PDA

View Full Version : Pics of an AR with a traditional / MOE handguard and NO FSB?

Skyyr
10-20-10, 10:20
I've been throwing around the idea of building a super-lightweight, KISS carbine, however I really don't like fixed FSB's.

Is there a good-looking, FUNCTIONAL (i.e. non-obtrusive, not the massive Bushmaster and S&W ORC crap) gas block + rail that allows the use of traditional handguards? I'd like to use the VLTOR flip-up gas block/sight, I've just never seen it used in this configuration.

Thanks...

Byron
10-20-10, 10:37
Out of curiosity, why don't you want a FF system? Is it a cost issue or something else?

I ask because these days you can configure a lighter overall weight with a FF setup (since you don't want the FSB) and then have whatever front sight you want. It will also likely be lighter than going the VLTOR route since that thing weighs around 5 ounces

Stickman
10-20-10, 11:26
I've been throwing around the idea of building a super-lightweight, KISS carbine, however I really don't like fixed FSB's.

Is there a good-looking, FUNCTIONAL (i.e. non-obtrusive, not the massive Bushmaster and S&W ORC crap) gas block + rail that allows the use of traditional handguards? I'd like to use the VLTOR flip-up gas block/sight, I've just never seen it used in this configuration.

Thanks...

A few pictures here....

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2010/01/20/shot-2010-magpul-midlength-and-rifle-handguards-more-moe/