PDA

View Full Version : glock 35 holsters

Pal
10-29-10, 17:31
Do any model 35 owners know if a Serpa level 3 duty holster for a glock 22 will work with a 35?

I'm finding more holster options for model 22 glocks, will they work interchangeably with a 35?

Thanks for the help.

CoryCop25
10-29-10, 17:35
I'm sure the barrel will hang out of the bottom of the holster. I don't know if you really want that. Try the Safariland ALS.

ijacek
10-29-10, 19:20
I use G35 with SF X300 on duty in Safariland holster. The G34/35 line is a little harder to find the holsters for, but it's not impossible.

Buck
10-29-10, 19:39
Try the Safariland ALS.

I believe a G35 w/ an x300 in an ALS is the winning combo...

B

PS: A Vickers magazine release, Heini strait 8 slant pro ledge night sights with the tall front sight, and a grip plug complete the package...

Pal
10-29-10, 19:43
Thanks, I hadn't looked at the ALS line. It doesn't matter to me if the barrel and slide stick out the bottom of the holster.

BaronFitz
10-29-10, 22:49
If it's a belt holster, you may end up leaning to one side in your car seat by being propped up by that longer slide. I found that to be the case with my G34. I always leave a pretty indentation on the seat from the barrel and guide rod hole. If it's a thigh rig, then rock on...I just may have the trouble because I'm riding around in bucket seats in my Toyota rather than a squad car.

FFK
10-30-10, 19:41
My duty rig is a Safariland ALS/Glock 35/TLR1. I am 5'7"-5'8" and with the standard drop I don't have a problem with the length when I am sitting in my car.

Pal
10-30-10, 21:19
I may pick up an ALS. I use a subcompact and Serpa 3 holster for duty. I was just looking for something similar, this 35 is just for training purposes and shooting steel. I want something that draws similar to the Serpa. Thanks for the input.

FFK
10-30-10, 21:40
Gotcha...

On that note, as long as its an open bottom holster I would expect it to work fine. My two issue guns are a 35 and a 22. They interchange fine between my Safariland's (SLS/ALS light models and non light ALS paddle model) and my open top Serpa's as well. I would expect that the duty serpa would index on the same part of the slide and trigger guard for either gun. I have never had a problem with the slide sticking out the bottom.