PDA

View Full Version : M&P grip compared to Boresight G17 grip

Semi_auto
10-19-10, 15:56
It appears that the Boresight G17 grip looks similar to the M&P grip. Does anyone know if they have the same feel (with regards to grip angle)?

Thanks.

Magsz
10-19-10, 16:28
Regardless of backstrap on the M&P you're still going to have a slight curve or hump.

Bens grip reductions end up with a straight back, ie no curve so no, they're not going to feel exactly the same but they will feel similar.

A glock will always be a glock no matter what you do to it and at the same time an M&P will always be an M&P.

Will they feel similar? Yes, they're both plastic guns but thats where it stops.

Semi_auto
10-19-10, 18:27
Thanks Magz. The similarity is what I am referring to. Please allow to explain further.

I found I prefer the M&P because of the way it presents from the holster. When I point in (step 3 just before firing) with the M&P I am dead on with the front sight. On a Glock I present it with the front sight slightly higher and have to readjust before firing. I thought some may have had a similar experience and wondered if it was fixed with Bens' grip reduction.

operator81
10-19-10, 19:02
A grip reduction will help with the issue you're describing. However, muscle memory from sticking to one platform will do the same thing for a lot cheaper.

Magsz
10-19-10, 21:24
You're not the only one that presents a glock a bit high out of the holster.

The removal of the hump can help with this but you're essentially limiting yourself to one custom firearm and conditioning yourself to shoot that well.

In the grand scheme of things...not that big of a deal but if you want to go into the mall ninja territory OR you're using this weapon in a duty capacity its probably better to stick with a "stock" grip angle for familiarities sake.

Semi_auto
10-19-10, 21:51
I appreciate the feedback. I'll stick with what presents well for me.

Bolt_Overide
10-20-10, 01:44
Modified or stock, glock vs m&p is like saying 1911 vs luger, its apples to oranges.

Bottom line, you should be carrying a weopon that fills no less than the following, reliable, accurate, and comfortable feeling and pointing to you, in that order, or atleast thats my overinflated self important opinion. :sarcastic: