PDA

View Full Version : A.R.M.S. #40L-SP

squeeker
10-18-10, 19:46
Anyone know where I can get the best price on one of these?

Thanks

Stickman
10-18-10, 20:33
Prices are pretty similar wherever you go.

kwelz
10-19-10, 08:11
As stick said, the price doesn't vary much.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want the A.R.M.S. as opposed to a Troy or similar sight?

Stickman
10-19-10, 09:49
The ARMS 40L series are great sights, and not just because they are tagged to mil projects.

kwelz
10-19-10, 09:58
I guess I just always worried about having a spring hold up the sight. Prefer the solid lockup of a Troy or similar system. Sorry to derail.

500grains
10-19-10, 10:31
The ARMS 40L series are great sights, and not just because they are tagged to mil projects.

I have several 40Ls, and I really like them.

MadDog
10-19-10, 10:37
Never heard of the spring in a #40 failing. Anyone have first hand experience of a fail? I have ARMS, Troys, PRI's, and Magpuls and the ARMS are GTG (as are the others).

MadDog

DaBears_85
10-19-10, 12:19
Never heard of the spring in a #40 failing. Anyone have first hand experience of a fail? I have ARMS, Troys, PRI's, and Magpuls and the ARMS are GTG (as are the others).

MadDog

He's not saying that it has failed, but that it's a potential point of failure. That being said, I have one and like it. It locks up really tight, I haven't had to use Loctite on it as of yet. It's also the lightest, according to my research, BUIS you can get. Same plane apertures are a great feature as well.

kwelz
10-19-10, 12:22
Correct I am not saying I have seen a failure like that. Just that it concerns me.

If any of you have seen Magpuls original Tactical Carbine DVD you will see that Travis' gun appears to have a broken rear MBUS. I have never confirmed this but throughout shots you see the sight moving freely. The MBUS uses a similar enough system that ARMS sued them.

Of course that brings up the other reason I never suggest ARMS products to anyone.... ;)

Stickman
10-19-10, 15:55
Correct I am not saying I have seen a failure like that. Just that it concerns me.

If any of you have seen Magpuls original Tactical Carbine DVD you will see that Travis' gun appears to have a broken rear MBUS. I have never confirmed this but throughout shots you see the sight moving freely. The MBUS uses a similar enough system that ARMS sued them.

Of course that brings up the other reason I never suggest ARMS products to anyone.... ;)

1. Concern is where you make it, I've never seen it as an issue, and used to use one on my duty weapon. The idea of a sight breaking from impact is a concern if you want to consider that angle, but that is coming from someone who has broken two Troy rear sights.

2. Are you talking about a prototype rear sight that was built as a concept, later known as the MBUS and used in a video? The one that wasn't a production version because they weren't in production?

kwelz
10-19-10, 16:04
First off I am impressed you have broken 2 Troy sights. :blink:
May I ask how?

I have only seen the video once. I assume it was a prototype since you know a heck of a lot more than I do about such things. However till you had posted I didn't know that. It was just something that stuck out in my mind as funny at the time.

I wasn't putting down magpul at all with that, just commenting on what I had seen.

UDT
10-19-10, 17:16
FWIW, I have never had any problems with mine.