PDA

View Full Version : BFG Padded VCAS Questions

Jellybean
10-28-10, 13:19
So I've decided on going with a padded VCAS as soon as I get around to getting a sling. But in the meantime, after reading around I have a few (more) questions.

I was reading a discussion thread from a while back, and some folks mentioned that the length of the pad was changed (shortened).
Is this so, and are these the only version now being produced?
Or is there still 2 sizes, and how do I tell the difference between the two online?

Are the standard slings being phased out in favor of the AA model? I seem to be seeing an overwhelming majority of the AA's.... Or is the AA the new shortened version? I know this version has the acetal adjuster, but they don't say anything else

For mounting, I intend to use push-button QD studs. I want to buy the sling in the standard configuration (no sewn-in QD studs), because I want to keep the option of mounting it the original way.
Can the standard sling be used for this? Or do I have to get the version with the sewn-in QD studs?
The instructions aren't very helpful here, and some of the pics I've seen I can't really tell.... (http://www.blueforcegear.com/pdf/INSTRUCTIONS_VICKERS_PADDED_SLING.pdf)

Finally, what is a good reliable place to buy online that has all the color options, and a decent price?
A lot of the places I've found either look fishy, or only have a couple colors.

Chameleox
10-28-10, 13:28
To answer some of your questions,

Yes, the Standard Padded AA can be fitted with a QD swivel. It won't be permanently sewn into the design, but it will work just fine. I did this, and I'm happy with it.

Good sources include Blue Force Gear directly, Bravo Company, and SKD. None of these guys will screw you over the price or shipping.

TehLlama
10-28-10, 21:00
I picked up mine from NVBGear, but any of the above will work.

The integral QD model is a deal, however if you don't want to end up buying a second one so soon (as I did), then go basic and buy the swivels.

DTHN2LGS
10-28-10, 21:06
I have one of the newer padded VCAS with the metal slider in Multicam, and it did not come with QD Swivels. I already had some on hand and put them on like with any other sling. I was disappointed that the padding was shortened, I wish it were the same as before. You may not be able to get the older ones unless they are used.

I bought mine from Grey Group using the M4Carbine.net discount (you have to place your order over the phone to use it), and they had to order it because I wanted Multicam. It only took them a week to get it and ship it to me. I was very pleased with them, and will do business with them again even without the one-time discount (read the stickied thread on this).

You might need to email Blue Force Gear to get answers for all of your questions.

Jellybean
10-28-10, 21:58
The integral QD model is a deal, however if you don't want to end up buying a second one so soon (as I did), then go basic and buy the swivels.

I have one of the newer padded VCAS with the metal slider in Multicam, and it did not come with QD Swivels. I already had some on hand and put them on like with any other sling.
Ok. Just wanted to be sure it would work with seperate swivels.
I just saw the thread for the Grey Group discount today actually. May have check that out.