PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical Mil/LE Pistol Instructor Class - Jan 5-7, 2011 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

VA_Dinger
10-20-10, 06:44
Vickers Tactical Mil/LE Advanced Pistol Instructor Class - Jan 5-7, 2011 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/lav-hk45.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical Mil/LE Advanced Pistol Instructor Class - Jan 5-7, 2011 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

The Vickers Tactical Pistol Instructor Class focuses on all aspects of advanced level handgun shooting with a "Train the Trainer" focus. Topics covered will be review of safety, trigger control, stance, sight alignment, reloads, presentation, malfunctions, and different shooting positions. More advanced topics will include shooting on the move, barricade, cover and concealment, weak side/strong side only shooting, low light/night fire, etc.

***Due to host restrictions this class is only open to LE or Military personal. This has nothing to do with the BSO Range. **

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: Jan 5-7, 2011

Cost: $600

Range:

BSO Range at Markham Park
16001 W. State Road 84, Sunrise, FL

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 1200 rounds minimum

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3587/LAV-MIL-dsh-LE-Advanced-Pistol/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

rob_s
11-03-10, 15:03
Interesting. This is my "home" range. Too bad about the LE/mil restriction, but it's happened at this range before.

RogerinTPA
11-03-10, 15:12
Agreed. Too bad for the host requirements, I'd be all over this class. Sounds a lot like the VTAC 1.5 pistol course, sans the ''train the trainer' aspect.

VA_Dinger
11-04-10, 06:14
I can get you guys a class later in the year. Just let me know and we can work out the details.

This one is Mil/LE only becuase the host LE agency required it. It has nothing to do with the Markham Park range itself.

RogerinTPA
11-04-10, 09:01
Understood, thanks Paul.

rob_s
11-04-10, 09:03
It has nothing to do with the Markham Park range itself.

Give me a call when you get some time. I'd like to talk about this.

CENTCOM_Survivor
11-04-10, 10:03
$600 plus 1200 rounds of 45 is around $950.00. Wish the ol' SO paid more. It seems my paychecks keep going back-wards each fiscal year!

VA_Dinger
11-04-10, 10:10
Give me a call when you get some time. I'd like to talk about this.

No problem, I will call you today.

VA_Dinger
12-18-10, 17:30
FYI: We have just two open seats still available for this class.

If your interested in attending please feel free to sign-up. If you have any questions about the class or signing-up please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Paul