PDA

View Full Version : I may take some heat, but i gotta say this about Glocks...

Siller.45
10-17-10, 14:53
I like Glocks, i love what they offer for the price tag, its a great quality firearm that the company dosent overate like H&K does, its simple, rugged, light, RELIABLE, accurate and easy to use, plus they all have great magazine capacity and the magazines are cheap and easy to find, even here in Mexico. Plus, in real life, most SWAT teams all over the world use the G17, also a lot of special forces use them, and im including the Israeli specops here, which are something to talk about, and they seem to prefer it over sigs, jerichos, hks, etc...
I know its an ugly, UGLY gun, i've always said that the first and second gen ones look like tasers, and ofcourse they dont make you feel proud when you pull it out to your friends like a well worn 1911 does, but they WORK, and once you've mastered that trigger they are as fast if not faster than any other handgun, and, if something breaks the user can fix it with no gunsmith required.
So, all in all, Glocks are not my favorite handguns, 1911's are, BUT, after reading all this, who will dare to argue me that Glocks are not the BEST handguns on the planet?

BAC
10-17-10, 14:59
Are you looking for an argument? :confused:

I'm pretty sure most SWAT teams in my area don't use Glock 17s. If they use Glocks, they use 22s. My county SWAT guys like 1911s.

-B

skyugo
10-17-10, 15:01
hk p7, pretty and it shoots good. :o

Business_Casual
10-17-10, 15:05
Where's that picture of a lock?

B_C

LOKNLOD
10-17-10, 15:08
In all seriousness, Glocks are great guns, but this thread is silly, non-productive, and exactly the kind of nonsense we're trying to avoid around these parts. It promotes no transfer of new or useful information, and it isn't going to bring out any useful discussion either.