PDA

View Full Version : What barrel nut torque on DD Lite Rail for best accuracy?

Jinete_Palido
10-22-10, 15:57
Getting ready to install a DD Lite Rail on a DPMS pattern .308 build I have going. I think I recall someone talking about what torque value they use when trying to maximize accuracy with this setup, since with the DD Lite rails you don't have to worry about lining up the gas tube with one of the gaps on the barrel nut. The instructions state that 60 to 75 foot pounds is appropriate, but is it better for accuracy to go for the lower or higher end of that range? Or is that not enough of a range to matter much one way or the other? Or is it one of those things that every barrel is a law unto itself and some may like more torque and some may like less?

Sorry, probably I am asking a question akin to how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but I thought I would throw it out there for those of you who have more experience with this rail system. Thanks.

m249saw
10-22-10, 16:04
GotM4 torques his to 70ft/lbs I think. That is what Im going to do mine at on my Mk18 RIS rail

Hmac
10-22-10, 16:07
I can't imagine it makes any difference to accuracy. My DD Lite 9.0 is on an SBR so accuracy wasn't my primary concern...I set the torque wrench to 70 ft-lbs.

Iraqgunz
10-22-10, 17:59
I don't torque mine and my SBR is still shooting better than most other peoples AR's.

kartoffel
10-22-10, 19:21
I torqued my 5.56 with lite rail to 55 ft-lbs and it shoots just fine. Is there a different torque spec for .308 uppers? Might want to confirm that before final assembly.