PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have one "left of chart" AR?

Doc Safari
11-01-10, 15:09
I've got a Daniel Defense XV and a Bravo Company Model 0, to which I added the carrying handle. I plan on replacing my Colt 6920 by spring.

I plan to get one more "left of chart" M4 or mid-length that is not one of the above configurations/brands. Then I plan to get a duplicate of one of the "left of chart" brands that I've already got to shoot the heck out of and leave the others as occasional, babied shooters.

If you could only have one, what "left of chart" M4 or mid-length would you opt for, and why?

I'd have to say my bias is for Colt, but the BCM and Daniel Defense rifles are nice too.

Quentin
11-01-10, 15:43
It's so hard to go against BCM or DD but I'd love to have a Colt. Still my next upper will be a BCM 16" LW midlength.

THCDDM4
11-01-10, 15:49
DD M4V1 :cool:

Most complete rifle out of the box, nothing you don't need, everything you do. Robust, strong, light, A+ fit and finnish, best CS department there is, everything is made in house, they stand by their product 100%.

I wanna get a BCM middy, and another 6920 (Just bought one the other day and the wife wants one too now). I also want to get a noveske recce in the future as well.

Doc Safari
11-01-10, 17:16
I'm back and forth as to whether I prefer the DD or the BCM. The BCM is more meat and potatoes a good basic M4. Still, I had to order the rear sight/carrying handle. The DD came with some custom features like the flared mag well and port for the single point sling swivel, not to mention a backup rear sight that doesn't cover the whole rail.

I put 220 rounds through the BCM Saturday with perfect reliability. But, since I had to order the carrying handle/rear sight separately, the sights were putting the rounds barely on the paper at the start of the range session. I should have done some boresighting or something first. I think it's sighted in now. My eyes got tired of looking at paper targets at 50 yards, but I hit even small rocks at the same range after I decided the sights were close enough.

The DD was sighted in pretty darn good for 50 yards right out of the box. I haven't shot it much, but it was 100% function also.

One of these days I'll put both on paper at 100 yards and see how they do.

Every Colt I've ever owned was GTG, so it's a known quantity.

What I'm unfamiliar with is LMT, Noveske, and any of the mid-length rifles. Noveske seems a bit pricey, and I'm sorry to see the S & W isn't more "left of chart." I would have bet money right out of the gate that it was nearly the equal of Colt.

JSGlock34
11-01-10, 18:43
If you've already got the Colt, BCM and DD, how about try something a bit different and pick up the KAC SR15E3?

Scotty
11-01-10, 19:27
This type of question would keep me up all night. Lately I've been aching for a 20" A4 clone, so I'd go with a Colt for the build. Another M4 type? DD for me. I have an M&P15FT with a TA31F now, and it really is a great little gun. I would'nt sell it for a tier 1 gun any day.

cop1211
11-01-10, 19:34
KAC or Noveske with VIS.

HeavyDuty
11-01-10, 20:15
My current thinking is, if I were restricted to owning only one top quality AR, I'd go with something spec'd like what I'm piecing together right now:

AGP Arms lower
BCM complete 16" pencil midlength upper with FSB and their BCG
ACS, MOE PG and MOE HG
ML3 on a Troy or Bobro QD
Hahn rear BUIS
TLR-1 or X300 on an IWC light mount

To be honest, I'm sure I could get by with only this one weapon - but I do like my toys.

RogerinTPA
11-01-10, 20:21
I've got a Daniel Defense XV and a Bravo Company Model 0, to which I added the carrying handle. I plan on replacing my Colt 6920 by spring.

I plan to get one more "left of chart" M4 or mid-length that is not one of the above configurations/brands. Then I plan to get a duplicate of one of the "left of chart" brands that I've already got to shoot the heck out of and leave the others as occasional, babied shooters.

If you could only have one, what "left of chart" M4 or mid-length would you opt for, and why?

I'd have to say my bias is for Colt, but the BCM and Daniel Defense rifles are nice too.

Why would you want to ditch your 6920???:confused:

MistoGators
11-01-10, 21:25
Colt LE6920 or a Spike's LE middy.

RedRaider
11-01-10, 22:20
Noveske

djegators
11-01-10, 23:44
Well, I currently have a Noveske Recce Lo Pro (VLTOR MUR), a Noveske Recce basic, a Colt 6920, and a Bravo middy with a Larue 12.0. All four are setup slightly different, and I would be happy with any of them, but if I had to choose only one, it would be the Noveske low pro.

matt86
11-02-10, 00:25
Whichevers cheapest. Personally, I would go BCM upper and DD lower. Complete rifle for around 850$

87GN
11-02-10, 01:11
If I could only own one AR it would be a Colt. Because I can own more than one AR, I don't own a single Colt.

No, that doesn't make any sense, but that's the way it is.

variablebinary
11-02-10, 01:31
When you buy Colt, you remove all doubt. All guess work is completely eliminated.

Magic_Salad0892
11-02-10, 05:17
Colts are the most basic of basic, the beat to hell grunt gun if you will.

KACs, BCMs, they are for people who want something specific, regardless of task(s).

Colts, and LMTs (Defender series), are the best basic gun.

That said if I could only own one ''left of the chart'' AR it would be a KAC, that wasn't available then Colt.

gtmtnbiker98
11-02-10, 06:29
Only one left of chart rifle? Well, I already own it, 6920.

ralph
11-02-10, 07:22
I'm pretty happy with what I have..I had Grant build me a lightweight AR this spring, using DD parts,(upper, lower,bcg, 16" pencil bbl) G&R lpk, magpul stock, triggerguard, blem'ed ras rail,(came with vfg,and rail covers) DD fixed rear, front sights, SF x-300, and a Aimpoint compM3.. I'm thinking this should hold me over for awhile..

lt211
11-02-10, 07:24
On the actual chart, I would go Colt 6920. If I could only have one not on the chart: LMT CQB MRP Defender Model 16. JMO!

shadow65
11-02-10, 07:33
Colt M4

Col_Crocs
11-02-10, 07:37
Just to clarify, your BCM is also a 16 CAR? That case, I would look at keeping the one you like best and selling the other along with you Colt. Then I'd get either the Centurion Arms 16 LW midlength or BCM 14.5 Midlength, and a Centurion 12.5 CAR.

Doc Safari
11-02-10, 08:41
Why would you want to ditch your 6920???:confused:

I had sold it off years ago to buy something else. Bad mistake.

120mm
11-02-10, 08:52
I've been out of the US so flipping long (On and off since 2006) that I am currently out of AR type carbines. I've sold/given away all my crappy carbines, so I am in the process of ordering the parts to my only AR carbine.

I already own a Seekins billet lower, and picked up one of the Palmetto Armory $150 lower kits.

For the upper, what I'd really want is a quality hammer-forged pencil barrel mid-length. BCM for everything but the barrel. Haven't decided on barrel brand, yet.

Fixed BUIS and Aimpoint T1 w/MOE all around. I'll slap one of my G2s on it for a light.

Mjolnir
11-02-10, 09:43
LMT lower with Geissele trigger. Noveske N4 upper or something very similar like BCM offers (Daniel Defense or Troy Industries rail - toss up but leaning towards Troy). Battle Comp muzzle brake.

Troy BUIS, ACOG TA30, S&B Short Dot, Leupold Mk IV 1.5-5x or Aimpoint M4. SureFire Scout Light. MIAD pistol grip with bolt and firing pin core. Stubby front vertical grip filled with extractor assemblies. Sling of your choice.

Call it a day.

Yeah, I'd like a palette of these.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-02-10, 10:05
only one complete from the mfg ar platform? Kac sr15e3.

sadmin
11-02-10, 10:11
I would go with what I have now.
14.5 BCM mid. with Larue 12" and fixed BUIS. BCM BCG, and Vltor IMOD.

Its the culmination of 9 AR's that ranged from too heavy, too much glam, crappy parts., carbine gas... etc.. I am an AR accessories manufacturers wet dream. I dont know if something will work for me until I buy it and try it out; so needless to say I have lots of stuff. Ive got what I wanted all along, light weight, durable, well made; I just didnt know it until this site schooled me. (Thanks members of M4) Yes, I ate the acid on the mid-length gas; I noticed a big diff so I went all out with them, not a carbine left in the safe.

Watrdawg
11-02-10, 10:15
Sticking with what I have now.

LMT Lower with Geisselle SSA trigger. BCM 14.5 Middy complete upper with PWS556, Troy rails, BUIS, and stubby VFG, Ergo grip, UBR, Eotech 553, VCAS sling.

polymorpheous
11-02-10, 18:55
I think I would go with a BCM.
They are a 20 minute drive from me and I like to support the local guys.

Scotty
11-02-10, 19:29
I think I would go with a BCM.
They are a 20 minute drive from me and I like to support the local guys.

Wish I was 20 minutes away.:sad:

polymorpheous
11-02-10, 20:01
Wish I was 20 minutes away.:sad:

There's no store front.
In SE Wisconsin, we order online like the rest of the country.
If I order in the morning before work, I usually get it in the next day's mail.