PDA

View Full Version : Question about Improved Battlesight Zero

Doc Safari
10-28-10, 09:31
I've searched for this all over, so sorry if I missed it.

If you're zeroing at 50 yards using the Improved Battlesight Zero, then what does each "click" of windage and elevation translate on the target?

If each click of windage is approx. 1/8" at 25 yards/meters for the standard 300 m zero, and each click of elevation on the front sight is approx. 3/8" at 25 yards/meters, then what do these change to at 50 yards/meters?

Keith E.
10-28-10, 11:47
If each click of windage is approx. 1/8" at 25 yards/meters for the standard 300 m zero, and each click of elevation on the front sight is approx. 3/8" at 25 yards/meters, then what do these change to at 50 yards/meters?

Double the distance, double the POI change.

Keith

JSantoro
10-28-10, 14:05
Yep. As distance increases, clicks decrease at the same rate. So, if one is doubling the distance being shot, the rate of adjustment goes down by half for each click of adjustment, with the converse being true. That's across the board, with any sighting system. I don't know of any that don't use a specific, constant angular incriment of adjustment, so it's usually fairly easy to extrapolate, so long as you know the incriment.

Other, non-irons example: a Comp-series Aimpoint is .5MOA/click of angular adjustment. In linear distance, that means 2clicks/inch @ 100yd (or 30mm @ 100m; slightly more POI shift becuse 100m is a longer distance, and the angle progresses at a constant rate).

Take it down to 50yd (half the distance), that's 4 clicks/inch (double the clicks).

25yd = 8 clicks/inch

Converse: 200yd = 1 click/inch. Double distance from 100yd = half the clicks to move the POI the same 1"