PDA

View Full Version : UPS Planes Carrying Suspected Radioactive Material Quarantined

Safetyhit
10-29-10, 10:44
Apparently there are 3 planes in question, one in Newark and two Phila. Those 2 are only about 20 miles from me. :mad:

"Authorities Investigating Possible Bomb Threat at Philadelphia International Airport"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/29/authorities-investigating-possible-bomb-threat-philadelphia-international/?test=latestnews

Safetyhit
10-29-10, 10:51
Now they are saying that the NJ one has been cleared, but the other two are being investigated by the FBI. And something similar seemed to happen in the UK today, but not sure.

I am so sick of these mother****ers keeping us on edge all the time waiting for another mass killing here in our own country. Hope it all turns out to be a mistake, but who the hell knows anymore.

VooDoo6Actual
10-29-10, 10:54
Prelim EEI looks like IED Toner Cartridge.

More to follow...

Alex V
10-29-10, 11:36
Man the media is hyping this up. Something tells me this an over-reaction to nothing, and I hope I'm right...

Gutshot John
10-29-10, 11:57
I don't think you have to believe the hype to recognize that this is a major story, more significantly I'm glad they're hyping it.

While I'm sure there isn't any immediate danger it seems pretty clear that this is a probe of our defenses. The more the media "hypes" this, the more clear it will be to the originators of the package that they're going to have to find another way.

Honu
10-29-10, 14:51
wonder if its tied in with the DC shootings ?

testing bumping and seeing the response etc..

GermanSynergy
10-29-10, 18:07
This was my thought as well.

wonder if its tied in with the DC shootings ?

testing bumping and seeing the response etc..