PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - Aug 20-21, 2011 - Chino, CA.

VA_Dinger
10-26-10, 10:03
Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - Aug 20-21, 2011 - Chino, CA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r147/VickersTactical/LAVAK1.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical AK Operators Class - Aug 20-21, 2011 - Chino, CA.

Topics covered include safety, stance, zeroing for iron sights and optics, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their carbine includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development of the AK and variations, as well as suggested modifications.

Must shoot an AK or AK variant (AK-47, AKM-47, AK-74, Galil, Valmet, VZ 58 style rifles, etc.)

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: Aug 20-21, 2011

Cost: $450

Range facilities:

Prado Olympic Shooting Park
17501 Pomona Rincon Rd.
Chino, CA., 91708

Range website:
www.shootprado.com

Gear requirements:

- Eye protection
- Electronic hearing protection
- Serviceable handgun (For transition training) of at least 9mm
- Ammunition required: 800 rifle, 150 pistol
- Minimum four (4) high capacity AK mags
- Minimum two (2) handgun mags
- Chest pouch to hold 3-4 AK mags would be “Nice” – LAV quote
- Handgun mag pouch - Ability to carry a spare pistol mag on body.
- Serviceable AK sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
- Suitable handgun holster
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Rifles zeroed at 100 meters.
- Good attitude.

***There are no pre-requisites for this course. It can be your very first class. As a matter of fact if you are familiar with AK’s at all, you will probably be ahead of the curve. That being said this is not a beginner class either, in Larry's words "This class will knock their socks off"***

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3614/LAV-2-dsh-Day-AK-Operator/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

VA_Dinger
05-19-11, 21:49
FYI: We are down to just the last few open seats for this class. It is the only West coast Vickers Tactical AK class for 2011. If you are interested in attending please feel free to do so. As always if you have any questions about the class specifics or about signing up please let me know. I am always glad to help.

Class sponsors U.S. Palm (plate carrier with a set of their level 4 multi hit plates), Tango Down (AK Battlegrip, TD rail panels, VFGs), and Midwest Industries (AK rails, sling swivels and other MI accessories) are supplying class prizes.

ChocLab
05-20-11, 19:18
I just signed up for the class.

Just curious; what is the approximate class size when full?

rojocorsa
05-21-11, 01:12
Will there be chances like these again in the future?

I don't have the means to make it to this one, but I may be able to do by next year or two.

Thanks
Rojo

VA_Dinger
05-24-11, 11:29
I just signed up for the class.

Just curious; what is the approximate class size when full?

Welcome aboard Choclab,

We will end up at sixteen students.

VA_Dinger
06-08-11, 07:51
Will there be chances like these again in the future?

I don't have the means to make it to this one, but I may be able to do by next year or two.

Thanks
Rojo

I see no reason why not.

Just give us a few months, then check for the 2012 schedule.

Shark
06-24-11, 20:02
Hey Paul,

Just signed up, and ironically, just bought a AKMS Polish underfolder. So, ya I bought an AK just to attend this course! :P I can't wait!

Mark

VA_Dinger
06-29-11, 14:06
Hey Paul,

Just signed up, and ironically, just bought a AKMS Polish underfolder. So, ya I bought an AK just to attend this course! :P I can't wait!

Mark

Welcome aboard Mark, you are in for one hell of a class. :D

VA_Dinger
08-19-11, 11:46
This class kicks off tomorrow morning at 08:30. Everyone should have been sent the start times, required gear & equipment list, lodging suggestions, restaurant suggestions, directions, etc.

If not, please let me know or email Sarah; help@greygrouptraining.com

Have a great class.

Paul

96 SS
08-22-11, 14:23
Waiting for AAR and pics from this one!

JohnnyRambo
08-23-11, 09:41
Looking forward to seeing the pics from this one too!!!

Please PM me a link to any photos/AAR's, thanks...

Peshawar
08-23-11, 10:26
It was a fantastic experience. Just a great group of guys, and everyone helped each other get the most out of the class. It's already one of my favorites memories!

Extra huge thanks to Larry Vickers. You are the man. Thank you, Sir!

- Stuart

VA_Dinger
08-24-11, 10:18
I cannot wait to read your AAR's.

I know the photos should be awesome as well.

Shark
08-24-11, 21:42
There's a sort of AAR on FB, mostly pics. Then another on Calguns. Great class and a lot of fun.