PDA

View Full Version : Stock G19 Front Sight Height & Width?

VA_Dinger
07-25-07, 16:20
What is the height & width of a stock G19’s front sight? Do any of the aftermarket rear sights require a different height front sight (Trijicon, Novak, Heinie, Warren Tactical, ETC.)?

Sam
07-25-07, 16:46
I can't speak for other manufacturers but Heinie rear sight requires a Heinie front post, usually sold as a set. But for a G19, sometimes it requires a different heighth front than the one that comes with the Heinie set. If that's the case, call Sara Davis at Heinie and she'll send you the "other" front sight in exchange for what came in the set.

the1911fan
07-25-07, 18:24
Height .160" +/- .005 and after measuring two Glocks the width I came up with is .160"

Std. Rear sight height is .256"

DamnYank!
07-27-07, 14:40
from what i ran into when G19 sight shopping, almost all new rear sights require a different (typically taller) front sight.

i believe the Yost set (which i am running now) is VERY close to stock heights, and the Meprolights as well.

my fav sight picture so far is the Warren Tacticals... sights were just a bit sharp for me (due to positioning on the slide and how i want to be able to carry at times)