PDA

View Full Version : How Many Spare Parts / Backups?

Heidevolk
10-20-10, 14:13
Here's the premise:

1. You've found your perfect AR build
2. AR's can no longer be manufactured (SHTF, AWB ban, whatever)
3. You can still hold on to all your old ARs, but can't buy any used parts or guns.

How many backups or how much spare parts do you keep?

I was thinking that as a general safeguard, you could keep 1 or 2 exact "copies" of your current ideal build.

Safetyhit
10-20-10, 14:30
I was thinking that as a general safeguard, you could keep 1 or 2 exact "copies" of your current ideal build.

I don't know about "exact copies" of a specific build, however having 1 or 2 extra critical components such as BCG's on hand is always a good way to go.

shadow65
10-20-10, 14:32
I keep BCG components-bolt, firing pin, extractors, gas rings- and LPK's as extra's

Elessar
10-20-10, 15:19
-an extra barrel or upper and BCG plus at least one additional lower. (i guess a second rifle makes this easy).

-at least two complete bolts and firing pins, extra extractor and springs

-a couple extra LPKs just to make it easy

-a dozen action springs and an extra mil spec buffer tube and H buffer.

-a dozen or so new mags plus a dozen spring / follower kits.

The above should be able to satisfy my recreational needs in the event of a parts supply shortage.

Magic_Salad0892
10-20-10, 16:11
3 Identical copies of my primary rifle and pistol (getting to work on this now.) * 2/3 rifle 2/3 pistol.

5 bolt rebuild kits, in the event that my bolt is functional, but a part breaks.*
5 bolts. *2/5
5 action springs. *
3 Gas tubes. *0/0
3 Suppressor rebuild kits. (3 for each rifle and pistol) *1/3 for rifle 2/3 for pistol
5 LPKs. (LMT) 3/5*
Numerous batteries. *
5 action springs. (Pistol)*
5 spring sets, trigger springs, striker springs, etc. (Pistol)*
3 Extra Slings/Lanyards (Rifle/Pistol)*
Numerous bottles lubricants/grease (Slip EWL/Slip EWL 30) *

A box of magazines.*

* stuff I have