PDA

View Full Version : HK P30 Night Sights

payj
10-27-10, 13:24
I am buying a p30 soon and want to replace the factory night sights with new ones. I want a good quality pair. Who makes good ones for this gun.

THX

7PI
10-27-10, 13:40
I am buying a p30 soon and want to replace the factory night sights with new ones. I want a good quality pair. Who makes good ones for this gun.

THX

I have Heinie sights on mine and they work very well for me.

ROCKET20_GINSU
10-27-10, 13:40
heinie straight eights

Swamprattler
10-27-10, 14:03
I have Trijicons on my HK 45, 45c, and P30s and really like them.

vecdran
10-27-10, 14:47
heinie straight eights

This.

Mark71
10-27-10, 16:29
You are limited with the choices of sights available for the newer H&K handguns. The only sights currently available are Trijicon, Meprolight, and Heinie sights.

The Heinie sights are my favorite and I run them on all of my guns. They are on the pricey side but I feel that they are worth the $.

payj
10-27-10, 16:52
How are the Heinie's compared to the trijicons in quality?

spr1
10-27-10, 17:34
Fine. They use Trijicon to install their Tritium lamps I believe

payj
10-27-10, 17:37
Interesting. I guess I have to figure out if I like the two dot vs trijicons 3 dot set-up. What are you guy's experience between the two?

7PI
10-27-10, 17:41
Interesting. I guess I have to figure out if I like the two dot vs trijicons 3 dot set-up. What are you guy's experience between the two?

I black out my rear sights now so it all I look for is the front dot.

However, when I used the multi dot system, I found the two dot system of the Heinie Straight Eights much easier to line up in low light. To me they are much faster than the 3 dot system

OldGreg
10-27-10, 18:14
Silly question: Is Heinie direct the only source for his P30 sights? Brownells has other Heinie sights, but none listed for the P30 (unfortunately).

CyberM4
10-27-10, 18:50
I have Meps for my HK45 works great for me.

Chieftain
10-27-10, 19:26
I have the Mepro's on all 4 of my P30's and on both my HK 45's. They are after all the "real" factory night sight.

A short while back, CDNN had them on sale for IIRC about $45.00 a set, in the HK factory packaging.

I have always preferred the larger white dot on the front sight of the Meps vs Trijicon. Saying that the latest Trijicon's I looked at have beefed up their "whiteness" on the front sight. On Trijicon rear sights, which includes Novak's, I like the fact the white ring is easily blackened with a sharp pointed magic marker.

I am a Bonafide Old fart who now wears Tri-focal's. I need all the vision help I can get.

In fact it is the new trend to RDS sights that may move me back into the M&P family. According to to Bowie and the other folks doing these things, the HK's do not adapt well to the RDS cuts to the slide. The M&P does. I don't do Glocks, they have never fit me right, and for over twenty years I have had recurring magazine problems with them.

I have had more magazine problems with my Glocks than my many 1911's.

Go figure.

Fred

7PI
10-27-10, 20:06
Silly question: Is Heinie direct the only source for his P30 sights? Brownells has other Heinie sights, but none listed for the P30 (unfortunately).

Direct from Heinie was the only place I could find them. Not enough volume for Brownells I guess.

You can do the web site of call Sara Davis at Heinie. 217-228-9500

Maybe some one else will know of a better option.

loupav
10-27-10, 21:10
Heinie. Is the ONLY way to go. Period.