PDA

View Full Version : Threat in DC area?

Littlelebowski
10-19-10, 09:34
Both a coworker and I noticed the same thing at the same time in two separate parts of the area (me Route 7, her the Beltway near DC).

-police pulling over large trucks (dumptrucks, gravel trucks, etc).

-there were signs up admonishing the trucks to pull over at a certain exit. When trucks ignored said signs, cops were waiting en masse and actively pulled them over.

-in my case, I saw a motorcycle cop leading a convoy of about 8 trucks stop traffic and direct them into a public park where there were many other trucks and police.

Mjolnir
10-19-10, 09:38
Interesting, Lee. Nothing on the news addressing this here in Louisiana...

Littlelebowski
10-19-10, 09:41
Interesting, Lee. Nothing on the news addressing this here in Louisiana...

Not on the news here but I did see it happening. I'm going to lay low today. Suggest everybody in the DC area make sure you have at least half a tank of gas, food, water, and if possible, a weapon on you or in your vehicle.

thopkins22
10-19-10, 09:59
I was interested because my lady friend is in DC, but I don't think it's anything to worry about...that is if it's a reaction to this.

Bullets Strike Pentagon

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Police-Search-After-Gunshots-Heard-Near-Pentagon-105241393.html

ST911
10-19-10, 10:07
Could it have been something regulatory for commercial vehicles?

Did the vehicles have something in common, such as some sort of discernible intra- or interstate commercial status? You note dump trucks and gravel trucks, were the vehicles picked of a type that is commonly overweight on roads? If a box truck, were they within a certain range of load capacity?

Littlelebowski
10-19-10, 10:10
Could it have been something regulatory for commercial vehicles?

Did the vehicles have something in common, such as some sort of discernible intra- or interstate commercial status? You note dump trucks and gravel trucks, were the vehicles picked of a type that is commonly overweight on roads? If a box truck, were they within a certain range of load capacity?

I saw dump and gavel trucks. My boss said she saw all sorts. I saw no other datum that could help answer your question.

Littlelebowski
10-19-10, 10:11
Also, my boss says she saw the signs on the Beltway and said signs stated "all trucks exit here." She said cops were ready and waiting to pull over all trucks that did not obey.

parishioner
10-19-10, 10:17
I wonder if this has anything to do with the threat that the group tied to the ft. hood shooting issued urging wannabe American jihadists to massacre government workers in D.C.

Irish
10-19-10, 10:17
The only thing I saw in the news was about the assholes who shot up the Marine Corp Museum http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/bullet-holes-found-in-marine-corps-museum-windows-105253613.html

Another article here: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Vandals-Fire-on-National-Museum-of-the-Marine-Corps-105194899.html

Littlelebowski
10-19-10, 10:20
I wonder if this has anything to do with the threat that the group tied to the ft. hood shooting issued urging wannabe American jihadists to massacre government workers in D.C.

My thoughts exactly.

Iraqgunz
10-19-10, 14:54
There was also shots fired this morning into the Pentagon. I believe that they are speculating that the rounds were fired from the freeway.

The only thing I saw in the news was about the assholes who shot up the Marine Corp Museum http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/bullet-holes-found-in-marine-corps-museum-windows-105253613.html

Another article here: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Vandals-Fire-on-National-Museum-of-the-Marine-Corps-105194899.html

Kentucky Cop
10-19-10, 15:16
With the little information provided here, I will take a stab at this. It sounds like a Commercial Vehicle Blitz/Inspection which they do frequently here in central Ky.

Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement along with KSP and local metro cops will set up on a popular freeway and pull anything and everything over with a DOT number on it. Sometimes they will have a focus on specific trucks such as dump trucks, cement trucks, flatbeds etc. They usually have a pre determined area that they tell the drivers to move to after the first contact stop to conduct certain levels of inspections.

I do know that federal grants given to jurisdictions mandate that certified commercial vehicle officers have to have so many inspections to keep their certification current without having to go back thru the difficult training. Just my thoughts........, I could be wrong.

Ky Cop

Business_Casual
10-19-10, 15:22
I hope you are right.

B_C

Pk14
10-19-10, 17:02
Nothing unusual at USCGHQ today. Pk

Mjolnir
10-19-10, 17:29
There was also shots fired this morning into the Pentagon. I believe that they are speculating that the rounds were fired from the freeway.

You're correct. This is what I found: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/19/dc.pentagon.shots.fired/

Smuckatelli
10-19-10, 17:41

They had 95 south bound tied up yesterday while they were trying to figure out where the shots came from, it appears to have been from the high ground on the west side of 95 across from the museum.

platoonDaddy
10-19-10, 17:54
You're correct. This is what I found: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/19/dc.pentagon.shots.fired/

Don't believe they are related.

Mjolnir
10-19-10, 23:02
Hopefully (praying), we don't have another wannabe so-called (murdering) marksman/marksmen roaming the DC area. :mad::(

kry226
10-20-10, 07:23
A properly placed, extremely potent VBIED placed inside a full dump/gravel truck may/will have an extended kill-radius way beyond that of a traditional VBIED.

Just sayin'.

kbi
10-20-10, 12:49
I didnt even hear about the shot's fired at the pentagon til last night and Im about a 1.75-2 mile's from it.

Havent seen any arlington county squad cars the past 2 days though around the I66 / glebe rd area from westmoreland st and lee hwy?

As for dump trucks and trailer's on the road I cant stand being near them . I just hurry up and pass them when possible

Honu
10-20-10, 15:42
wonder if the shots were a test bump ! like sharks do bump things to see the reaction ?

really makes you wonder with the english terrorist magazine recently asking for people to drive into DC food spots or whatever that was and other things ?

GermanSynergy
10-20-10, 23:08
We must remain ever vigilant, gents.

Boss Hogg
10-21-10, 07:41
The problem is that the DC area is one of the few places where there is a LOT of road construction going on. These dump trucks probably kill 100+ windshields per day, and generally speaking drive like maniacs. They're paid to.

If it was a crackdown I'm glad to see it.

Preferred User
10-21-10, 23:09
FYI - Police will be searching I-95 near the Marine Museum 10/22. The search is not supposed to close any lanes of traffic.

Iraqgunz
10-26-10, 19:43
So it would appear that the shootings at the Pentagon, Marine Corp Museum and the recruiting office have been linked to the same weapon. I am very interested to know who is doing this.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/breaking/Shots-at-Pentagon-Marine-Museum-From-Same-Gun-105801463.html

Business_Casual
10-26-10, 20:29
Frankly, I don't see how shooting at a mostly unoccupied office building or a museum meets the goals of a terrorist attack. If it is a terrorist, he didn't graduate at the top of his class.

B_C

THCDDM4
10-27-10, 09:55
So it would appear that the shootings at the Pentagon, Marine Corp Museum and the recruiting office have been linked to the same weapon. I am very interested to know who is doing this.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/breaking/Shots-at-Pentagon-Marine-Museum-From-Same-Gun-105801463.html

Sounds very much like someone is putting the feelers out to see what protocol/response is...

THCDDM4
10-27-10, 09:58
Frankly, I don't see how shooting at a mostly unoccupied office building or a museum meets the goals of a terrorist attack. If it is a terrorist, he didn't graduate at the top of his class.

B_C

Maybe, but maybe it is people who are feeling out the situation/protocol/response before they formulate a bigger plan; and that thought scares the shit out of me. Especially after that Anti-American Mag put out an open call for terrorist acts.

Business_Casual
10-27-10, 10:41
Yeah, could be, you and IRGz are right.

B_C

Littlelebowski
10-27-10, 10:48
The targets so far are interesting in their location and diversity. I appreciate the rational thought in this thread.

Honu
10-27-10, 11:15

B_C

what I said above ?

a test bump ! seeing the response where its coming from how it happens response time taking pics of special people that show up etc..

thats my thought of what they are doing !

VMI-MO
10-27-10, 11:15

B_C

It could be a possible attempt to see reactions and reaction times, as other users have stated.

Keep in mind gents, who are in NOVA, the USMC marathon kicks this weekend. Keep those eyes up and feelers out.

PJ

THCDDM4
10-27-10, 11:27
what I said above ?

a test bump ! seeing the response where its coming from how it happens response time taking pics of special people that show up etc..

thats my thought of what they are doing !

+1

It is surely what it seems like at this point.
It could also be a way to throw everyone off track and divert resources from a potential threat elsewhere.

Whatever it may be, it doesn't sound like bubba playing cards and being stupid accidentally shooting high profile targets, it sounds like some durkas playing chess and being very tactical.

Keep those eyes open wide!

THCDDM4
10-29-10, 10:37
So the militray museum in VA got shot again. Wonder if it is the same rifle/gunman? I assume so, but it could be a copycat? This time it was in the evening during off hours. Maybe fishing for mor einfo on respone times during different hours of the day/night?

What is going on?

GermanSynergy
10-29-10, 10:41
I saw that on TV at the gym this morning. Wonder WTF is going on.... Stay frosty, gents.

So the militray museum in VA got shot again. Wonder if it is the same rifle/gunman? I assume so, but it could be a copycat? This time it was in the evening during off hours. Maybe fishing for mor einfo on respone times during different hours of the day/night?

What is going on?

Armati
10-30-10, 10:50
Guy! Infantry 101 - probe the perimeter and check the response. Then... conduct your raid on the soft spots. Day one shit guys.

Shooter in the NOVA area, explosives from Yemen on planes bound to Chicago, an election, the Marine Corp Marathon.

The goal of terrorism it to cause terror and uncertainty, and to evoke a security response from the Central Authority that makes the people hate the govt more than the terrorists.

The words 'long war' come to mind...

platoonDaddy
10-30-10, 16:55
The words 'long war' come to mind

Neutron bombs come to mind!