PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead. Official season 1 & now SEASON 2 thread.

SW-Shooter
10-21-10, 05:48
New AMC link for season 2. http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

My treat to M4.
Download this:

http://www.rlslog.net/the-walking-dead-s01e01-preair-x264-p2p/
http://www.fileserve.com/file/DgZCJ7D

Then this to watch:
http://www.divx.com/

ENJOY!

Rmplstlskn
10-21-10, 06:26
Link no longer works...

SW-Shooter
10-21-10, 06:54
Link fixed, show is awesome....must see TV.

Icculus
10-21-10, 09:29
Posting links on the forum to download copyrighted material is probably not the best idea...just sayin

sadmin
10-21-10, 09:51
ive secretly always wanted to just type IBTL, but never get the opportunity!!! YAY!

Spurholder
10-21-10, 10:19
AMC's website is pretty good...lots of info here:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Rmplstlskn
10-21-10, 11:29
Well.... That was fun!

I knew it wasn't going to be the usual TEOTWAWKI TV series (aka Jericho) when the first scene has a liitle blonde girl/zombie getting a hole blown into her head clutching her teddy bear... :eek:

A lot more gore and zombie splat action than I thought it would be...

Definetly not for the kids... :sarcastic:

Rmpl

ra2bach
10-21-10, 21:14
this is set in Atlanta? gre-a-a-a-t... now I won't be able to walk to my parked car without frantically checking around at every little noise..

:sarcastic:

DaBears_85
10-21-10, 22:18
When does it air, the 31st? It looks promising, hopefully it'll be as addicting as Breaking Bad.

ive secretly always wanted to just type IBTL, but never get the opportunity!!! YAY!

IBTL?

Rider79
10-21-10, 22:58
IBTL?

In Before The Lock. They say it on arfcom a lot, but strangely, they never seem to actually lock any threads.

I can't wait for this show. Its based on an excellent comic book/graphic novel series.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-21-10, 23:57
In Before The Lock. They say it on arfcom a lot.

I can't wait for this show. Its based on an excellent comic book/graphic novel series.

Page 2 ownage!!! bARFcom ;)

Short clips look good. Don't know how well it will work in series form. Oh no, more zombies!!!

DaBears_85
10-22-10, 01:23
In Before The Lock. They say it on arfcom a lot.

Ah, gotcha. I've been to that site once, to check out the LAV "assclowns" thread, and that was more than enough for me.

Page 2 ownage!!! bARFcom ;)

Short clips look good. Don't know how well it will work in series form. Oh no, more zombies!!!

I'm curious to see how they're gonna make that work as well.

LHS
10-22-10, 09:19

In the graphic novels, at least, the series quickly shifted its focus away from 'OHNOES ZOMBEHZ!!!' to look at how human society would crumble, reform, and change in the wake of a true TEOTWAWKI scenario. There's a lot of personality clashes, interpersonal drama, and people's reactions to constant stress combined with tedium.

I believe at one point the main protagonist proclaims humanity, not the zombies, to be the true 'Walking Dead'.

Rider79
10-23-10, 00:28

A series is the best way to put some of these comics on the screen. I'm still waiting for the series I heard was once in development for The Preacher. 100 Bullets would make another great TV series.

Magic_Salad0892
10-23-10, 00:35
I'm reading the novels now, I want to see the show baaaad.

Rider79
10-23-10, 00:41
I'm reading the novels now, I want to see the show baaaad.

I'm almost tempted to start a comic book/graphic novel thread, but I'm afraid it would be too arfcommish.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-23-10, 02:28
Was reading the WSJ today and they talked about Walking Dead versus a British version of the zombie problem. They said the series are fundamentally different because of the scarcity of weapons in England and the need to find other ways to dispatch the zombies. USA! USA! USA!

Armati
10-23-10, 10:55
Was reading the WSJ today and they talked about Walking Dead versus a British version of the zombie problem. They said the series are fundamentally different because of the scarcity of weapons in England and the need to find other ways to dispatch the zombies. USA! USA! USA!

"28 Days" handled this about right. The only real survivors in the UK were the military. The population was left pretty much on their own and most of them didn't make it.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-23-10, 12:37
Damn you guys. I dreampt last night that the zombies were coming and I was in a high-rise, in Manhattan, with a Bushmaster and Wolf ammo......

kittyhawk
10-23-10, 20:00
Damn you guys. I dreampt last night that the zombies were coming and I was in a high-rise, in Manhattan, with a Bushmaster and Wolf ammo......

LOL.....thats a recipe for disaster..............
Hope you made out ok..........

BSHNT2015
10-24-10, 10:23
:rolleyes:

whatever happen to creative writing and imagination by Hollyweird writers?

LHS
10-24-10, 16:35
:rolleyes:

whatever happen to creative writing and imagination by Hollyweird writers?

Give it a shot. The written version is excellent. It's well-written, well-plotted, and very interesting. It's not a run-of-the-mill zombie apocalypse rag.

After all, to some extent every story is derivative. How many heroic epics pull from ancient sources such as the Iliad?

murphy j
10-24-10, 16:55
I just finished watching it and thought it was great. So who's got a link to a episode 2? :D

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-24-10, 20:28

LOL.....thats a recipe for disaster..............
Hope you made out ok..........

I did shoot Bloomberg, and he wasn't even a Zombie.... ;)

Alex F
10-26-10, 11:57
Fantastic, thanks!!

devildogljb
10-26-10, 15:53
great show i was worried on how they where going to work this and how it was going to look and i have to say im very supprised and pleased with the first one. Hope they keep it up just sucks i have to wait till next sunday to see the 2nd one.

ForTehNguyen
10-27-10, 23:22
reviews look great for it:
http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2469:the-walking-dead-episode-one-days-gone-by-tv-review&catid=52:tv-reviews&Itemid=183

“Days Gone By” is an astonishing introduction to THE WALKING DEAD. Atmospheric, creepy, stunningly violent and epic, it promises that this series will be every bit “that something special” we were all hoping it would be.

ForTehNguyen
10-29-10, 10:03
I watched this last night as well as read 1-20 of the comic series. What a dark, messed up, disgusting horror story of the human condition, but I loved it. I wonder how far the show will go in comparison with the comic, which was extremely gorey and demented. I watched a 15 min segment on the making of the show and the director said he was given a lot of freedom to make the show with regards to censorship: curse words, violence, gore, etc.

CaptainDooley
11-01-10, 23:12
I just had the chance to watch the premier and I have one thing to say... SLOW F'N ZOMBIES FTW!!!! I've gotten so sick of fast "action zombie" movies.

Zombies were originally slow for a reason, they are the personification of death (more here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/nov/04/television-simon-pegg-dead-set).

Anyway, I thought the show was very well done (minus the rubber shotguns and the Glock with a safety), and hope it does very well. It looks like it is headed in the right direction by focusing on the survivors relationships and their interaction with their new world. Romero would be proud to see a new intelligent zombie piece that just might have something to say about our society.

Now I have to find the graphic novels...

R/Tdrvr
11-03-10, 11:02
Now I have to find the graphic novels...

Amazon.com

They have individual issues or you can get the hard bound books 1-5.

Alric
11-03-10, 11:07
"Hey dumbass. Yeah, you in the tank..."

snicker

It was a good watch, though it did seem to amplify each sound my house makes... :)

Hersh
11-03-10, 17:21
Head shots, guts and the like don't bother me, but I could have done without the horse getting offed.

LHS
11-03-10, 20:43
Head shots, guts and the like don't bother me, but I could have done without the horse getting offed.

Rick (the sheriff's deputy) was much more offended about the zombies munching his horse in the graphic novel. There was also no tank for him to hide in.

Still, I like it so far. They changed a lot of little things, some without much effect, some that I thought detracted, and some I thought added. It should be fun to watch the series progress.

vicious_cb
11-07-10, 06:40
Fire a magnum revolver inside a metal box...get your shit rocked. Awesome! :)

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-07-10, 10:43
Fire a magnum revolver inside a metal box...get your shit rocked. Awesome! :)

I thought that was a nice dose of realism, in a post apocolyptic zombie filled world.

Just out of curiosity, and to help me plan my amo load out ;) , will a 22lr take down a zombie with a head shot?

ForTehNguyen
11-08-10, 15:49
show has been renewed for a 13 episode Season 2:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/08/amcs-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-13-episode-season-two-as-second-episode-big-ratings/71238

Anyone watch last nights episode: "Guts"

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-10, 18:36
show has been renewed for a 13 episode Season 2:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/11/08/amcs-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-13-episode-season-two-as-second-episode-big-ratings/71238

Wow, after two episodes? It must be doing well.

Started to watch it, my kindergärtner came home, so I had to stop.

Rmplstlskn
11-08-10, 19:15

Yep... Interesting tactic. But damn that rain... :sarcastic:

I'm tempted to say more but I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen it...

Rmpl

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-07-10, 03:02
So what did the Doc say to the Sheriff ?

I think it was that his wife is pregnant, with the other dudes baby.

Gotta wait till next season. I thought it finished pretty strongly.

Jerm
12-07-10, 03:23
I heard they fired all of the writers. I hope it doesn't ruin it.

I'm embarrassed that didn't occur to me.

Seems so obvious now.

ForTehNguyen
12-07-10, 07:31
yea i think you can easily determine pregnancy from a bloodtest.

austinN4
12-07-10, 10:35
For those that missed this short 5 episode series this year - if you have Time Warner (don't know about the others) with digital cable and the cable box, you can go to the ON Demand Channels (in Austin they are the 1000 series) and find the free On Demand TV channels (in Austin it is 1005).

You then need to scroll to the right until you come to AMC, then scroll up or down to select Walking Dead. You will then have access to all 5 shows On Demand for free - each is 45 minutes long with short limited AMC only commercials.

DaBears_85
12-07-10, 12:24

That's what I'm thinking as well. This seems to be the general consensus on the other boards with a similar 'Walking Dead' thread as well. The other popular theory is that she or one of the other members of their group is infected.

I'm embarrassed that didn't occur to me.

Seems so obvious now.

Where did you hear this?

Jerm
12-07-10, 14:01
Where did you hear this?

Um... AOTS on G4 (IIRC).

After just doing a Google search on "walking dead writers fired" it seems that now it's being denied.

HES
12-07-10, 15:03

*********** SPOILER *****************
***DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW***
In the comics it turns out that everyone already has
the microbe / virus / bacteria that turns folks into
Zombies. being bitten is not required to turn into a
zombie. Dying is required. All the zombie bite does
is accelerate death through traumatic wounds. That
is what I think the doctor told him. Remember the
Doc said that the test results held no surprises.
*********** spoiler *****************

Turns out that was a false rumor

Palmguy
12-07-10, 15:33
For those that missed this short 5 episode series this year - if you have Time Warner (don't know about the others) with digital cable and the cable box, you can go to the ON Demand Channels (in Austin they are the 1000 series) and find the free On Demand TV channels (in Austin it is 1005).

You then need to scroll to the right until you come to AMC, then scroll up or down to select Walking Dead. You will then have access to all 5 shows On Demand for free - each is 45 minutes long with short limited AMC only commercials.

Minor point of order...there are six episodes in season 1. I've got 5 left on my DVR to watch if I can get my wife to go do something else (she won't watch it).

austinN4
12-07-10, 16:07
Minor point of order...there are six episodes in season 1.
I though number 5 was the last one. There must be a 1 week delay in them showing up on the ON Demand channel. Good, that means I have one more to see!

Palmguy
12-07-10, 16:30
I though number 5 was the last one. There must be a 1 week delay in them showing up on the ON Demand channel. Good, that means I have one more to see!

Episode listing is here so you can confirm what you have access to right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes

austinN4
12-07-10, 16:33
Episode listing is here so you can confirm what you have access to right now: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Walking_Dead_episodes
Thanks! TW had the last one I saw as Episode # 5 so I am sure I have one more to go. It will no doubt show up ON Demand later this week sometime.

LHS
12-07-10, 19:43

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
In the comic series, Rick never does find out that Lori was unfaithful, or that the baby wasn't his. Then both Lori and the baby get shot by the Governor's men, and it becomes a moot point.

Then again, in the comics, the survivors never go into the CDC at all, and discover that zombie bites aren't necessary for reanimation only after someone dies of natural causes and reanimates anyway. That's when Rick goes back to the campsite to kill Shane's zombified corpse.

I'm also curious to see if they'll have Carl kill Shane in the TV show as they did in the comics.
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------
--------------

ForTehNguyen
07-18-11, 17:19
October, kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmwf_cI8q0

HK51Fan
07-18-11, 18:17
This thread hit my tickle button :D....I'm a sucker for zombies!

Only a few of things i'm scared of in this world, gators/crocs, microbes, and zombies. I feel I can take pretty much anything else. If a good size gator get's you it's over.....it's not like a shark where there's an exploratory bite and then they move off and come back around. a gator gets you and then it doesn't let go....unless they've already killed you and they shove you under a stump or log for a bit.

microbes/virus'.......you can't see em so you can't fight em. If you do fight em they mutate and become stronger the next time.
zombies....they have retard strength (no pain threshold), they never get tired, there is no surrendering to them and as long as people die they're more zombies.....the only way to kill them is to destroy the brain stem, or burn em. Can you imagine how hard it would be to make head shot after head shot....maybe it would be easy for the first 10.....100......1000.....10,000........? what if it's your brother, mother, daughter, girlfriend?:(
And you have to sleep and reload, and mainatain equipment. Perfect Saiga 12 situation!!!

Whoever thought up zombies is a sick puppy because they are the perfect scourge of mankind! :suicide2:

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-18-11, 19:24
Can you imagine how hard it would be to make head shot after head shot....maybe it would be easy for the first 10.....100......1000.....10,000........? what if it's your brother, mother, daughter, girlfriend?:(
And you have to sleep and reload, and mainatain equipment. Perfect Saiga 12 situation!!!

Whoever thought up zombies is a sick puppy because they are the perfect scourge of mankind! :suicide2:

MIL, yes; wife, somedays; girlfriend, never!

22 kit for head shots. , 12ga would be the worst. Slow reload, lots
of powder.

I've been hoping that they would run into a tuned in group kitted out that was just kicking ass and running and gunning.

This and Game of Thr

HK51Fan
07-18-11, 20:17
I see the game of thrones reference near your sig line, if you would have asked me 2 mos ago about this I wouldn't have a clue, but after watching the series I'm a big fan.........I'm a huge fan of the chick playing the albino looking dragon queen! That's some quality stuff brother! ;)

p.s.. THAT'S DRAGON as in mythical flying creature....not DRAG as in make-up with a twig and no berries......:lol:

St.Michael
07-20-11, 19:22
Who actually does follow the comics? I follow them and they are ****ing awesome.

Also I am in search of a walking dead issue 1 so if you have one I would be willing to buy it off you. :

St.Michael
07-20-11, 19:24
October, kids

THAT..........WAS..............AWESOME!

Comics are way better though. Just saying

HK51Fan
07-20-11, 21:57
Who actually does follow the comics? I follow them and they are ****ing awesome.

Also I am in search of a walking dead issue 1 so if you have one I would be willing to buy it off you. :

I think I have issue 1. When the tv show came out last fall I didn't hear that it was based on a comic book until after I watched all of the episodes. I read somewhere that it strayed from the comic book so I bought a few of them. It did stray and the comic is a dit darker, but I'm not really into comic books. Let me see if I can track it down and I'll PM you. I think it's in a pile of mags I was gonna send a buddy of mine over in crakmanistan.....this particular pile has been sitting there for almost a month. This will help me get off my ass and actually get it done!

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-21-11, 07:49
October, kids

Very Cain and Abel.

Moose-Knuckle
07-21-11, 11:31
I've been anticipating the start of season two. Saw the pics released few months back on AMC's site.

ForTehNguyen
07-22-11, 19:31
Season 2 trailer from Comic Con 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2VfABzOsk&feature=player_embedded

HK51Fan
07-23-11, 16:46
Season 2 trailer from Comic Con 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2VfABzOsk&feature=player_embedded

The comic con link has been blocked! What b.s.!!

ForTehNguyen
07-23-11, 16:52
heres a new link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwpkWH0rYnk

or from the official site:
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Moose-Knuckle
07-23-11, 17:15
It is copyrighted. . .

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Edit: Nguyen beat me to it. . .

ForTehNguyen
10-16-11, 12:22
Walking Dead S1 marathon starting 1:30 central today, and season 2 premiere at 8pm central

jmp45
10-16-11, 15:35
I noticed S1 is up for stream at netflix too.

Honu
10-16-11, 23:35

wait till tonight !!!! cause it wont be a dream it will be reality :)

SW-Shooter
10-17-11, 14:58
The first 30 minutes were good, then they wasted an hour on nothingness. But Sunday is saved "if" this season of TWD 2 sucks, we have:

Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Homeland

ALCOAR
10-17-11, 16:03
The first 30 minutes were good, then they wasted an hour on nothingness. But Sunday is saved "if" this season of TWD 2 sucks, we have:

Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Homeland

Homeland is the exact type of garbage Hollywood was making during the retarded Bush years....like Green Zone and Rendition. Quite frankly what little Ive watched offended the hell outta me. I actually thought there would a thread in GD started about this bullshit.

Boardwalk is solid, Dexter sucks ass....and your spot on about how they literally pissed the last hour of TWD away and the last 30minutes of it I timed the commercials to actual show airing time...5min of show, followed by 4 minutes of commercials. I love AMC but that some crooked stuff there.

I also watch all of season one for the first time yesterday as I had never watched the first season. Good show, gritty as hell which is what I think AMC Series pride themselves on. Breaking Bad is downright awesome imho, and only gets better each season.

LHS
10-17-11, 21:28
DOH!!!! I missed the damn premier. Are they going to have an encore showing anytime soon?

Honu
10-17-11, 22:23
knowing them it will be playing all week long 3x a day :)

St.Michael
10-18-11, 12:11
I liked the new episode. Though it was kind weird that only 1 person ran after the girl. We know it had to be Rick. It looks like they are going to follow the comic a little bit by introducing the farm family.

Irish
10-18-11, 18:44
I watched season 1 on Netflix streaming and thought they did a good job. If you like this series I'd suggest checking out Survivors on streaming as well. It's a British TV show that I enjoyed watching, here's a brief description from Wiki:

Set in the present day, the series focuses on a group of ordinary people who survive the aftermath of a devastating viral pandemic – referred to as "European flu" – which kills most of the world's population due to it causing Cytokine Storms in the body's immune system.[4] The series sees the characters struggling against terrible dangers in a world with no society, no police and no law,[5] led by the de facto matriarch of the group, Abby Grant.

Moose-Knuckle
10-19-11, 01:55
I always DVR everthing then watch it so I can FF through the elongated commercials.

*Spoiler Alert*

The show was good but as usual, frustrating. All the stupid ass shit these people do, I swear. I'm glad that Lori told the group to essentially **** off if they don't like the way her husband does things! Though I want to bitch slap her for the way she deals with Shane since they boned. And Andrea, the blonde chic, just needs to go ahead and either kill herself or leave already. Piss moan. . .piss moan.

I'll ride this season out as time permits.

St.Michael
10-22-11, 17:42
I always DVR everthing then watch it so I can FF through the elongated commercials.

*Spoiler Alert*

The show was good but as usual, frustrating. All the stupid ass shit these people do, I swear. I'm glad that Lori told the group to essentially **** off if they don't like the way her husband does things! Though I want to bitch slap her for the way she deals with Shane since they boned. And Andrea, the blonde chic, just needs to go ahead and either kill herself or leave already. Piss moan. . .piss moan.

I'll ride this season out as time permits.

See they really mess with the characters in the book when they do things like this. For instance Andrea is actually really strong in the book and finds that she is an amazing shot with a rifle and that kind of defines her later on down the line. And as for Shane, well some of us know where that was supposed to go but didn't. As they removed a huge part of the story involving Carl also his personality has yet to start to grow in the show and I am hoping they start that soon. I thought he was going to get his first ZOMBIE kill when he reached in for those knives in the truck. But I guess we will have to wait and see. Carl is one of my favorites and that's why I am hoping they do him up a bit more then they did in season 1.

Reagans Rascals
10-22-11, 17:47
Recently watched all of season 1 on Netflix while painting the house and really liked it, except for Michael Rooker... god he gives me gas... just ruins everything he touches.. there's no wonder he's type cast into roles where we're meant to hate him..

Jellybean
10-23-11, 10:20

Damn straight!

(mini spoiler)

I also had a good chuckle at the part with the lady trying to reassemble the Glock with the zombie trying to break into the bathroom. Which had an empty mag, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway if she had figured it out. *Facepalm*
And then the other guy (sorry, I suck at remembering names) has the nerve to talk about them "not having proper training" or some BS. Really? Well get on it already then! It's not like this is day 1 of the zombie apocalypse- by this point they should all have basic functional knowledge of how to use the firearms.... :suicide2:

HK51Fan
10-23-11, 15:29
DOH!!!! I missed the damn premier. Are they going to have an encore showing anytime soon?

If you have time warner cable then you can go to the on demand section and they have it available on demand under the amc ch.

FromMyColdDeadHand
10-23-11, 18:26
I think the imagery of the survivors bludgeoning the zombies is really interesting. The survivors seems almost more violent than the zombies.

Are the 'herds' a phenomena that will continue to be like waves and reinforce and get bigger?

Rider79
10-23-11, 18:42
Are the 'herds' a phenomena that will continue to be like waves and reinforce and get bigger?

If they follow the comic, yes.

a0cake
10-14-12, 19:31
New Season premiers tonight in 30 minutes, FYI.

Honu
10-14-12, 19:58
New Season premiers tonight in 30 minutes, FYI.

read a good article how half way through last season new management took over and they are going to do some things this season that add a new threat besides the zombies ?
maybe other groups of survivors like we got a taste of ?

should be a good season :)

Rider79
10-14-12, 21:10
What's the over/under on how many times they lose Carl in tonight's episode?

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-12, 22:14
read a good article how half way through last season new management took over and they are going to do some things this season that add a new threat besides the zombies ?
maybe other groups of survivors like we got a taste of ?

should be a good season :)

Yes, the Governor and his people. They were the ones in the helo that triggered the herd of walkers to migrate from Atlanta out to the rural communities in season two. At least that is my hypothesis.

Agreed season three should be good, though I was pissed that Hershel got bit. :mad:

ForTehNguyen
10-14-12, 22:22
so if everyone is already infected, what does getting bit by a zombie change exactly? This is a pretty severe technical issue with the plot if you ask me

a0cake
10-14-12, 22:47
so if everyone is already infected, what does getting bit by a zombie change exactly? This is a pretty severe technical issue with the plot if you ask me

I was thinking about that too. You could explain it away by saying that the infection is in a sort of remission or state of dormancy until death, but something about being bitten causes it to activate while the person is still alive, causing a quick death and zombification.

ForTehNguyen
10-14-12, 23:05
the only thing i can think of is the bite gives you an extra dose of the virus that your body cant handle at once and the fever gets you. But if that's the case that would mean minor bites or scratches can potentially be survivable. Each person would have a different threshold on how big of a bite/scratch they can handle. And a dose theory would explain why blood spatter from killing zombies doesnt cause you to turn.

Moose-Knuckle
10-14-12, 23:37
I think we're know more next week when we find out what happens to Hershel since Rick amputated the leg above the bite. If he does not turn then I would say you are correct in that a new bite administers a level of the virus that a living person cannot handle.

Along these lines, I’m also interested to see if Lori’s baby will be born normal or a walker. :eek:

LHS
10-14-12, 23:42
I think we're know more next week when we find out what happens to Hershel since Rick amputated the leg above the bite. If he does not turn then I would say you are correct in that a new bite administers a level of the virus that a living person cannot handle.

Along these lines, I’m also interested to see if Lori’s baby will be born normal or a walker. :eek:

Interesting. In the comics, it was Dale who got bitten and Rick amputated his leg to save him. I was wondering if they were going to find a way to continue that storyline now that Dale died.

HK51Fan
10-15-12, 00:27
I'm glad decided to finally arm them with some better weapons...I was bummed that all they had was some handguns, old 870 pumps( with the exception of the mossy 500)and hunting rifles. I don't think there is a single law enforcement agency that isn't outfitted with AR15's at the very least. In season 1 Rick had access to the armory at the police station and again when they were outside the CDC there we M16s lying around the 50cal emplacement. Just thought it was on obvious oversight. Glad they addressed that issue this season. :smile:

On a different note has anyone checked out Strike Back on Cinemax? Great show and the actors actually seem to know their and weapons and tactics! Worth the watch.....

Jellybean
10-15-12, 09:24
I'm glad decided to finally arm them with some better weapons...

Same here- nothing wrong with good ol' shotgun zombie slaying, but all the times they ran across readily accessible supplies of superior weapons and just ignored them, always provoked an outburst of ranting at the TV. :laugh:

On a different note has anyone checked out Strike Back on Cinemax? Great show and the actors actually seem to know their and weapons and tactics! Worth the watch.....

Yeah- watched through a whole season-marathon last month.
I'm kind of 50/50 on it.
On one hand, it's kind of stupid, and the boobage can get just a little gratuitious at times. Oh alright, maybe not...:D But you know at some points it's just like "ok we get the point- now get back to the mission already".
On the other hand, it's pretty F*cking awesome- it appears they are a little bit of AK fanboys, but at least they seem to act fairly competent (of course, I wouldn't have a clue how they're supposed to act IRL), and the battles are usually about 900 times better then the usual cheesy shit on 'regular' TV, and the lead two characters are pretty badass (not sure I'm sold on the rest, and the leads can get just a teeny bit over the top with the badassery at times).
So yeah, I agree- worth checking out at least one season if one has the means, although it's a case of either you're going to love it or hate it.

Anyway- end of detour.
Back to topic...