PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton Lost Nuclear Launch Codes For "Months"

Safetyhit
10-22-10, 12:50
You have to read it to believe it. Still, even then...

"Oops! Did Pres. Clinton Misplace Nuclear Codes? Ex Joint Chief Chairman Says Launch Codes Went Missing for "Months" in 2000; Older Book Made Similar Allegation"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/22/national/main6981608.shtml?tag=stack

VooDoo6Actual
10-22-10, 12:58
Anybody truthfully surprised ?

I'm NOT in the least.

I'm of the belief that we we have some people whom are grossly incompetent people at the helm w/o a doubt in my mind.

Moose-Knuckle
10-22-10, 14:26
Not surprised in the least the football went missing under Clintons watch. He probably "lost" it while in China. . . :mad:

Thomas M-4
10-22-10, 15:42
No surprise here :rolleyes:
I bet he never lost a female's phone number.

Spooky130
10-22-10, 17:15
At least he didn't use it like his cigars!!!

Safetyhit
10-22-10, 17:52
Anybody truthfully surprised ?

Yes, I for one very much am. We aren't talking about a simple classified document or a misplaced cell phone, you know the importance of these codes. And hell, I feel guilty if I don't remember the exact location of my handgun at all times during the day. Just having to second guess for even a moment makes me feel very displeased.

And ok, maybe for an hour, perhaps somehow for a day. But untold months? If there were ever a definition for criminal neglect, this is it.

We should have thrown that idiot in the trash in '96.

Skyyr
10-22-10, 18:03
Why is anyone surprised? It's not like he would have ever used them them in the first place. :sarcastic:

VooDoo6Actual
10-22-10, 18:16
Yes, I for one very much am. We aren't talking about a simple classified document or a misplaced cell phone, you know the importance of these codes. And hell, I feel guilty if I don't remember the exact location of my handgun at all times during the day. Just having to second guess for even a moment makes me feel very displeased.

And ok, maybe for an hour, perhaps somehow for a day. But untold months? If there were ever a definition for criminal neglect, this is it.

We should have thrown that idiot in the trash in '96.

Yep, 110% in agreement.

rubberneck
10-22-10, 19:05
What a poorly written story. He didn't lose the codes but rather the card that opened the briefcase that contained the launch codes. I am sure if we were under the threat of nuclear attack they would have found a way to crack open the briefcase to get the actual codes to the President. Still somewhat surprising but considering the disdain Clinton had for the military it probably shouldn't be.

The biscuit is used to open the briefcase - known as "the football" - that contains launching orders and communication equipment.