PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Ranges in Northern VA?

Citpitch02
07-24-07, 21:06
I have been looking for a place to stretch out my AR and my Remington model 700 in NOVA with no luck. If anybody knows some public ranges in the area I'd love to hear about 'em!

Regards,

T.W.

1SFG
07-27-07, 15:27
how much stretching room do you need? have you tried the NRA range off 50 East and Waples Mill Rd? Otherwise, depending on whether you meet the requirements, link up with the Quantico Shooting Club.

Sidewinder6
07-27-07, 16:06
I have been looking for a place to stretch out my AR and my Remington model 700 in NOVA with no luck. If anybody knows some public ranges in the area I'd love to hear about 'em!

Regards,

T.W.

What ever happened to the HK range in Stirling?

blueoctober
07-27-07, 22:55
Try Clark Brothers in Warrenton, VA. It is on Rt 29/211 about 40 minutes from Fairfax. It has 100, 50 and 25 yd. ranges. It is free but you must buy the ammo from them.

325italy
07-28-07, 02:15
You can also try Izaac Walton. Just follow the link.

http://www.loudouniwla.org/sight-in_regs.html

Robb Jensen
07-28-07, 07:15
Definately check out the Quantico Shooting Club (www.quanticoshootingclub.com).

Range 305 (500yds) there is open most weekends. Range 4 (1000yds) is open about once a month.

Citpitch02
07-29-07, 19:35
Any requirements for Quantico? I'm a FLEO so I wouldn't think I would have any issues. It would also be closest to my location.

Thanks!

Pat_Rogers
07-29-07, 19:39
Go to www.quanticoshootingclub.com for more.
The club is administered by the Marine Corps, and the membership rules are listed below.

Join Quantico Shooting Club
According to the Quantico Shooting Club by-laws, the Board of Directors may approve Quantico Shooting Club, Inc membership for U.S. citizens, who are legally eligible to possess or use firearms (individually or with adult supervision), in the following categories:

Regular. Any member of the Marines, Armed Forces, Regular, Reserve or Retired, or any dependent family member of the same, or any DOD employee or retiree. Former POWs, Purple Heart recipients, and veterans who served in combat zones, who are not eligible to become regular members, will be considered regular members for the purpose of holding office and voting. However, these members will not be considered military or DoD members for Club ratio purposes. Members must be stationed or reside within a radius of sixty (60) miles of Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia . Regular membership in the QSC, Inc may not be extended beyond the general vicinity of Quantico.

Associate. Any person (civilian) who is sponsored by a regular member, approved by the Board of Directors and has paid the prescribed dues. Civilians may join the Club but their membership cannot equal more than 1/3 of the total Club membership. Members must work or reside within a radius of sixty (60) miles of Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia . Civilian membership in the QSC, Inc may not be extended beyond the general vicinity of Quantico.

Junior. Any person who has not reached their 18th birthday, and is sponsored by a parent or legal guardian who is a regular or associate member in good standing. The same civilian membership limitations apply to this category.

Membership Ratio. According to our bylaws, Quantico Shooting Club must maintain a ratio of two-thirds Regular Members to one-third Associate Members. The Operations Officer manages this ratio and processes associate membership applications when positions become available. If positions are unavailable, the Operations Officer adds associate members applications to the waiting list based on the date and time of receipt.

Citpitch02
07-30-07, 09:55
Thanks Pat, as always you seem to have all the answers! I'll contact them ASAP!

T.W.

Pat_Rogers
07-30-07, 17:32
Thanks- i try...
Lemme' know if you need any help with it.

themadhatter
07-31-07, 04:55
Try Clark Brothers in Warrenton, VA. It is on Rt 29/211 about 40 minutes from Fairfax. It has 100, 50 and 25 yd. ranges. It is free but you must buy the ammo from them.:confused: and pay you will. don't waste your time the place sucks

Robb Jensen
07-31-07, 06:05
:confused: and pay you will. don't waste your time the place sucks

You have to buy their targets and ammo. And pray that you don't get muzzle swept by the 'tards. I'm just amazed they haven't had someone killed their yet.

Citpitch02
08-10-07, 09:13
Tried contacting QSC about membership and have yet to recieve a reply. It's been almost two weeks. Anybody have any ideas on why they've failed to respond?

RocketFuel
08-10-07, 13:14
Tried contacting QSC about membership and have yet to recieve a reply. It's been almost two weeks. Anybody have any ideas on why they've failed to respond?

Contact John Murphy, he's the president of Quantico. He's a good guy.
http://www.fpftraining.com
(703) 609-6350
john@fpftraining.com

Citpitch02
08-11-07, 10:39
Thanks Rocket, I'll get right on it.