PDA

View Full Version : Cans in Ohio?

dialM4murder
07-28-07, 07:13
Anyone up to speed on obtaining a suppressor for my AR in Ohio?

Alpha Sierra
07-28-07, 07:28
It's the same as every other state where supressors are legal.

If CLEO won't sign, incorporate and do it that way. Bigbore should be along shortly to help with the specifics.

C4IGrant
07-29-07, 14:22
100% legal. Did I happen to mention that we are now a class III dealer? ;)

C4

carshooter
07-29-07, 15:27
100% legal. Did I happen to mention that we are not a class III dealer? ;)

C4

Grant,

Did you mean to say that you are NOW a Class III dealer? I know you were going to get your SOT and I wonder if it went through?

C4IGrant
07-29-07, 15:31
Grant,

Did you mean to say that you are NOW a Class III dealer? I know you were going to get your SOT and I wonder if it went through?

Good Lord, I cannot type today! Yes, we are a class III dealer now.

C4

carshooter
07-29-07, 15:39
Well, then I guess congrats. are in order!

I guess your personal toy budget just went up!

dialM4murder
07-29-07, 15:53
So its that simple? whats the process? I seem to remember some paper work or something being required?

C4IGrant
07-29-07, 16:05
So its that simple? whats the process? I seem to remember some paper work or something being required?

Do you live inside city limits? There maybe a restriction by the city on owning an NFA item (would check). If the answer is no, then I would next contact or local CLEO and ask him/her if they will sign off on a form 1 or form 4. If the answer is no, then you need to look at starting a trust or putting the item in your companies name (if you have one).

Forms can be filled out from here: http://www.titleii.com/Forms.htm

C4

Adam
07-29-07, 16:38
Forms can be filled out from here: http://www.titleii.com/Forms.htm

C4

Does anyone no if Title II updated their forums to the new style?

Alpha Sierra
07-29-07, 16:41
Do you live inside city limits? There maybe a restriction by the city on owning an NFA item (would check).

House Bill 347 put an end to local gun control ordinances back in mid march.

C4IGrant
07-29-07, 16:46
House Bill 347 put an end to local gun control ordinances back in mid march.

Ah yes, but the big cities do not seem to be following the law. If he has a can in Cleveland and the local PD catches him, they will throw him in jail and take the can. While he may later be found not guilty, that is a lot of BS to go through.

C4

fattboyzz
07-29-07, 16:46
my bad

STAFF
07-29-07, 17:00
fattboyzz, if you have question about 7.62 AR's, please start a new thread in the correct forum.

Alpha Sierra
07-29-07, 17:52
Ah yes, but the big cities do not seem to be following the law. If he has a can in Cleveland and the local PD catches him, they will throw him in jail and take the can. While he may later be found not guilty, that is a lot of BS to go through.

C4

Word on the Ohio CCW forum is that the Cleveland PD union bosses have told the rank and file to not enforce any Cleveland gun ordinance that conflicts with state law lest their members be civily liable for false arrest.

I sure don't want to be a test case, but it looks like the police union has way more sense than village idiot Frank Jackson.

dialM4murder
07-29-07, 18:13
I live in Euclid anyway, not Cleveland. Frank Jackson is a clown. The city is the poorest in the nation and hes wasting money the city doesn't have fighting the state.

Yeah i forgot about the preemption law that passed. Nice.

dubb-1
07-29-07, 23:58
Euclid? You should have no issues at all. CLEOs seem to be a bit more progressive in the east than over here in NW Ohio.;)

Dave Williams
07-30-07, 06:47
FYI the Euclid PD Chief has no issues at all with Class III type stuff.

He signed off on my flawless POF/LMT SBR purchased from Grant.:)

Dave Williams

dialM4murder
07-30-07, 07:42
wow, thats awesome.

C4IGrant
07-30-07, 07:48
Hey Dave, glad to see you post!

C4

Dave Williams
07-30-07, 15:20
Grant,

Hope all is well with you and your family.

I ran into a LT from by bro-in-law's PD and he was incredulous about your store, couldn't believe the tactical superstore out in the middle of nowhere existed, LOL. He was very impressed.

I used my SBR at my PD's Patrol Rifle training class, needless to say it ran like a top, and was by far the coolest rifle there. I have about 1.5K flawless rounds through it. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Dave

C4IGrant
07-30-07, 15:31
Grant,

Hope all is well with you and your family.

I ran into a LT from by bro-in-law's PD and he was incredulous about your store, couldn't believe the tactical superstore out in the middle of nowhere existed, LOL. He was very impressed.

I used my SBR at my PD's Patrol Rifle training class, needless to say it ran like a top, and was by far the coolest rifle there. I have about 1.5K flawless rounds through it. Couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Dave

Thanks for the feedback.

I always get a kick from seeing AR shooters walking into my store and watching their eyes light up. :D

C4

Dave Williams
07-30-07, 15:39
I really think most people on this forum don't realize how cool your store is. To be able to compare these products side by side is fantastic. I'd say anyone within a four hr drive owes it to themselves to drive over next time they need some tactical product, they won't regret it, make a nice day trip out of it.

Dave

dialM4murder
07-30-07, 15:40
Thanks for the feedback.

I always get a kick from seeing AR shooters walking into my store and watching their eyes light up. :D

C4

And how does one get to your store exactly? :cool:

Nathan_Bell
07-30-07, 16:06
And how does one get to your store exactly? :cool:

You take a sighting of the sun, and then get lost. Almost hit a lake, turn right, and then realize it would have been quicker to turn left, but by then you are committed so you soldier on. Then you cross a dam and then turn right twice and then left. Tada.

Now a semi-serious response. I would say take I77 south, then (stolen from Grant's website)
"From Route 77, take the Bolivar Exit. Take 212 East.

Follow 212 toward Atwood Lake. Turn left onto New Cumberland Rd."

If you see a huge (for being out in BFE) RV dealer ship on the left you need to hit your right turn signal.

C4IGrant
07-30-07, 16:08
You take a sighting of the sun, and then get lost. Almost hit a lake, turn right, and then realize it would have been quicker to turn left, but by then you are committed so you soldier on. Then you cross a dam and then turn right twice and then left. Tada.

Now a semi-serious response. I would say take I77 south, then (stolen from Grant's website)
"From Route 77, take the Bolivar Exit. Take 212 East.

Follow 212 toward Atwood Lake. Turn left onto New Cumberland Rd."

If you see a huge (for being out in BFE) RV dealer ship on the left you need to hit your right turn signal.

Nates directions are good. I will just add that we have a big sign on the left side of the road that reads G&R Tactical.

C4