PDA

View Full Version : Burr in my barrel?

Meplat
10-20-10, 16:32
I bough this upper (BCM 18" SS) about 2mos. ago and when I first got it, I noticed there was a burr in the barrel upon inspection. I figured it was nothing and would go away with some shooting to smooth out the barrel. ~200rds. later and it's still there and does not appear to have changed at all. It's at the 1 or 2 o'clock position in the barrel, a little ways down from the muzzle. Picture is taken from the muzzle, you may have to zoom in to see it. I haven't ran any ammo through this so far that was good enough to warrant measuring groups, but accuracy does not *seem* to be affected.
Can anyone offer any advice or a prognosis?
https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=291&pictureid=1480

Artos
10-20-10, 16:49
it's gotta be the gas port amigo...all is well.

How does she shoot in ways of groups so far and what are you running through her??

Meplat
10-20-10, 17:17
it's gotta be the gas port amigo...all is well.

How does she shoot in ways of groups so far and what are you running through her??

Why was I too dumb to realize that?:suicide:
Oh well. Like I said, I haven't put any decent ammo through it to consider measuring my groups, but so far it's running very solid. I've been running some prvi through it just to test it out and a little bit of lake city 62gr. I had left over. I'll be buying some handloads from a very good reloader in town soon enough and then I'll put it to work and see how well it does. Or more realistically, how well I can do to keep up. :sarcastic: