PDA

View Full Version : Larue Reciprocating Stock Riser?

cj5_dude
10-30-10, 20:18
So I was perusing the Larue website today and see they are advertising a new reciprocating stock riser for a Magpul CTR stock. It looks like the premise is you get a stock riser that won't interfer with the use of the charging handle, and I'm guessing it slides back and forth.

Has anybody seen/used one of these? Thoughts, comments? It looks interesting but there's very little info on their website.

friendlyfireisnt
10-30-10, 22:40
There were some reports on arfcom in LaRue's industry section from people who got to try them out at LaRue's big shoot recently.

Other than that, I haven't seen much info.

M4Fundi
10-31-10, 02:47
I shot with one for 10 quick shots at the LaRue shoot. I can not give any worthwhile critique. Things were moving too fast out there. Freddie Blish had one on the rifle he was demoing the T1 with angle mount. (Freddie was great to talk to about Aimpoints and FALS... thanks Freddie)

The purpose is to give the CTR a higher cheek riser and the riser is spring loaded so it slides back with the charging handle. I did not slide it back so no info on that, but I will say it seemed very solid while shooting.

I have not figured out whether it is meant to be used on an SPR or a Carbine type role. I think it might excel on a carbine with magnified optic where a precise cheek weld is more critical. I don't think I would bother with it and an Aimpoint.

shadow65
10-31-10, 10:07
Without trying one, it's hard to say. I can't comprehend a cheek riser that moves at all. Just doesn't sound repeatable.

CAG - 516
10-31-10, 10:12
Ive always been a big fan of Larue products and was actually looking at this riser not too long ago.

Ive never tried it but like shadow stated, i cant see how this riser works too well if its able to move easily.

And i think this stock riser would be used more for a SPR than any other.