PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Open Carry Article

tuck
11-01-10, 13:01
I thought this was pretty interesting, and definitely not something you see everyday around these parts.

http://www.scenenewspaper.com/news-views/19-news-view/436-show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine-gun-toting-citizens-take-advantage-of-states-open-carry-law.html

Alpha Sierra
11-01-10, 14:42
good trigger discipline

Lincoln7
11-01-10, 15:23
That's a pretty good article. I open carry almost everywhere I go and have had essentially zero issues. Of course, Virginia is known as a 'Golden State' when it comes to carrying firearms. And with a Concealed Handgun Permit there are very few places I can't go armed.

Lincoln7
11-01-10, 15:25
good trigger discipline

Seriously...

tuck
11-01-10, 23:57
good trigger discipline

I know right, that was the first thing I noticed before I even picked up the paper... :rolleyes:

That's a pretty good article. I open carry almost everywhere I go and have had essentially zero issues. Of course, Virginia is known as a 'Golden State' when it comes to carrying firearms. And with a Concealed Handgun Permit there are very few places I can't go armed.

I can't imagine it would go the same for me. The only time I've ever seen anything resembling open carry in my area is a plain clothes LEO.

Still, I'm very tempted to start carrying.

lightsareout
11-02-10, 12:52
Thanks for posting, that was very informative. I just purchased a Glock 19 and was unclear on the WI laws (originally from MI). I was very surprised at how easy the whole purchasing process was!

tuck
11-02-10, 12:56
Thanks for posting, that was very informative. I just purchased a Glock 19 and was unclear on the WI laws (originally from MI). I was very surprised at how easy the whole purchasing process was!

Yeah, buying handguns here isn't a big deal. The biggest pain is the 48 hour wait period, but I guess it's not as bad as some other states.

lightsareout
11-02-10, 12:57
Yeah, buying handguns here isn't a big deal. The biggest pain is the 48 hour wait period, but I guess it's not as bad as some other states.

Exactly have to drive back to Appleton this weekend to pick it up but it could be a lot worse

streck
11-02-10, 13:01

When I was stationed in VA, anyone could open carry as long as they could legally own a handgun. The permit was necessary to carry concealed. Still, anyone with a permit had to expose the weapon (uncover) when entering a bar or restaurant.

Pretty nice laws overall and the permit was not inexpensive. I should have renewed it as they do not differentiate for residents and non-residents. Once you get a permit, you can keep renewing it and just update your address.

As for the article, pretty fair and good to see something pro-gun from Madison. Whomever that is in the picture needs to stop fingering the bang knob.

SmokeJumper
11-02-10, 14:06
Interesting article, thanks for sharing. I printed copies out for a training bulletin at work.

tpd223
11-02-10, 14:23
good trigger discipline

In the one pic it looks like numb nuts has his finger on the trigger and his thumb on the cocked hammer. WTF?

Asshattery abounds.

Alpha Sierra
11-03-10, 21:19
Asshattery abounds.
+1

Just noticed you're from Topeka. Former Wichitan here......