, and I've not had the CZ for even a full three months. It seems that every time I go shoot it, I learn something new about it; my shooting improves with every trip too.

Best targets so far:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5296/cztargetsfeb004.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4371/cztargetsfeb002.jpg

I mainly shoot @ 50yds, supported prone. I would like to try 100, but I'll confess that I am confused about POI and that meter graduated rear sight. (I was surprised to learn that even with the sight all the way down to 25m, I still have to 6o'clock hold to hit where I am aiming when shooting at 50yds).

J-Dub
02-24-11, 20:33
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8310/cz001.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7638/cz003.jpg

This is my standard beech stocked CZ-452 Trainer. I bought it for general purpose marksmanship practice, and it is what I mainly shoot these days. It's in the classic .22 LR, of course.

So far, I've run two brands of bulk ammo through it. Winchester 36gr Super X copper plated HP HV, and CCI Blazer, 40gr LRN.

I seem to have better results with the CCI stuff, at least the last time I shot it.

I also have 475ish rounds of RWS R-50, but I haven't had a chance to really see what my rifle can do with these, as I spent most of my time shooting the bulk stuff.

I bought this rifle, because I am for all intents and purposes a "semi" noob to rifle shooting, and I've not had the CZ for even a full three months. It seems that every time I go shoot it, I learn something new about it; my shooting improves with every trip too.

Best targets so far:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5296/cztargetsfeb004.jpg

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4371/cztargetsfeb002.jpg

I mainly shoot @ 50yds, supported prone. I would like to try 100, but I'll confess that I am confused about POI and that meter graduated rear sight. (I was surprised to learn that even with the sight all the way down to 25m, I still have to 6o'clock hold to hit where I am aiming when shooting at 50yds).

Try some Wolf MT

ArmedPete
03-09-11, 13:12
I have a Weatherby Mark XXII with a leupold vxi 2-7 on it that is very accurate and also a very beautiful rifle.

Artos
03-09-11, 15:25
Anschutz 54 sporter (cut and threaded)

Remington 40-X Sporter 'repeater' (rare gun/ safe queen)

AMT Challenge Edition (cut and threaded)

Anschutz 1700 FWT Deluxe

Yes, I am a 22 snob and like the bullets to bughole at 50yds. I shoot mostly Eley Tenex & Biathlon EPS. For those who use their rifles suppressed for backyard varmint control, look at the Winchester CB-Match Long. It's only 29 grains and very accurate at the shorter distances and SUPER quiet. I have not tried it in the AMT and not sure if it has enough umphh to cycle the 10/22 type actions. Item # X22LRCBMA.

hickuleas
03-09-11, 15:41
I have grown to love this little cartidge for small game. Out to about 150 yds the 17 hmr has worked great. I have four different rifles in 17 HMR and my favorite is the Savage 93 Bull barrel with accutrigger.

kartoffel
03-09-11, 18:55
I've got a CZ-452 in .22LR that shoots really well. Half the fun for me is the cheap(er) ammo, so 17HMR would sort of defeat the purpose. I've got a 20 MOA scope mount and enough windage in my scope to shoot out to 200 yards or so, and with subsonic ammo it's actually quite doable. Great practice reading wind and doping big bullet drops.

bigghoss
03-09-11, 21:14
I just ordered a savage MKII TR. should come in any day now.

snappy
03-09-11, 21:51
My Marlin 782 .22mag was the first new gun I ever got (1981). With a cheap 4x BSA scope it'll shoot really tight little groups well out past 100yds. I like the 22mag cartridge a lot. Isn't very cheap to shoot though. Don't think this gun even has 1k rounds through it in all those years, (the 10/22 had over 1k in the first week I owned it).

Have often thought about selling the Marlin to get a CZ in 22lr but can never seem to pass this one along. Damn nice for the $$ if you ask me. Here is my Dad shooting it last week at Ben Avery, first time they saw each other in better than a decade!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/snappydad/dd2.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/snappydad/dd1.jpg

long-shot
03-10-11, 10:02
I was looking for something that would give me some good feedback for my longer range .308's. I started with a CZ, then moved to a Sako Quad, and finally got discouraged and just bought an Anschutz 64 MPR.

I'm happy with the Annie, and it shoots as well as anything I have at 50. I get out to 300 yards with it.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w74/long-shot_photos/DSCN1553.jpg

This was shot at 50 when I was freezing my ass off so the flyers were my fault and not the gun. It was Wolf Match.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w74/long-shot_photos/50yardtarget.jpg

bigghoss
03-10-11, 23:12
crappy cell phone pic of my savage MKII TR I just picked up today. temporary setup with a leupold 2-7x and some throw-away rings. I'm going to do a custom build of a 10/22 clone and then I'll get a tactical scope with mil-dot reticle and a 20moa base and a good bipod.

I'm thinking of getting the identical model 93 TR in .17HMR

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196979_10150158299960219_673145218_8693840_5427000_n.jpg

JStor
03-11-11, 12:08
+1 on the Anschutz 64 MPR. Mine drills tiny groups at 50 with that Wolf Match Extra and Wolf Target. Surprisingly, it loves the CCI Velocitor high speed ammo, too, so when time permits, I'm going to try that at longer ranges.

At 150 yards, I was running out of elevation with my Leupold 6-18, until I installed a Rimfire Tech angled base. Now I can dial it up as needed, but the wind sure is a killer beyond 100 yards.

long-shot
03-11-11, 12:17
+1 on the Anschutz 64 MPR. Mine drills tiny groups at 50 with that Wolf Match Extra and Wolf Target. Surprisingly, it loves the CCI Velocitor high speed ammo, too, so when time permits, I'm going to try that at longer ranges.

At 150 yards, I was running out of elevation with my Leupold 6-18, until I installed a Rimfire Tech angled base. Now I can dial it up as needed, but the wind sure is a killer beyond 100 yards.

I agree completely. My gun is probably a .3" gun at 50 when I'm not shivering and I find it funny I need more elevation to get my .22lr to 300 than my .308 to 1100 yards!

DrMark
03-11-11, 15:02
Anschutz 54 sporter (cut and threaded)

Remington 40-X Sporter 'repeater' (rare gun/ safe queen)

AMT Challenge Edition (cut and threaded)

Anschutz 1700 FWT Deluxe

Sounds like you owe us some pictures!

:)

HeavyDuty
03-17-11, 08:18
crappy cell phone pic of my savage MKII TR I just picked up today. temporary setup with a leupold 2-7x and some throw-away rings. I'm going to do a custom build of a 10/22 clone and then I'll get a tactical scope with mil-dot reticle and a 20moa base and a good bipod.

I'm thinking of getting the identical model 93 TR in .17HMR

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/196979_10150158299960219_673145218_8693840_5427000_n.jpg

Please report back after you get some trigger time! I'm giving serious thought to picking up a MKII TR myself - my 10/22 is starting to bore me.

orkan
03-17-11, 15:15
http://www.primalrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2446

I'm shooting my 40x in this competition. There is a couple days left to get signed up if any of you guys want to get in on it. :)

bigghoss
03-17-11, 15:16
Please report back after you get some trigger time! I'm giving serious thought to picking up a MKII TR myself - my 10/22 is starting to bore me.

well I didn't get to shoot it on paper yet since there's not any actual range near me. I got to shoot it into a hillside at about 70 yards at shards of clay pigeons and various bits of trash. I bore sighted it at home and the sandy hill made getting on target easy. at 70 yards I can't tell the difference no matter what ammo I shoot. but like I said I was popping clay shards instead of shooting for groups on paper. there was no wind and I was using a shooting bag over the hood of my blazer and as long as I got the hold over/under right it would hit anything I aimed it at. the trigger is very nice. the bolt was tight as first but after an afternoon of cycling if smoothed out and the oversized handle in very sweet.

my dad had a membership to a groomed legit gun range with marked distances and concrete benches but it's an hour drive. I'll be taking some vacation time to go over for a visit and get some groups on paper.

the guys on the savage board at rimfirecentral.com say out of the box the things shoot small groups and as it breaks in they shrink even more. I'm very pleased with it so far.

Artos
03-17-11, 20:56
Sounds like you owe us some pictures!

:)

Really sorry...just lazy & mostly a computer dork. I pull the pics off my pc instead of using the websites like photobucket to correctly display them.

I even briefly glanced at an m4 stickey on how to do pics correctly but looked like work:rolleyes: It's my bad.

My other pics are too big and i'm too stupid to resize them. Give me some time to get the pics done and get in the groove. I found one of the AMT groups that took but need to do the others right.

I really dig 22's...these are all 50yds with lapua and eley.

J_Dub_503
03-18-11, 16:42
I just got a savage .17 Model 93, It's pretty nice for $80 NIB. :haha:
Came with a Bushnell 3-9x32 and a Redi-Mag Packer Strap. The sling has been pretty good so far.

HeavyDuty
03-18-11, 22:43
I just ordered a MkII TR from Bud's today, now to pick some reasonable glass for it...

Suwannee Tim
03-20-11, 11:52
My last bolt action 22 was a Ruger 77-22 and it was the gun that finally broke me of Rugers. 8 inches at 50 yards, sent it back, still 8 inches at 50 yards, the unpleasant woman I talked to told me "it meets Ruger accuracy specifications." O.K. Sold it at a large loss. The Sako Quad is on my to get list, I might have bought one this month but a Mauser Model 66 in 375 H&H followed me home. I will for certain scope it with a Leupold 6.5-20X40 EFR (http://leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/air-rifle-scopes/vx-3-6-5-20x40mm-efr-target/), a scope I regard as nearly perfect for airguns and 22s.

HeavyDuty
03-26-11, 08:48
I love it - my glass ended up costing as much as the rifle.

My new Savage MkII TR came in last week and I just ordered a SWFA 10x42 SS and rings.

Spend money to save money, I guess!

NUTT
03-26-11, 10:17
I just picked this on up....

CZ 452 Varmint
DIP 25 MOA Base
Eagle stock pack
Knock-off bipod, will probably upgrade to a Harris
SWFA SS 3-9 is on the way

I'm also going to make it quiet.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_o0Qn219csso/TYv3KN_wHAI/AAAAAAAAFmM/MwtGvLva2PQ/photo.JPG

J-Dub
03-28-11, 20:08
I'm looking for another bolt action rimfire. I've thought about a 77/22, but if i'm going to pay that much i might aswell get a Sako Quad.

Heavy, let us know how that Savage TR works out for you.

rojocorsa
04-12-11, 00:51
Fellow M4C members who shoot CZs:

Would anyone know what size the allen screw to move the CZ 452 front sight is? I need to zero the darn thing, but I have to buy an allen wrench first and I need to know which size.

Thank you.

EDIT: Nevermind. I answered my own question. The hex screw for the front sight is 1.5mm dia.

cheaptrick
04-12-11, 19:27
452 Trainer in .22LR with a Weaver 2-7x and Warne rings. Great set up!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/cheaptrick_photos/Picture001.jpg

Jake'sDad
04-13-11, 02:33
In the 80's you could still buy lots of wonderful .22 bolts at gun shows for 50-75 bucks a piece. Winchesters, Marlins, Remingtons, all steel and Walnut. I ended up with about 20 of them. Just couldn't pass them up.

TWR
04-16-11, 16:31
I figured I needed at least one good 22 so I picked up a Kimber 22, they don't make em anymore but they seem to pop up now and then.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/TOM64/guns022.jpg
It shoots pretty good with regular old CCi Mini mags
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/TOM64/kimber22007.jpg
Even better with match ammo. It's the best practice one can get for such little money. Absolutely love it.

supernoma
05-08-11, 14:10
452 Trainer in .22LR with a Weaver 2-7x and Warne rings. Great set up!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/cheaptrick_photos/Picture001.jpg

Is the stock symmetrical on the CZ 452 Trainer rifles? I'm wondering how it would feel for left-handed shooters.

rojocorsa
05-10-11, 01:40
Is the stock symmetrical on the CZ 452 Trainer rifles? I'm wondering how it would feel for left-handed shooters.

It's not in the strictest sense of the word, but it doesn't matter at all in the real world. I am a left handed owner and shooter of the 452, and there are no complaints from my part.

There is only one insignificant thing that makes it assymetrical. Some of the wood on the stock on the right side is carved out to allow room for the palm of your right hand. There is no such "inletting" on the left side, but I can tell you with confidence that it's a 100% non-issue. The only real draw back with this gun as a left is that the bolt is on the wrong place. (And I'm sure you know how to deal with that). Other than that it is good to go.

You can see the part of the stock I'm talking about in the picture of that Trainer. It's the shadowed part at the junction of the stock and right aft of the grip.

BamaM4
05-14-11, 22:16
I have been eyeballin .22 bolts for a couple of years....finally put one on hold. The CZ 455 Lux........ran a search of the forum, has nobody experienced this gun yet?

The claim is that it is an improvement over the the 452, can they fix something (that all I have read says) isn't broke?

VR6
05-14-11, 23:07
I've got:

CZ 452 Lux
Izmash Biathlon Sporter which is really accurate
BRNO ZOM451
Wz 48

I've found the Winchester 40 gr subsonic hollowpoint to be very accurate as well as the Wolf Match ammo.

I've been meaning to tinker with the CZ trigger and smooth the bolt up but just haven't had the time.:rolleyes:

Dave

Njbudman81
05-17-11, 11:29
I'm a big fan of my .17hmr

My set up is
Savage bolt action with accutrigger
Bushnell 3-9x40
Bipod

That gun is scary accurate. I have my 9 year old hitting shotgun shells at 100 yards.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/njbudman81/aade0023.jpg

Dist. Expert 26
05-17-11, 17:07
Just a little different than the rest here ;)

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/Alexmx126/Matchgun.jpg

Feinwerkbau Model 2700 Super Match

40Arpent
05-18-11, 19:09
I'm just a plinker....here's a list of my rimfire bolt actions:

22LR:
CZ 452 Lux
CZ 452 American
Winchester 72A
Remington Sportmaster 341

22WMR:
CZ 452 Lux
Ruger 77/22
Marlin 983SS

.17HMR:
CZ 452 American Varmint

Warg
05-18-11, 21:49
Just finished putting together and Duracoating a CZ 452 Varmint. This is a trainer for the Remy 700 in the background that is still waiting for its scope.

I know, I need to mow the lawn.:)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/Dr_Wolfenstein/Remington%20700/Rermy700andCZ452.jpg

rojocorsa
05-20-11, 19:24
Just finished putting together and Duracoating a CZ 452 Varmint. This is a trainer for the Remy 700 in the background that is still waiting for its scope.

I know, I need to mow the lawn.:)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn176/Dr_Wolfenstein/Remington%20700/Rermy700andCZ452.jpg

Not that I have any money, but I am glad to see that I was not the only one with the idea for buying a 452 Varmint and using it as a trainer. Good job on that duracoating. I bet that 452 is also tons of fun!

Warg
05-21-11, 01:24
Not that I have any money, but I am glad to see that I was not the only one with the idea for buying a 452 Varmint and using it as a trainer. Good job on that duracoating. I bet that 452 is also tons of fun!

Thanks. I shot it a bit with the CZ stock and it was damned impressive using Wolf subsonic. Taking it to the range this weekend to see how the Boyd's stock works.

40Arpent
05-23-11, 08:43
gfelber, which scope rings did you use on the CZ?

Warg
05-23-11, 09:02
gfelber, which scope rings did you use on the CZ?

I think they're the Leupold PRW (http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/mounting-systems-and-accessories/mounting-systems/prw-rings/)rings. I can verify that and the height when I return from business travel.

The scope is a Mueller 4.5-14x50 Tactical with mildot reticle and the mount is DIP 25 MOA.

40Arpent
05-23-11, 13:16
Thanks, much appreciated.

40Arpent
05-23-11, 22:06
Add a CZ455 American in .22WMR to the list, just ordered one from Bud's. I'm really digging the CZ's!

I'm just a plinker....here's a list of my rimfire bolt actions:

22LR:
CZ 452 Lux
CZ 452 American
Winchester 72A
Remington Sportmaster 341

22WMR:
CZ 452 Lux
Ruger 77/22
Marlin 983SS

.17HMR:
CZ 452 American Varmint