PDA

View Full Version : Nephew (Army) was shot yesterday in A-stan... Armor saves his life!

Rmplstlskn
10-26-10, 20:44
My nephew is a turret gunner in those big a$$ trucks in Afganistan. Besides having his truck blown up twice by an IED this year he was just shot in the chest yesterday while up top and his personal armor saved his life... He is badly bruised and sore, but they returned fire and took care of them. An Afgan driver in the convoy was not so lucky, got shot in the face, from jaw through to the neck, but lived.

He cannot comment much about things, but it sounds like things are going downhill over there and picking up...

I hope and pray he makes it out of that place, that we do whatever is needed to win quickly and decisively, and get the hell home...

Rmpl

militarymoron
10-26-10, 20:50
wow - that could have turned out a lot worse a few inches higher. glad it wasn't. i hope he comes home safe.

JackOSU
10-26-10, 20:51
My nephew is a turret gunner in those big a$$ trucks in Afganistan. Besides having his truck blown up twice by an IED this year he was just shot in the chest yesterday while up top and his personal armor saved his life... He is badly bruised and sore, but they returned fire and took care of them. An Afgan driver in the convoy was not so lucky, got shot in the face, from jaw through to the neck, but lived.

He cannot comment much about things, but it sounds like things are going downhill over there and picking up...

I hope and pray he makes it out of that place, that we do whatever is needed to win quickly and decisively, and get the hell home...

Rmpl

Glad to hear that he is doing well. He and those who serve and have served before are what is good in America. They are one of the few things that keeps my faith in this country.

ccoker
10-26-10, 20:52
God bless him....

SeriousStudent
10-26-10, 20:56
Prayers sent for a brave young man.

500grains
10-27-10, 06:40
Glad to hear the equipment has saved your nephew's life. I hope he will be returning soon, safe and sound.

jklaughrey
10-27-10, 07:14
Glad he is alive. I hope they sent a few goat ****ing Hadji's to see Allah.

platoonDaddy
10-27-10, 08:01
Bless all of those who are in harms way!

g5m
10-27-10, 13:19
I'm glad he'll be okay.

TehLlama
10-27-10, 15:57
Boron carbide, the prayers of family, and grace of God. I'm glad he's alright.