PDA

View Full Version : 10-8/EAG from Salute

blake6551
07-21-07, 14:30
I am currently looking to purchase some steel targets for training. I am leaning towards the 10-8/EAG from Salute but had some concerns about the height. The DOD base combined with the target seem short. Am I missing something? Also, how do they compare to the Action Target Torsos as those are the ones I am most familiar with?

Blake

Hawkeye
07-21-07, 16:14
I love mine. I plan on getting quite a few more as funds allow.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=3658

FJB
07-21-07, 17:18
Blake,
The DoD MilSpec Target base can be ordered for two different vertical upright heights. The standard upright places the target at 49" tall and the tall upright places the target at 60". The standard height is fine for almost all training purposes as when you get back past 15 yards the height of the target becomes a non-issue. However, if you prefer a taller target tall upright provides that for you.

S/F

blake6551
07-21-07, 21:24
Thanks for the help guys.

Blake

rob_s
07-22-07, 06:49
I think I'm going to try to take up a collection at my rifle matches to get a couple of the spring-loaded 8" plates for long-range use. :D

FJB
07-22-07, 11:33
Rob,
Order the "Tall" 8" Round Plates. They look like PingPong paddles. They will work best for what you want to do. You can use them on the Small Reactive Base or on the Plate Rack.

S/F

rob_s
07-22-07, 11:42
Rob,
Order the "Tall" 8" Round Plates. They look like PingPong paddles. They will work best for what you want to do. You can use them on the Small Reactive Base or on the Plate Rack.

S/F

That was my thinking as well. It should help to get them up out of the grass a bit.

I'm going to put out a collection box at the next couple of matches and see what we can do about raising up the $330+/- for two, shipped, with two bases.

I already have a ton of ideas for stages using these things. We've been doing alot of "sniper/spotter" type stages and trying to work in more team stuff.:D