PDA

View Full Version : State of Franklin Introductions

bulbvivid
10-20-10, 19:33
I borrowed the idea for an introduction thread from LOKNLOD over in the Oklahoma group. I figured it would be a good way for people to find others close to them to shoot and train with.

This group is geared toward those living in the mountainous regions of Eastern Tennessee, Western North Carolina, and Southwest Virginia.

Here's mine:

Range: TAC2, Sciota
Experience: Very little; some IDPA and a marksmanship class in college, if that counts.
Interests: Practical shooting competitions, training, reloading, shooting, and more shooting.

Mauser KAR98K
11-28-10, 10:44
Mauser from Monroe, TN.
Current student at Tennessee Tech University and Volunteer State Community College where I double as Student Supplemental Instructor for American History. Majoring in a B/A in History.

Rang: Bend of the River. Small, but humble.
Shooting: 3-gun and a Garand Matches.
Interest: Music, guitars, weapons history, shooting, reloading, reading, gaming (FPS) to work on sight picture.

The Cat
02-23-11, 11:29
Range: Been to several but member of none, however that'll soon change
Experience: AR builder since 1989, some classes
Interests: AR (of course - isn't that a prerequisite here?:p), Garand, 1911, and Mauser lover. Intend to get into IDPA and 3-Gun.

Schadenfreude
02-23-11, 11:45
Hello

Schadenfreude
02-24-11, 11:32
Greeneville
Tac2
Several classes pistol, carbine, shotgun, CQB, etc.
IDPA @ Tac2 & Kettlefoot although haven't shot a match in a while

Stormrider
03-04-11, 23:18
Memphis here.

Member at MSSA.
FLETC pistol was the last school I went to.

jhs1969
03-08-11, 00:09
Range: Norris Public (no club affiliations)
Experience: Ex-armed security, some High Power and IPISC (many moons ago).
Interests: Modern rifle and pistol, American military history.

doughnut
03-08-11, 19:42
Range: Primarily my Dept's range but I frequent Shooter's Edge and Jacob's Creek depending on need/weather/etc. I'm considering a membership at Tac-2 in the future.
Experience: Limited to LE training, VADCJS certified firearms instructor.
Interests: Shooting, Training, Mountain Biking

Icculus
04-04-11, 10:42
Meant to do this a while ago.

Range: My primary is On Target but its only pistol (or .22 rifle). Other than that; a buddy's property and Tac2 when bulbvivid is nice enough to host us.
Experience: limited to a couple of Vicker's classes--Team Hell's Bells :D--so far but looking forward to more.
Interests: shooting (obvious right), camping, live music, cars but that hobby got to expensive and had to be put to the side for a while.

Was good shooting with you guys again last month. Looking forward to next time.

tricitytactical
03-19-12, 19:50
Locatio: piney flats
Range: Cherokee, Unaka and occasionally Sciotta
Experience: qualified pistol/rifle sharpshooter in the navy, I have been reloading since I was a kid and still do as much as possible if my 2 little boys let me. Currently teaching my 4 year old to load. I sell body armor and tac gear to LE/Fed agencies. I started shooting AR about 3 years ago. I like the name of this group, it rocks..

Greenbean
04-06-12, 15:10

Range: On Target a little, some at Rexs also in Hendo. My roomy has a private small cabin he built by hand on land and lets just me shoot there when I want to, Sorry guys.

Experience: Just a CCW holder for 12 years now, lots of friends in Police, grew up hunting w/shotguns, family is almost all former military but I was the guy who ended up with diabetis, GO FIGURE Just got my first AR, Colt SP 6920 a few months ago and am looking forward to shooting and learning, been around Glocks for years now...Oh also got me the usual 870 also...:D

Interests: The Lord, used to be Hayabusas but it got costly and dangerous to my license, :dirol: My lady, and the kids I work with when not representing a Service Tech for a cell phone company. Ha

mnoe82
04-06-12, 17:49
Nice to have you here. There's another guy from Asheville who shoots at TAC2 in Greeneville TN.

bulbvivid
04-06-12, 18:15
Howdy Greenbean, good to have you here.

Icculus is in your neck of the woods.

Some of us have been getting together about once a month (outside of matches, that is) to work on some shooting. Give a shout if you want to join in.

Further, there's matches around if you like that sort of thing. I shoot IDPA and 3-gun at TAC2. 3-gun has certainly improved my ability with a rifle, let me know if you have any questions about it, and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Campbell
04-07-13, 19:39

Range: Home

Experience: Army/TN National Guard: Avid shooter when younger, wanting to re-learn lost skills...

Interests: Getting my girls thru college!;) I spray coatings for a living, with firearms being around 50%, so I get to handle a lot of firearms, I just need to see a increase in shooting them... I have been thinking of checking Tac2 out since its local.

bulbvivid
04-08-13, 10:37

Range: Home

Experience: Army/TN National Guard: Avid shooter when younger, wanting to re-learn lost skills...

Interests: Getting my girls thru college!;) I spray coatings for a living, with firearms being around 50%, so I get to handle a lot of firearms, I just need to see a increase in shooting them... I have been thinking of checking Tac2 out since its local.

Campbell, I shoot at TAC2 quite a bit. Definitely the best range in the area.

A few of us get together once a month or so to shoot there, and I shoot a couple of matches a month there as well.

Touch base if you feel like checking it out, or stop by on a match day and check it out then.

taliv
07-15-20, 21:00
anybody home?