PDA

View Full Version : I consider myself a patient man...but c'mon Magpul. RSA?

RadioActivity
10-22-10, 23:18
Yes, there is zero constructive purpose to this thread. I stepped away from firearms for a short while, to entertain other hobbies. I return, many months later to find both the RSA and MS3 are still not released.

It boggles my mind that a single piece of static plastic (RSA) and an MS2 with different hardware sewn into it (MS3) take this long to get to the market. Sheesh. I was patient about the ACR, the BAD, and any number of other neato Magpul products, but damn... Really frustrating. I wouldn't really mind the MS3 as the MS2 functions fine for me, EXCEPT a feature of the sling is not usable (2pt functionality) until the damn RSA comes out (or I buy a stop gap band aid in the mean time). I like the MS2 a lot but trekking around Arizona mountains having the rifle in hand the whole time
is a bit aggrevating and pushes me to use a sling that I wouldn't otherwise.

I suppose I just wanted to vent. I am glad to see they finally got MOE handguards in mid length out to the masses, as well as the AFG2 to be used with proper rail covers...how about the rest of the little stuff now. Before we know it SHOT will be upon us and there will be a whole slew of NEW things to look forward to for a year+.

devildogljb
10-23-10, 02:39
things take time, id rather they take their time develop their products Espically when some people depend if not all of us our lives on them. Theres alot of companies who rush out their products with out proper testing and research. Magpul is known for their outstanding products and im sure they would like to keep it that way. One bad product can turn alot of people away from the company.

ronbo603
10-23-10, 03:23
The RSA I handled at Shot and as per the 2010 catalog are steel vs. plastic and you can pre-order them now through Brownells due in late November as per their website.
I haven't heard about the updated sling. Perhaps they offer them to the guys out forward first.
I'm fairly certain most of us would be slightly irritated if, for example, a BAD failed while firing up some bad actors. I'm for thoroughly wringing out the gear and combat testing it prior to acquiring it for myself.
Nevertheless, patience is not my forte and I would like one of the updated slings myself.

jaxman7
10-23-10, 03:59
Unfortunately waiting is the name of the game with new Magpul parts but as previously mentioned they are worth the wait. Here is another option if you can find one.
http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/DD-7300.aspx

Its a rail sling attachment made by Daniel Defense. I bought mine from DSG about a year and a half ago. As per the usual being from DD it is well made and robust. I checked on their website and I don't see it offered and it is back ordered @ DSG as of now. Might want to give the manufacturer a call and see if its been discontinued. Here are some crappy cell phone pics of mine.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20101023_033934.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20101023_033906.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/IMG_20101023_033815.jpg

UDT
10-23-10, 09:27
You can pre-order them from Brownells now, with shipping expected mid to late November.

Sorry, ronbo603 did not notice this in your post.

Titleist
10-23-10, 09:32
I used one most of last weekend, they're damn nice. I didn't think I'd see the value in one, but I gotta say, very nice. The MS3 sling is really slick as well.

jaxman7
10-23-10, 10:31
Titleist,

What are the main changes done to improve upon the MS2? Thicker material less prone to twisting and fraying? Hardware changes? Thanks,

-Jax

Titleist
10-23-10, 10:38
Mostly hardware changes. The snapshackle is gone, and the lock jaw has been made to be MUCH easier to use, it's now very fast.

TehLlama
10-23-10, 10:50
I'm glad to hear that the unicorn farm is still cranking out the small numbers.

Any substantive changes from the CAD renderings from Shot09 or the existing PTS models that you noticed?

jaxman7
10-23-10, 10:56
I gotcha and thanks for the heads up! I really wish Magpul would come out with a padded version. That thing likes to dig after a couple of hours.

-Jax

Mostly hardware changes. The snapshackle is gone, and the lock jaw has been made to be MUCH easier to use, it's now very fast.

Belmont31R
10-23-10, 11:11
Ive said before on here I like Magpul stuff as much as anyone but do not get yourself wondering when a new product is going to come out. I try to forget about the stuff until I see a release announcement.

The UBR took about 3 years...

Titleist
10-23-10, 11:48
I gotcha and thanks for the heads up! I really wish Magpul would come out with a padded version. That thing likes to dig after a couple of hours.

-Jax

Chris and Travis will tell you straight up that the MS2/MS3 isn't built for comfort, it's built to facilitate fast shoulder switching and mobility in awkward positions. It's not padded, frankly if you're just letting a sling hang off your shoulders then the MS2/3 wouldn't be the right sling for you. I ran my VTAC on my SR-25 for a while, but for a class like MD, the MD sling works best.

nickdrak
10-23-10, 11:53
I really like, or love most every new item that MagPul brings to market, and while some of their kit may not work for evryone, I will work for some people.

However, I am also dissapointed that it has taken them soo long to release the frikken' RSA. It is something that should have been released in-conjunction with their MS2/ASAP sling system. It does look like they are just around the corner as Brownells has started advertising their pre-order for the RSA.

I have also been running the DD front sling loop as pictured above (but without the giant thumb screw), and it works perfectly in this application, but it is frikken' huge. I believe Del-Ton still has some of the DD front sling loops in-stock if anyone is looking.

peabody
10-23-10, 12:19
are the rifle length MOE handguards out yet ?

BSmith
10-23-10, 12:50
My guess on the MS3 sling is they are waiting for their distributors/retailers to get rid of some MS2s before they drop a product that might really slow down those sales.

Titleist
10-23-10, 13:34
My guess on the MS3 sling is they are waiting for their distributors/retailers to get rid of some MS2s before they drop a product that might really slow down those sales.

It has more to do with them still T&E'ing it from what Chris/Travis/Steve indicated. Better right, then rushed.

Stickman
10-23-10, 14:03
A thread to complain that people don't have a product that is still in development? Come on guys, this place is better than this.

I forgot what board I was on for a minute.

Fireglock
10-23-10, 15:54
A thread to complain that people don't have a product that is still in development? Come on guys, this place is better than this.

Maybe they shouldn't announce and catalog a product that's still in development, what 10 months early? And with all due respect I don't see any gears wheels or timing issues to resolve.

I don't work for Magpul, they make some neat shit but they need to get their development/advertising/production in tune.

superchi
10-23-10, 16:04

What do you expect when someone posts about a Magpul Product that hasn't been released yet?

It's like listening to a bunch of children whine about shit.

Maybe they shouldn't announce and catalog a product that's still in development, what 10 months early? And with all due respect I don't see any gears wheels or timing issues to resolve.

I don't work for Magpul, they make some neat shit but they need to get their development/advertising/production in tune.

Sounds like you should start your own company and show them how it's done.

Fireglock
10-23-10, 16:53
Sounds like you should start your own company and show them how it's done.

Oh my, I now feel properly reprimanded. Do you work for Magpul too?

In truth if Stickman hadn't inserted himself in this thread I would never have posted. His close association to Magpul made his post even more TOS appropriate. His comment was not what I would have expected from a man of his standing. That's all I have to say on this.

Belmont31R
10-23-10, 17:58

People are just getting anxious waiting for stuff that seemingly takes Magpul forever to come out with, and you have to know Magpul is notoriously slow in bringing products out. People want to buy their stuff but may look elsewhere if a product like a sling attachment is going to take years, and people have no idea how long the wait will be. If someone is waiting on Magpul because they want their product they have the right to ask about it. Its our money going to the company after all, and if a company doesn't want to release products in a timely manner then people will simply look elsewhere for a product. We are the consumers here, and I don't owe them a thing including not speaking about their customer support just because its Magpul. They don't do anything for me except offer products I may want to buy, and part of being a consumer if finding out when a product may be able to be purchased, how the company treats customers, ect. Capitalism is a two way street, and Im not going to elevate anyone that wants MY business (money) to some level where they cannot be talked about unless its nothing but praise. Frankly Ive gotten to the point I couldn't care less when they come out with something new. If Im need of a product Im not going to wait on them. Either its for sale or its not. If they want to take 5 years to develop a simple product then thats 5 years of lost sales. I don't know why anyone waits on them.

To be honest Im not sure why lately people get jumped on because they have questions about a particular company or person. Ive seen it twice this week already, and people come here as consumers to ask about certain products, companies, ect. Thats how our economic system works. Consumers get to talk about their experiences with companies, talk about their products, discuss amongst themselves what to buy, ect. Maybe Im mistaken about this board but I dont think it serves solely as a fluff forum for a certain few companies and individuals. If it had been UTG being asked about a few of the responses would have been very different.

Hmac
10-23-10, 18:11
To be honest Im not sure why lately people get jumped on because they have questions about a particular company or person. Ive seen it twice this week already, and people come here as consumers to ask about certain products, companies, ect. Thats how our economic system works. Consumers get to talk about their experiences with companies, talk about their products, discuss amongst themselves what to buy, ect. Maybe Im mistaken about this board but I dont think it serves solely as a fluff forum for a certain few companies and individuals. If it had been UTG being asked about a few of the responses would have been very different.

Yes.

/

superchi
10-24-10, 01:41

In truth if Stickman hadn't inserted himself in this thread I would never have posted. His close association to Magpul made his post even more TOS appropriate. His comment was not what I would have expected from a man of his standing. That's all I have to say on this.

You obviously don't know what the difference between a reprimand and a suggestion is.

But please, try again.

sweatpants
10-24-10, 02:17

In truth if immature retards hadn't inserted themselves in this forum I would never have posted. Their close association to BARFCOM has made their posts even less TOS appropriate. Every post I've seen regarding "where is my tactical shoe, wrist band, or hat" is not what I would have expected from people who apparently own weapons. That's all I have to say on this.

devildogljb
10-24-10, 02:32
this thread needs to be closed its getting out of hand. Theres no need to be going after each other

rob_s
10-24-10, 05:42
As a consumer, I would also prefer that companies not show items that they aren't ready to produce yet. Magpul does seem to be particularly bad about this as there are products I saw at SHOT 2009 that haven't hit shelves yet and we're rapidly approaching SHOT 2011. IMHO this is not an ideal way to release product.

However, from their perspective it's genius marketing. Showing items well before they are ready for prime time, releasing them for photo ops and appearances in class AARs, etc. keeps people constantly going back looking to see if their dream piece is out yet, and in the meantime buying another Magpul product while they wait.

The situation, as bad as I think it is personally, really does showcase Magpul's innovation though. The MOE handguards have been out for what, 3 years now since first showing? Certainly at least 2, and nobody else in the industry has stepped up and produced a viable alternative in that time. Same can be said for the RSA that is the subject of this thread (I know, I've been looking for an alternate, and everything people send me links to as potential alternates are not the same). They did get bit in the ass a little bit with the BAD levers when Travis handed out some prototypes and folks started posting pictures (myself included) on the internet and various copies started showing up, but they kind of nipped that when the production BAD showed up at half the price of the copies.

Like I said, I'd personally rather people show me things they're actually ready to sell me, not something I might, maybe, be able to purchase 2+ years later, but I understand why they do what they do from a marketing standpoint.

htxred
10-24-10, 15:01

i know right.

what are you, a development/advertising/production expert?

im going to assume that everyone in this thread is an adult in real life.. lets act our age..

JSantoro
10-25-10, 13:40
Yes, there is zero constructive purpose to this thread. I stepped away from firearms for a short while, to entertain other hobbies.

First sentence: wholeheartedly agreed, and yet you started a thread, anyway.....interesting choice.

Magpul's plan in no way is required to reflect your own.

JSantoro
10-25-10, 14:35
2nd attempt....