PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P15 TS opinions

sgtnato
10-21-10, 06:49
Anyone own one of these models yet? I like the 14.5" 1/7 midlength barrel on this and the rail looks interesting. I have not owned a M&P rifle in the past but thinking hard about one of these.

m4brian
10-21-10, 17:53
I handled one of these up a few weeks ago. It handled like crazy - superb feel in the hands, etc. It was assembled very well. For the money, they ought to provide Troy or YHM sights. 1:7 twist is nice, but again, Smith is considered a good gun, but middle tier here. Barrel steel, bolt, and carrier are not 'milspec', but I think they are nice rifles. Of course you can buy a hole lotta rifle for that price...

jdmassett
10-21-10, 18:15
I've got a S&W M&P15 MOE, the gun is fantastic, I have put a lot of different rounds through it and it eats anything. Great build quality. I'm going to get a M&P 15T and have the barrel shortened to 11.5 by ADCO. The M&P 15T has a free float barrel and troy flip ups. I should have gotten that one first but now I'm looking forward to having a new project gun :p

Can't say enough good things about what Smith and Wesson have done bringing their AR's to market. Great guns. There was a great article that I read post my first M&P purchase but it should give you an idea of what you're getting into:
http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_reviews/swmp15_121906/

Let me know if I can answer any specific questions, you'll like the M&P if you go with it.