PDA

View Full Version : new C product mag problems???

jrainer
10-31-10, 01:01
I have a new C product 30 rd mag that seats well and drops free with out any issues when empty but when loaded it is hard to seat and lock in place is this a common problem or is it a problem with my rifle?

kal
10-31-10, 01:27
I noticed that with one of my C product steel 5.56mm mags.

When inserting a partially loaded mag into the mag well with the bolt closed, I have to wiggle the mag back and forth to lock, or shove it in with incredible/unreasonable force and some times even that doesn't work.

No issues with the bolt locked back though.

I don't know what causes this but I think the cut-out on the side of the mag is a bit low.

jrainer
10-31-10, 01:39
Yeah that is about what mine is doin. I have tried adjusting the bullet button and that seems to have helped a little bit and I mean very little but there is a slight improvement. I think I will be sending the ones that are doing this back as I hae eliminate everything I can do to help with function in my rifle

citizensoldier16
10-31-10, 01:43
Over-tight mag springs. C-Products' mags have been known for this and many other problems.

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-27714.html

Given that, I own a few and have noticed that their springs seem tighter than other mags. I really have to whack the mags to seat them on a closed bolt. Like yours, they seat fine with an open bolt. Load them up to 30 rounds and let them sit for a month. That worked fairly well on mine.

Honestly, I'd banish them to range use and get some good Pmags. For what you get, its worth the extra couple bucks per mag. Grant always has good deals on them. $14.20 per mag is about as low as I've seen them on the good old InterWeb.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=PMAG

The_Hammer_Man
10-31-10, 01:47
Honestly, I'd banish them to range use and get some good Pmags. For what you get, its worth the extra couple bucks per mag.

+5 to this!

Had an issue with a mag that just wouldn't seat with the bolt closed no matter what you did. Open bolt? fine.. Closed? not so fine.

I have a few C-mags (who doesn't) and they sit in my range bag. Nothing but P-mags in my work bag.

kal
10-31-10, 02:29
Over-tight mag springs. C-Products' mags have been known for this and many other problems.

Not on my C-Product mags. The amount of force needed to press down on the follower is slightly less than my romanian AK mags, for example.

I really think this is an issue with the placement of the cut-out on the magazine. If it's lower than where it should be, then the result is having to push harder on the magazine to lock it in place because the bottom of the bolt carrier is putting diagonal force on the top round.

matt86
10-31-10, 02:42
normal with steel mags. Load them up to 28 rounds and it should lock in fine. If you have to have 30 in the mag, try locking the bolt to the rear, inserting mag, then using the bolt release to send the bolt home. That may still cause a failure to load a round so 28-29 rounds is your best bet.

wolf_walker
10-31-10, 02:58
normal with steel mags. Load them up to 28 rounds and it should lock in fine. If you have to have 30 in the mag, try locking the bolt to the rear, inserting mag, then using the bolt release to send the bolt home. That may still cause a failure to load a round so 28-29 rounds is your best bet.

This mirrors my experience. I have half a dozen black non-stainless c-mags with orange followers and they work just like my ancient alum gov mags with yellow magpul followers. I prefer p-mags other than they don't fit some of my old GI issue 3 mag pouches too well.