PDA

View Full Version : Rob Haught 2-Day Tactical Shotgun Class - March 26-27, 2011 - Chino, CA

VA_Dinger
10-25-10, 06:35
Rob Haught 2-Day Tactical Shotgun Class - March 26-27, 2011 - Chino, CA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/RobHaughtShotgunClassTD19-12-090-3.jpg

Rob Haught is a veteran law enforcement officer with nearly 20 years experience as a Patrol Officer, Chief of Police and Chief Deputy Sheriff in West Virginia. Rob is an accomplished competitive shooter with numerous National, Regional and State championships under his belt. Rob is a respected instructor for Federal, State and Local LE agencies. While best known as an innovative tactical shotgun instructor, Rob also offers programs in handgun, sub machinegun and carbine and is a consultant to the firearms industry and corporate security. Rob's unique Push/Pull Shotgun Method garnered him press in the 2004 Combat Tactics Magazine, and has been previously adopted into the standard training curriculum of a major federal agency's regional SWAT teams and their national team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:

www.greygrouptraining.com

Rob Haught 2-Day Tactical Shotgun Class - March 26-27, 2011 - Chino, CA

This course primarily focuses on the Push/Pull method of recoil control. Using his unique method of recoil management, the student will be able to reduce felt recoil by nearly 50% and be able to fire follow-up shots with a 12 gauge pump shotgun as fast as most shooters can fire their pistols. The student will also be introduced to the shotgun CQB technique, which effectively shortens the weapon by 33%, making it effective even in extremely tight quarters. Other topics include, marksmanship fundamentals, patterning zones, ammunition selection, tactical manipulation, equipment selection, low light considerations, malfunction clearances, pistol transitions, pivots/turns, and shooting on the move.

Instructor: Rob Haught

Class Dates: March 26-27, 2011

Cost: $400

Range facilities:

Prado Olympic Shooting Park
17501 Pomona Rincon Rd.
Chino, CA., 91708

Range Website:
www.shootprado.com

Class Weapon & Gear Requirements:
- Reliable duty shotgun
- Eye and ear protection
- Dump Pouch or shell belt
- Shooting gloves
- Duty pistol and holster
- Clothing suitable for range work.
- Kneepads

- Ammunition Requirements;
500 Birdshot
60 Buckshot
20 Slug
50 Pistol

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3612/RH-2-dsh-Day-Tactical-Shotgun/Detail.bok

[bIf you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;[/b]
training@greygrouptraining.com

VA_Dinger
03-23-11, 11:32
Last call for a few open seats in Rob’s world-class shotgun class. If you are interested in signing up please feel free to do so. You can either sign-up directly off our website or contact Sarah (help@greygrouptraining.com).

As always if anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me or Sarah. We are always glad to help.
Thanks,

Paul

Rob Haught
03-30-11, 15:15
Just wanted to say thank you to Chen Lee and the Grey Group crew for all the help with this program. It went off very smoothly and the weather cooperated to make this a very enjoyable weekend. I always enjoy coming out to SoCal and look forward to the next one.

Rob

Buck
03-30-11, 16:16
Just wanted to say thank you to Chen Lee and the Grey Group crew for all the help with this program. It went off very smoothly and the weather cooperated to make this a very enjoyable weekend. I always enjoy coming out to SoCal and look forward to the next one.

Rob

Rob,

It was great see you... I had a blast at the class and I am looking forwrd to your next trip out west... For any who missed it, if you any ideas about using a shotgun for serious social work, you really need to attend one of Rob's classes...

B

Rob Haught
03-30-11, 16:35
Thanks Buck,

One of the things I enjoy most about travelling and teaching is the good folks I meet. I really like meeting other Officers and exchanging stories about our work. Big or Small we all do the same jobs it seems and the Brotherhood goes on. Thanks for the tales about your neck of the woods!

Rob

RV4021
03-30-11, 17:24
Rob,

Thank you for putting on such a great program. This was my first formal shotgun class other than the academy and in-service training. Like the saying goes "You don't know what you don't know" or something like that. It was a huge eye opener and the lessons learned will be passed on at upcoming range days. Lastly thank you for the gift. I have been laid up since the class (major head cold) but when I get back to the PD I am going to return the favor. BTW not in the West Virginian way either:D

Buck,

It was a pleasure as always to shoot with you. I look forward to more range time in the future.

To all of the other guys who I met, you guys are true shooters and gentlemen. (Bob, Mike, Mark, Tim, Chen, and the rest of the crew)

Robert

Shooter172
03-31-11, 23:30
Rob,

Thank you for putting on such a great program. This was my first formal shotgun class other than the academy and in-service training. Like the saying goes "You don't know what you don't know" or something like that. It was a huge eye opener and the lessons learned will be passed on at upcoming range days. Lastly thank you for the gift. I have been laid up since the class (major head cold) but when I get back to the PD I am going to return the favor. BTW not in the West Virginian way either:D

Buck,

It was a pleasure as always to shoot with you. I look forward to more range time in the future.

To all of the other guys who I met, you guys are true shooters and gentlemen. (Bob, Mike, Mark, Tim, Chen, and the rest of the crew)

Robert

Rob, what a great course... You make all the carbine peeps think about shotgun again... I wish we had four days instead of two...

Buck - You're a shooter. It was awesome watching you go to town...

Robert - Man you know how that baby works!!!

Some of my best training is watching how everyone else rolls with it. What a great class!

Paul - you nailed another one!!!

Chen and the rest - awesome. I had a blast!

BT

bigfoote1
04-02-11, 18:32
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if Mr. Haught did any intro level shotgun classes and if so, does he ever do them in the west Tennessee area? Thanks for any info.

mdain
04-03-11, 23:57
Rob, Buck, and RV,

I had a great time shooting with you guys. Rob, watching and listening to your technique was a real eye opener. I'm not sure how many rounds we went through, but several of us joked that West Virginia math is a little off. "Bring about 25 rounds for this drill," actually means bring 50+. Two days of hard shotgunning with no fatigue and no bruises! Who'd a thunk?

I'm looking forward to your next trip out here.

Rob Haught
04-04-11, 09:35
Mark;

Thats because i didnt take my shoes off to count! Glad you enjoyed the class and it was a pleasure having you in the program. Im looking forward to getting back out to SoCal soon.

Rob

VA_Dinger
04-04-11, 11:25
Sounds like another awesome Rob Haught shotgun class! :D

We need to get an actual AAR started so I can post the pictures.

Paul