PDA

View Full Version : What lower/upper?

Sako75
07-22-07, 13:57
Hey

After I have decide to give up the DPMS, I would like to build one myself.
To start with, what lower and upper should I go after, who made the ultimate?
I would like to find a 100 % milled and nok a forged.

Robb Jensen
07-22-07, 14:23
Do you mean billet and not forged?

If so I'd go with a VLTOR MUR upper and a Sun Devil lower.

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 15:23
Do you mean billet and not forged?

If so I'd go with a VLTOR MUR upper and a Sun Devil lower.

I agree. The MUR or LT Stealth and SD lower is a fantastic package.

We have all of these items in stock so drop me a line if interested.

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 15:47
What about POF' lower?, I like the design as well as SD

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 16:04
What about POF' lower?, I like the design as well as SD

POF's are nice as well and stock them. The SD lowers represent a better value though.

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 16:26
POF's are nice as well and stock them. The SD lowers represent a better value though.

C4

Do you have any problems with export to Denmark?

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 16:36
Do you have any problems with export to Denmark?

LOL, I don't but the US Govt does. :D

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 16:40
LOL, I don't but the US Govt does. :D

C4

What is the problem?

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 16:47
What is the problem?

A little law put out by the US State Dept. called ITAR.

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 17:01
A little law put out by the US State Dept. called ITAR.

C4

Hmm, so it is not possible to export a gun/parts to Denmark, or does it just have to be exportet to at gundealer/store in Denmark?

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 17:03
Hmm, so it is not possible to export a gun/parts to Denmark, or does it just have to be exportet to at gundealer/store in Denmark?

I don't think you will find a single FFL that will be willing to ship you an upper, lower or just about anything related to AR platform. If you do find someone willing to do it, they are either unaware of the law or just don't care (which is a really bad idea as the fines are hefty).

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 17:07
I don't think you will find a single FFL that will be willing to ship you an upper, lower or just about anything related to AR platform. If you do find someone willing to do it, they are either unaware of the law or just don't care (which is a really bad idea as the fines are hefty).

C4

Do you have a link to that law?

C4IGrant
07-22-07, 17:10
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/itar_index.htm

I have actually known a couple dealers that got busted for violating this law.

C4

Sako75
07-22-07, 17:20
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/itar_index.htm

I have actually known a couple dealers that got busted for violating this law.

C4

I have no plans how ever to voilate any law at all.
Now I would go to bed, it is night here in Denmark....

AR15barrels
07-23-07, 00:36
There are people with the necessary export licenses to do this legitimately.
They typically charge 20% of the value of the goods to handle the shipment under their export license.

When I do international sales, this is how I do it.

Sako75
07-23-07, 04:22
There are people with the necessary export licenses to do this legitimately.
They typically charge 20% of the value of the goods to handle the shipment under their export license.

When I do international sales, this is how I do it.

Ok, who have the necessary licenses to do that?

TY44934
07-23-07, 12:43
Hi Sako - buying from the USA is obviously complicated and could present legal risks to you and the US shipper.

Why bother? You are in the EU. There is a manufacturer of ARs called Oberland Arms in another EU country (Germany). It would be best for you to first go to a local arms retailer in Denmark and explore buying an AR that is already in Denmark. Why take the risk? Plus, it will likely cost your MORE to buy from the US.

Please first take the step of investigating ARs available in Denmark. Also, please report back to us what you discover; I for one, am curious as to what sort of ARs are available in your country.

Regards,

TY44934

AR15barrels
07-23-07, 14:41
Hi Sako - buying from the USA is obviously complicated and could present legal risks to you and the US shipper.

Why bother? You are in the EU. There is a manufacturer of ARs called Oberland Arms in another EU country (Germany). It would be best for you to first go to a local arms retailer in Denmark and explore buying an AR that is already in Denmark. Why take the risk? Plus, it will likely cost your MORE to buy from the US.

Please first take the step of investigating ARs available in Denmark. Also, please report back to us what you discover; I for one, am curious as to what sort of ARs are available in your country.

Regards,

TY44934

You might not realize the cost of AR's outside the USA is extremely high for civilians compared to what we are used to paying.

You have exporters, importers and a 2nd group of dealers all in the path and they all get paid.
You can probably save some money importing one legally, but you WILL spend a lot of time and effort to do it.
It really is going to boil down to what you have more of, the time or the money.

AR15barrels
07-23-07, 14:45
Ok, who have the necessary licenses to do that?

There are several that I have shipped things through, but this is the most recent one I remember:

Hart & Sons (http://www.rwhart.com/)