PDA

View Full Version : New Burris Tac30 1-4x24 Midwayusa exclusive...

OutlawDon
10-30-10, 18:12
Just ordered this...on sale right now at $299. They had it only in dark earth color before but now it's available in matte black. Will report feedback later.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=994114

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=460800

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=114624&st=0

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2010/10/new-1x-4x-illuminated-burris-scope-for-multi-gun-shooters/#respond

MidwayUSA has teamed up with Burris Optics to produce a new scope that should be ideal for Multi-Gun competition. The new Burris Fullfield TAC30, sold exclusively thorugh MidwayUSA, features 1X to 4X adjustable magnification and a 24mm objective. The illuminated Ballistic CQ reticle provides hold-over points for the longer stages. The scope body is sealed and nitrogen-purged. Sean Doke, MidwayUSA’s Optics Manager noted: “We listened to our Customers and partnered with Burris to create a unique scope that met our customers’ requirements. The new Burris Fullfield TAC30 allows for rapid engagement of close quarters targets while also providing holdover points out to 600 yards.”

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Large/994114.jpg

Jake'sDad
10-30-10, 19:10
Interesting!

Price is certainly right. I didn't see the battery life, do you know what it is?

I'll be very interested in hearing your feedback.

OutlawDon
10-30-10, 19:17
Interesting!

Price is certainly right. I didn't see the battery life, do you know what it is?

I'll be very interested in hearing your feedback.

I haven't found anything on the battery life.

Guess I'll be one of the guinea pigs on this one. ;) But overall it looks like a great scope if it's anything like the XTR I've researched on.

halo2304
10-30-10, 20:25
Hopefully it's better than the AR-332! :sarcastic:

supersix4
10-30-10, 21:54
I ordered one last week to put on an LMT MWS. we will see...

lethal dose
10-30-10, 21:59
is there an etched reticle in addition to the illuminated?

ChocLab
10-30-10, 23:12
Almost looks like the same reticle as the 332. I'll wait for the viper for a little more money.

OutlawDon
11-05-10, 17:17
Bare with me, as I just got it in the mail and these are my quick initial feelings/views. I'll report more later as I'm about to head back to work now...

Very well made and sturdy. Reticle and illumination is daytime visible except in the brightest of bright sun against a white wall! Push-button illumination on and off...hold button for 5 seconds to turn off, push to turn on. 30mm tube, glass etched reticle, and 2nd focal plane. Reticle is off the Burris 332 optic and is ranging up to 600 yards. At 1x power, it is a "true" 1x from about 10-15 feet and beyond. Glass is very clear and bright, and HUGE field of view at 1x. Good compact length at 10.25 inches long. Entire rear eyepiec turns while adjusting magnification for easy to grip access.

This scope is just tons better than the Nikko Stirling 1-4x24 that it's replacing in all areas. That's going back to Midway for a refund after only 2 weeks. I've also owned a Weaver 1-3x20 and a Millet DMS 1-4x24 a few years back just to give you an idea of my experience with low powered scopes. This is leaps and bounds ahead of all those. For $299 on sale now at midway...I highly recommend it. Looks to be a great scope for a CQB/midrange combat/3 gun rifle. Taking it out to the range soon!

Here's an update pic of the rifle with a recent makeover from buttstock, to bipod/mount, Midwest Industries T12 rail, and Daniel Defense offset mount for the Primary Arms microdot.
http://healthbydon.com/ar15burris.jpg

Jake'sDad
11-05-10, 18:18
Thanks for the review. Looks like an option for those on a budget, or for a second gun as well. I've had several Burris scopes on hunting rifles, never had a problem with any of them.

Eagle1*
11-27-10, 18:27
Outlawdon, have you taken this scope out for a run yet? I am anxious to see if it really works well for you. I am in need of a 1 - 4 optic for my AR and dont have that much cash for one.

I do want to know if the crosshairs are in the front or second focal plane though. Looking forward to hearing from you.

supersix4
11-28-10, 03:11
I have one on an LMT 308 AR, it is pretty dang cool. The illum. is bright. I can aquire the ret. very quickly, and have no problem staying on target. I had to test my ball ammo to get the ranges on the reticle. I did not have any problem laying down and ringing a 12 in steel plate at 450 yds and picking it back up and dialing down to finish the mag on multiple targets at 30 yds. There is some distortion on the edges but it a a dang good scope for the money. I just need a power throw lever for it.

aveisone
05-10-11, 12:25
Any long term updates on this scope? Im thinking about purchasing a used one.

Steve S.
05-10-11, 16:19
Battery life anyone??

Wetwork
05-10-11, 22:41
The user guide is a catch-all covers a bunch of different models and is vague...darnnit. In regards to battery life it says for the XTR 30-100hrs with the #2025 battery. Then it explain's about the Digital Dimmer Switch which I'm assuming is on the TAC30's. It say's 120-200hrs with #2032 battery. My TAC30 Dark Earth got here today.-WW

Steve S.
05-10-11, 23:39
The user guide is a catch-all covers a bunch of different models and is vague...darnnit. In regards to battery life it says for the XTR 30-100hrs with the #2025 battery. Then it explain's about the Digital Dimmer Switch which I'm assuming is on the TAC30's. It say's 120-200hrs with #2032 battery. My TAC30 Dark Earth got here today.-WW

Thanks bro. What are your initial thoughts? Need a new optic for a .22 AR. If it does well on that, it will make the jump to 5.56.

glockstan
06-21-11, 20:29
No one have it, looks like every places out of stock on this Burris Tac30 1-4x24

jwfuhrman
06-21-11, 20:42
Ran one for 6 months as my 3gun optic. IMO, it beats the hell out of any other 1-4 under $800. Only reason Im not using it anymore is I wanted extra power, and went with the Leupold Mark4 MR/T M2 1.5-5

steven37
06-26-11, 20:25
anybody know when they will be back in stock anywhere?

Wetwork
06-26-11, 22:21
Thanks bro. What are your initial thoughts? Need a new optic for a .22 AR. If it does well on that, it will make the jump to 5.56.

It's a great ranch scope. It's easy and quick for me to hit my 340 yard gong from my front porch. Just by chance there's one single juniper on the far hillside outside my front door, I hung a nice gong in. It's fun to step out, drop to the railing and wack the gong. I'm using 77grain .223 handloads and the holdover seems to work fine. Sorry so late in the response. I'm not a shooter, just a rancher, so can't tell how it would hold up with the big boys, and lots of running/gunning. It's my standard carry on the ranch, and has been holding up well.-WW

shaneinhisroom
06-28-11, 13:12
That's nifty! I really like the price. Wonder what the battery life is also..

Tomac
06-29-11, 06:49

I emailed Burris about it and was told that it's 1,000hrs at the very lowest setting (which is what I keep mine at anyway).
HTH...
Tomac

Biz Kizzle
06-29-11, 13:03

...Digital Dimmer Switch which I'm assuming is on the TAC30's. It say's 120-200hrs with #2032 battery. My TAC30 Dark Earth got here today.-WW

perhaps this? i'm sure its in that ballpark with the higher settings, but 1000 hrs is a lot if the low setting works....