PDA

View Full Version : EagleArms?

white spaniard
07-26-07, 12:16
Hi is there a AR maker called EagleArms? A person I work with purchased one for 2K seems kinda expensive, he said it came with an ACOG scope and LaRue scope mount and a full railed FF handguard. What quality is EagleArms though is the rifle worth the price 2,000.00?

DRich
07-26-07, 12:22
Eagle Arms is the "budget" division of Armalite.

From Armalite:

There are normally very few differences between ArmaLite and Eagle Arms brand rifles.

ArmaLite rifles are the top of the company's line. They tend to be more up to date, and include higher quality parts such as chrome lined barrels. They are produced from selected forgings.

Eagle Arms rifles are intended to compete with lower priced brands. They are extremely high quality rifles in their own right. They bear un-chromed barrels as standard.

ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are either factory or government built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists.

ArmaLite rifles bear a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Eagle Arms rifles bear a Limited One Year Warranty.

I wouldn't pay $2000 for an Eagle Arms rifle, but that's just me.

Mojo58
07-26-07, 12:25
This from the Armalite website:

"WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ARMALITE AND EAGLE ARMS RIFLES?

There are normally very few differences between ArmaLite and Eagle Arms brand rifles.

ArmaLite rifles are the top of the company's line. They tend to be more up to date, and include higher quality parts such as chrome lined barrels. They are produced from selected forgings.

Eagle Arms rifles are intended to compete with lower priced brands. They are extremely high quality rifles in their own right. They bear un-chromed barrels as standard.

ArmaLite Lower Receivers and Lower Receiver Assemblies are NEVER sold to the public. All ArmaLite rifles are either factory or government built. ALL other brands of receivers are sold to the public, including Eagle Arms brand receivers, and thus rifles of all brands except ArmaLite may have been assembled by hobbyists.

ArmaLite rifles bear a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Eagle Arms rifles bear a Limited One Year Warranty."

http://www.armalite.com/library/faq/faq.htm

glklvr
07-26-07, 12:53
I remember the good ole days (three years ago? :( ) when you could get consecutively serial numbered EA receivers for $99 apiece shipped.

55Kingpin
07-26-07, 13:53
I remember the good ole days (three years ago? :( ) when you could get consecutively serial numbered EA receivers for $99 apiece shipped.

$99?? Hell, I picked up 5 from Quantico Arms at a gunshow for $79 a piece. I guess that was over 3 years ago though.

Top notch lowers in my opinion.

AR15barrels
07-26-07, 15:12
$99?? Hell, I picked up 5 from Quantico Arms at a gunshow for $79 a piece. I guess that was over 3 years ago though.

Top notch lowers in my opinion.

It would not suprise me if they turned out to be LMT made lowers.

55Kingpin
07-26-07, 15:52
It would not suprise me if they turned out to be LMT made lowers.

Thanks for the info Randall. I didn't realize LMT did work for Armalite/Eagle Arms. I knew it seemed like a sweet deal though.

uranus
07-27-07, 00:00
Eagle Arms was an independent manufacturer, prior to the acquisition of the Eagle Arms trade name by Armalite. Additionally, I believe that a principal (Lewis) of Eagle Arms was a founder of LMT.

If your co-worker's rifle is based upon an Eagle Arms pre-ban lower, it would command a higher price than a standard post-1994 lower, particularly in a ban state, notwithstanding the ACOG and LaRue mount.

I noticed in another of your posts that you needed a lower with a fixed stock, so I thought that you might be in a blue (ban) state.

I have two Eagle Arms forged pre-ban lowers, and the quality seems to be on par with LMT and CMT. I also have a forged PWA (another manufacturer related to LMT in some way, I believe) pre-ban lower, and it is also of good quality.

AR15barrels
07-27-07, 00:18
I also have a forged PWA (another manufacturer related to LMT in some way, I believe)

gotM4's picture:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/25404c3e.jpg

You might say they are "related"...

white spaniard
07-27-07, 00:29
I noticed in another of your posts that you needed a lower with a fixed stock, so I thought that you might be in a blue (ban) state.

No the fixed stock is perference right now I ordered a SD upper