PDA

View Full Version : LWRCI Lower Parts Kit

pkowatch
10-18-10, 21:43
Can anyone provide feedback regarding the LPK from LWRCI? I have heard one or two guys say that they really like them (good quality parts, and nice trigger). I have a couple of new lowers coming, and I was planning to go with the Daniel Defense LPK's, but I'm wondering whether the LWRCI may be worth a look. According to their website, each hammer and trigger casting is x-ray inspected for inclusions prior to machining per the mil-spec. That sounds like something that might give me some additional comfort, but are the other mfg's doing this as well? What do you think?

Also, the search function does not seem to be working for me right now, so if this has been discussed previously, I apologize.

DBR
10-18-10, 23:53
I just installed a LWRC parts kit in a Mega lower. The parts are among the best I have seen and the stock trigger is very good for a single stage battle type. Its about 6# with a very clean, short pull.

I have built more than a dozen ARs using a variety of lower kits and I plan to use an LWRC kit for my next one.

I also like their cam pins.

Boss Hogg
10-19-10, 06:44
My experience mirrors DBR's. Superb out-of-the-box "combat" triggers. Very smooth with a nice short reset.

LONGBOWAH
10-19-10, 11:49
LWRC doesn't mess around when it comes to processes and quality.

Their LPK is top quality, especially their Ni coated FCG which is included in the kit.

polymorpheous
10-19-10, 18:05
Never knew they made a LPK. Kind of pricey...

I like that they X-ray the FCG. Do other manufacturers do this?

SA80Dan
02-14-11, 09:22
I completed my recent build with this LPK. Would echo the comments about the quality components and excellent trigger - by far the best stock trigger I have come across by a long way. It is however an expensive LPK at $115....but if you like/need a stock trigger, it is worth it IMO.

Dionysusigma
02-15-11, 19:21
Any good links?

Evil Bert
02-15-11, 19:35
Better be careful not to let markm catch this thread. He will go off on all your asses like the grooming standards.

DBR
02-15-11, 21:51
Who is markm???

SA80Dan
02-16-11, 08:01
Any good links?

AFAIK, you have to get it direct from them:

http://www.lwrci.com/p-149-lwrci-traditional-lower-parts-kit.aspx

- And as stated, I'd only consider buying the trigger as part of the LPK, being as they want $95 for the FCG alone and $110 for the LPK including the FCG.

Pricey, but if you are looking for the best stock trigger out there, I think this is it. I had high hopes for the Spikes one, but was disappointed with that.

Evil Bert
02-16-11, 18:58
Who is markm???

markm? :neo:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=910082&postcount=7