PDA

View Full Version : Troy sling QD won't stay in my URX II

1911-A1
10-29-10, 12:30
I have a BCM 11.5" upper with the URX II rail system:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BCM-URG-11%20URX%2049-3.jpg

I just got a Troy QD 360 Sling mount to use as a forward attach point for my MS2 sling.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/xtsmoupbs00bt.jpg

I realized when it arrived that the Troy QD will fit in the URX's attach point, but is easily pulled out. The QD attaches very securely to the Troy mount (of course) and cannot be pulled out.

My question is: is the URX II out of spec, or is the Troy QD a proprietary size? I expected there to be a universal style of QD mounts since the holes are so similar.

Any ideas?

Rmplstlskn
10-29-10, 12:39
One easy way is to ask a buddy to try his sling with swivel QD's, no matter who makes it. If his pops out easily too, then your on to something, either way.

Rmpl

1911-A1
10-29-10, 21:57
I don't know anyone around that has another rail to try. Anyone have other ideas?

CAG - 516
10-29-10, 22:04
Hmmmm interesting.....

I would have suggested the same thing as Rmp, with trying another rail with the same QD and see what happens.

Ive honestly never seen someone with this problem, but i also dont know anyone personally that runs a URX rail.

hjmpanzr
10-29-10, 22:28
I've got three URX II rails and currently use/have used daniel defense QDs on all three rails without any problems.
It's not a perfect comparison because I've never tried a troy QD on the URXs.
BTW, beautiful upper.

CAG - 516
10-29-10, 22:39
Yea i also strictly use DD RSA's and always use the attachment point it comes with, never tried attaching the sling point to one of the rail points before.

If it fits fine in the rail adapter then u should just stick with it instead of trying to run it on the rail itself.

mikejg
10-30-10, 08:54
This may not be of much help but I have a troy QD swivel (that came with the same rail mount you pictured) and it fits perfectly in my DD Omega X rail.

1911-A1
10-30-10, 10:11
This may not be of much help but I have a troy QD swivel (that came with the same rail mount you pictured) and it fits perfectly in my DD Omega X rail.

Is the QD swivel supposed to rotate 360 degrees? Mine only rotates about 20 in the Troy mount.

mikejg
10-30-10, 17:07
My Troy mount and the DD rails both have rotation limiters. I don't know if the URX should stop rotation or not.

Sanpete
10-30-10, 20:58
This is a fairly common issue with those QD swivels. There is not really a universal fit among them. Some QD's will fit a few brands, and other QD's will fit others. For example, QD's from Vltor will not fit their own CASV rail, however a QD from Daniel Defense will. Another brand doesn't fit in Larue, while GG&G seem to have a different fit on their mounts.

It seems to relate to the spacing of the little ball bearings to the shoulder of the swivel, and not the diameter of the socket or swivel.