PDA

View Full Version : SA SOCOM 16 bipod and Foregrip options

masakari
10-21-10, 10:21
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/madcatjoe/Guns%20and%20Gear/0418001545.jpg
I'm currently running with a grippod on my SOCOM, and I'm thinking about moving to an AFG2 or a VFG of some sort with a bipod mounted forward on the side rails or the bottom rail. Does anyone here have any pictures or suggestions for me? I'm looking for lightweight and low profile mostly. This is not meant to be a tack driver.
Thanks!
-Joe

KACVESKE
10-22-10, 11:46
can go wrong with any harris bipod. The harris 9 with knotched legs is where its at

masakari
10-22-10, 20:41
Well attatching a harris to the segment of rail that I have up front is a bit clumsy, I tried. Is there a better way?

Cobra66
10-25-10, 12:15
Other than add weight, what is it that you think a bipod will do for you with this rifle? You already said that it isn't meant to be a tack driver and at the range this rifle is optimal for, a bipod isn't going to be all that useful (my opinion).

I would either stay with your grip pod or look at seeing if one of the old GI bipods that attach to the gas system will fit with your forward rails (I'm guessing probably not).

I guess I'm not seeing the advantage of putting a bipod on a CQB rifle :confused:

It is nice looking though.

Maybe those guys on the M14 forum can point you in the right direction. :confused:

OutlawDon
10-25-10, 15:53
What scope is that?

BigBoss0311
10-25-10, 17:34
TangoDown Advanced Combat Bipod with your choice of grip.