PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Comp 14.5 Middy with RISII

Pappabear
10-21-10, 15:45
I am a "C" hair away form ordering one of these uppers. I am going to get it with the Battle Comp 1.5 Perm attached.

I know it will be very good. But as a devils advocates: any reason you would not go this route. My area of lack of knowledge is the rail. I called DD and talked to the rep. I have three DD rails but no RISII's.

Also, I am getting two of my lowers registered for SBR's. Would you wait and not get the Perm attached on your 14.5 middy. And just get the battle comp 1.0? My other lower will sport a 10.5 or 11.5 etc.

Failure2Stop
10-21-10, 16:18
I have a RIS II and really like it.
It has a good feel in the hand wirh SCAR rail covers.
I saw a report of a bent lower rail from bipod use, but I have not had any issues.

bkb0000
10-21-10, 16:22
I have a RIS II and really like it.
It has a good feel in the hand wirh SCAR rail covers.
I saw a report of a bent lower rail from bipod use, but I have not had any issues.

DD actually got a few back with bent lower rails, and last i heard, which was a while ago, they've since redesigned and beefed them up. i know my RIS II M4A1 FSB lacked not from beefiness.

Iraqgunz
10-21-10, 16:48
Pappabear,

Since you are in AZ I highly encourage you to go with a 14.5" SBR or get the 16". I wouldn't pin that upper with a BC.

I like the BC 100%. I am simply talking about doing the pinning.

Stickman
10-21-10, 17:19
I am a "C" hair away form ordering one of these uppers.

Great rail, nice feel, I would wait and go the SBR route.

m249saw
10-21-10, 19:44
Same setup will be the alternate upper on my 10.5" Mk18 Mod 1 SBR clone (until I Form 1 another lower)

Short and long RIS IIs, mmmmmmm.

Pappabear
10-21-10, 22:37
Pappabear,

Since you are in AZ I highly encourage you to go with a 14.5" SBR or get the 16". I wouldn't pin that upper with a BC.

I like the BC 100%. I am simply talking about doing the pinning.

I am glad I asked. Iraqgunz & Stickman keeping me down the right path. That way, when I get some cans, I will have options. I am going to cut my Noveske 14.5 down and de-pinn as well.