PDA

View Full Version : H Buffer for Bushmaster?

scrappy35
11-01-10, 13:04
With BM not being mil spec is there a difference in the buffer that I need to order or are they the same size for milspec and commercial buffer tubes?

Thanks Shane

Lincoln7
11-01-10, 13:18
Bushmasters are known to be overgassed, ie a large gas port causing a more violent cycling of the action. I put an H2 buffer in my BM and it runs great with all ammo types. It helped reduce felt recoil significantly, aswell. I would go with an H2 aswell and if that is too heavy for you just disassemble and replace one of the tungsten weights with a steel weight from the Carbine buffer. Good luck.

fdxpilot
11-01-10, 14:09
With BM not being mil spec is there a difference in the buffer that I need to order or are they the same size for milspec and commercial buffer tubes?

Thanks Shane

I think what you are asking is if there's a difference in the physical dimensions between buffers in Milspec and commercial sized receiver extensions. If so, no. They are the same size, just varying in weight.

Quentin
11-01-10, 14:10
Scrappy, Lincoln7 has some good points there. While it might not be recommended, by swapping a tungsten and steel weight between your standard carbine buffer and an H2-buffer you'd in effect have two H-buffers though they wouldn't be marked correctly.

If you find that the H2 doesn't cycle properly with weaker 55gr ammo this should solve the problem. Of course the recommended path if a H2 is too heavy would be to bite the bullet and buy an H-buffer after all.

Alex V
11-01-10, 14:20
I had problems having the bolt lock back with an H-Buffer in my BM when shooting Wolf in a dirty rifle. When the rifle is clean, there are no issues with an H-buffer.

Not sure how an H2 would cycle if I had a problem with an H

scrappy35
11-01-10, 17:42
Thanks Guys, you answered all my questions!

Col_Crocs
11-01-10, 19:15

Thanks Shane

It's the outer diameter of the non-milspec RE that's a bit larger. Their internal diamters are the same. With bushies' larger ports though, an H2 would be my bare minimum.