PDA

View Full Version : Caracal pistols. BEWARE!

Edmond
11-04-10, 04:15
You better use eye protection. I heard this morning of a shooter who had a case flying straight to the eye like it happened to me. He was fortunately wearing protective goggles.

That came after I have had two calls from people who have tested the pistols they just received and experienced the same malfunctions I experienced with the batch of pistols I tested..

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/IMG_53641024.jpg

Entropy
11-04-10, 09:23
Interesting. I have no experience with the Caracal, but based on its design of shoving the bore axis as deep as possible into the frame like the Steyr M-series I'm guessing the extractor design is similar. I have quite a bit of experience with the Steyr, and since the extractor has to be canted up into the ejection port it can sometimes stick when the pistol is dirty(rubs harder against the slide), and it can fling casings upward and to the rear.

Alpha Sierra
11-04-10, 09:38
ANSI Z87-2 impact resistant polycarbonate lenses are your friend.

gtmtnbiker98
11-04-10, 10:04
I'll beware the entire product line.

Edmond
11-04-10, 10:08
Interesting. I have no experience with the Caracal, but based on its design of shoving the bore axis as deep as possible into the frame like the Steyr M-series I'm guessing the extractor design is similar. I have quite a bit of experience with the Steyr, and since the extractor has to be canted up into the ejection port it can sometimes stick when the pistol is dirty(rubs harder against the slide), and it can fling casings upward and to the rear.

5 brand new pistols out of the box I tested plus 3 other cases I heard of within the last 48 hours....

JodyH
11-04-10, 11:47
ANSI Z87-2 impact resistant polycarbonate lenses are your friend.
That's fine on the range.
Might be an issue at 3am when you hear your backdoor being kicked in.
It'd suck to win the fight only to lose an eye because your pistol ejected a round into it.

militarymoron
11-04-10, 14:49
It'd suck to win the fight only to lose an eye because your pistol ejected a round into it.

"Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare. "
:D

Seraph
11-04-10, 14:57
"Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare. "

Nice.

rubberneck
11-04-10, 15:08
An empty shell casing cracked that lense? I have but my eye glasses through holy hell over the years and they have never cracked like that.

Facejackets
11-04-10, 15:21
My Glock does the same thing. Kind of annoying...

Naxet1959
11-04-10, 16:36

SPPPPEEEWWWWWWWIIIIINNNNNGGGGG Diet Coke!!! Man thats funny!!!!! :D

cj5_dude
11-04-10, 16:53
Sucks that the gun does that, but if those were the shooting glasses you were wearing then you are wearing entirely the wrong thing. NEVER ever wear glass lenses. Poly lenses, as you'll find in probably every pair of shooting glasses found at any gun store, are the safe way to go. Those glass lenses could have broken free of the frame and then put glass into your eye which is probably worse than the casing.

You really need to invest in better eye protection.

An Undocumented Worker
11-04-10, 17:25
So why did you feel the need to make a new thread on this, as there are two other caracal pistol threads that you have posted in.:confused:

In fact you posted that exact photo in the other thread you started.https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=780681&postcount=21

Ed L.
11-04-10, 19:34
He claimed that the pistol did this in a prior thread, but that apparantly did not garner him enough attention so now he is starting a new thread devoted to it.

He also seems to have a penchant for seeking out new messageboards and starting threads about Caracals. Do a google search with the words caracal pistols beware or just use the words Edmund and Caracal and see how many boards he popped onto to post about the Caracal.

It seems that he has a love-hate relationship with the Caracal, which may or may not be due to the fact that he tried to establish a business relationship with the company and they turned him down, or at least that is what a source tells me.

I've experienced no malfunction issues or getting wacked in the face with ejected brass from the two samples that I have. I am only a few hundred rounds into a 1k round evaluation of each.

Having said that, it is certainly not unheard of for one example of a particular gun to work fantastically while another may have issues. I have experienced this several times myself.

So I am not saying that this might not have happened to him, but I find it curious that he is posting about the Caracal on so many boards with such evangelical zeal.

Safetyhit
11-04-10, 20:23
It seems that he has a love-hate relationship with the Caracal, which may or may not be due to the fact that he tried to establish a business relationship with the company and they turned him down, or at least that is what a source tells me.

While he communicates respectfully and seems to be a fairly knowledgeable shooter, I agree his posts are all over the place both literally and figuratively. Almost too much so to be mere coincidence.

How about you tell us the reasoning behind the 9mm AR, Edmond. ;)

Ed L.
11-04-10, 21:24
It seems that that Edmond also owns the domain Caracalfirearms.net .

http://whois.domaintools.com/caracalfirearms.net

helothar
11-04-10, 21:50
THE PLOT THICKENS

dvdlpzus
11-04-10, 22:03
I became very weary of Edmon after I saw him in more then three forums. While it is nice to have some information and pictures on the Caracal most of us can not refute or validate it since we have never shot the Caracal. From all persons who have shot the Caracal around the forums that I've visited, Edmond has the only negative opinion. I am still waiting patiently for the release in the USA. I hope I get a discount! :P

Omega Man
11-05-10, 02:43
It is weird the way this guy came out of nowhere and starts riffing on this pistol. And i am highly skeptical about his eyeglass lens.

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:16
He claimed that the pistol did this in a prior thread, but that apparantly did not garner him enough attention so now he is starting a new thread devoted to it.

He also seems to have a penchant for seeking out new messageboards and starting threads about Caracals. Do a google search with the words caracal pistols beware or just use the words Edmund and Caracal and see how many boards he popped onto to post about the Caracal.

I've experienced no malfunction issues or getting wacked in the face with ejected brass from the two samples that I have. I am only a few hundred rounds into a 1k round evaluation of each.

Having said that, it is certainly not unheard of for one example of a particular gun to work fantastically while another may have issues. I have experienced this several times myself.

So I am not saying that this might not have happened to him, but I find it curious that he is posting about the Caracal on so many boards with such evangelical zeal.

Ed, isn't "when you assume, you make an ass of you and me" an american saying?

I have posted about Caracal pistol before you even knew it existed.

There is a safety issue, today and I know it. Think what you want but I have to warn users.

I have people calling me and mailing me with similar experience and as I just learned another shooter here would have lost an eye without his top of the line protection.

He called the gunshop, the importer and mailed to Caracal.
They immediately had a French consultant they hired call the guy to ask him stop using the pistol and bring it back..

The difference between you and me is that I reported honestly what happened, pistols serial numbers are visible, ammunition is cited by name.

I do not post things like "we took a pistol and shot a few hundred rounds without any problem.

I censor what I would have said if I answered the American Way to your post.

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:21
I became very weary of Edmon after I saw him in more then three forums. While it is nice to have some information and pictures on the Caracal most of us can not refute or validate it since we have never shot the Caracal. From all persons who have shot the Caracal around the forums that I've visited, Edmond has the only negative opinion. I am still waiting patiently for the release in the USA. I hope I get a discount! :P

My super extra power makes it that I can even prohibit those who have the pistols in hand in US for two months to post about their own experience... ;)

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:23
So why did you feel the need to make a new thread on this, as there are two other caracal pistol threads that you have posted in.:confused:

In fact you posted that exact photo in the other thread you started.https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=780681&postcount=21

BEWARE! it is self explaining, isn't it?

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:26
While he communicates respectfully and seems to be a fairly knowledgeable shooter, I agree his posts are all over the place both literally and figuratively. Almost too much so to be mere coincidence.

How about you tell us the reasoning behind the 9mm AR, Edmond. ;)

What do you mean? The eye protection? I do not take any risk with someone else eyes even if I know there is none.
So when there is one, don't you think I should warn people?

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:27
It is weird the way this guy came out of nowhere and starts riffing on this pistol. And i am highly skeptical about his eyeglass lens.

Yawn..

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:28
It seems that that Edmond also owns the domain Caracalfirearms.net .

http://whois.domaintools.com/caracalfirearms.net

so what do you assume? ;)

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:46

I post on US forums for 12 years. WOW! I did register on these forums just in order to be ready to post about a company that woumd be created in 2007..

:laugh:

Edmond
11-05-10, 03:51

You may or may not even find much more

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7811043/m/589109167/p/1

Browse the forums where I posted this thread and search for threads I started. You will make better use of your time than posting here as a shooters' forum Doctor Freud.

Edmond
11-05-10, 06:45
[mode Colombo ON] By the way, Ed, did you notice that below the finish there is a trace from the breech almost all down the slide to the rear? That is a clamping device trace. Yes! below the finish.
Talk about Quality Control..[mode Colombo OFF]

To write,shoot straight and speak the truth.

Please click on thumbnails. Not for dialup.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/th_IMG_6288.jpg (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/?action=view&current=IMG_6288.jpg)
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/th_IMG_6287.jpg (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/?action=view&current=IMG_6287.jpg)

JSantoro
11-05-10, 08:03
Enough with the postwhoring, Edmond.

Freakin' spaz.

Yawn, indeed.