PDA

View Full Version : those that are watching UFC:

sadmin
10-16-10, 21:36
is there a surge in gun related advertising? I saw ammotogo.com on a London fighters shorts and now The Gun Store on Akiyama... I guess we know what side of the political fence the target market is. :D

Jer
10-17-10, 02:26
There was the lever action rifles too. It's late and I'm tired so I forgot the name so it must not have been too effective. lol

Rider79
10-17-10, 05:17
The Gun Store Las Vegas had an ad on a fighter's shorts? :rolleyes:

Makes sense if it was a fight in London because they make their money marketing machinegun rentals to foreign tourists, especially the English. Makes up for the income lost on the sales side from their salespeople being know-it-all assholes.

At SHOT last year quite a few exhibitors had UFC/MMA fighters at their booths, including Shrubmaster.

ForTehNguyen
10-17-10, 09:05
Brock Lesnar is big into hunting also. Lot of UFC guys are into firearms

Rider79
10-17-10, 10:21

Oh yeah, forgot that one. He was signing autographs at the Federal booth. Nowhere near as nice as R. Lee Ermey at the Glock booth.

dookie1481
10-17-10, 10:46
The Gun Store has sponsored quite a few fighters.

Rider79
10-17-10, 11:22
The Gun Store has sponsored quite a few fighters.

Didn't know that. Haven't been in there in a long time because of the above mentioned reason, and I don't watch the UFC.

Jer
10-17-10, 16:49

Yeah, Brock's current avatar pic on his Facebook page is him looking down an inexpensive hunting rifle of some sort. Josh Koscheck is actually a member here who posts on occasion. Perhaps he'll post in this thread since we're in his neck of the woods now.

dookie1481
10-17-10, 21:13
Didn't know that. Haven't been in there in a long time because of the above mentioned reason, and I don't watch the UFC.

Oh they ****in suck, don't get me wrong. I won't ever go in there again. I just noticed they sponsor quite a few guys. I also noticed
Matt Hughes is sponsored by Browning and Hornady among others.

Jay

rob_s
10-18-10, 05:00
IIRC Hughes and Griffin have both done promo for AAC at one time or another. I also saw a sponsor banner behind one of the fighters (Manny Gamurian, I think) with a CMMG logo behind them.

ForTehNguyen
10-18-10, 08:52
over the many UFC events I watched, I've seen DPMS, Bushmaster, The Gun Store, Federal Cartridge, and a couple other sponsors

Rider79
10-18-10, 09:22
About 6 years ago, before all these other companies came in, I remember Hughes being sponsored by Benchmade.

As for the Gun Store sponsoring some of these guys, apparently its not that expensive to be a basic sponsor. Some lower level fighters have told me that a company will pay 500-1000$ to get their logo on his shorts or the T-shirt for one fight. For the Gun Store at least, that's smart advertising.

JChops
10-18-10, 23:48
Obscure, somewhat useless MMA/Firearms factoid:

Hans Vang of Vang Comp—the tactical shotgun modifier—is Chuck Liddell's uncle, or grandfather, or something like that.

I was in correspondence with him last year and somehow it came up that Chuck was at Thanksgiving dinner with Hans.

Chuck apparently loves the shotguns, BTW.