PDA

View Full Version : Sights for S&W 915 pistol

D Golden
10-27-10, 14:42
I would like to find a replacement rear sight for a S&W 915. It has the little blade style now. I would like to put in a fixed sight, 2 dot or black.

Alpha Sierra
10-30-10, 10:06
Not many options out there. The rear dovetail is different from all other S&W third generation pistols (5906/5943 etc) but the front one is the same.

Your best bet is to send your slide to Novak and let them mill a S&W third gen spec dovetail. That will open up your choices considerably.

Both Novak and XS Sights have sets that will fit that dovetail.

I sent my slide to XS Sights to have it milled for a third gen dovetail and install a set of Big Dot express sights.

DaveR
10-30-10, 14:48
When I was looking for sights for my 915 I found these night sights but not much else.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijicon-night-sight-set-for-smith-wesson-non-novak-lomount-sa04.html

I don't know if you're considering night sights but they do match the style. Having the slide milled as Alpha Sierra suggested would give you more options.

Dave

D Golden
10-30-10, 15:33
Thanks for the info. This one is an early 3rd.gen. W/ the blade rear sight. I don`t know if it`s owner wants to sink alot of money into it. Thanks again.